HiFiMAN RE0/RE-ZERO question
Feb 20, 2011 at 3:05 AM Post #31 of 34
The Re-ZERO does have a balanced TRRS plug, the adapter turns it to an unbalanced TRS plug. If you plug the TRRS into an iPod directly, the sound from the right channel will be missing.

Quote:
Maybe thats a misprint, it still says "balanced" which is (TRRS) and under it says with an adapter for "standard" 3.5mm plug. That doesnt make sense, why would you need an adapter to make a plug "standard"(TRS) when thats what its already suppose to be? id check on that first before assuming it is now TRS.I ordered a pair last night and they shipped today so hopefully ill get them tuesday or wednesday,ill post back and tell you definitely!

Feb 20, 2011 at 8:15 AM Post #32 of 34
I've not tried the RE-Zero, but I have to say the RE0 are far overhyped on these forums. They are essentially Ad700 in IEM form, but less fun to listen to as they are far too analytical. Sure they have clarity, but there are far too many genres of music that they are just bad for. I've found that every "heavy" type of music, distorted guitars and such, just sounds far too lifeless to enjoy at all. Any bass heavy music, hip-hop/electronic, also suffer from this. The RE0 design is also completely atrocious, whoever thought that there should be ridges on the metal part that comes in direct contact with the ear all day should be fired. I also question their quality, the cord is thin and rigid and the tips are flimsy/just bad quality. I wish I'd bought another pair of the Apple Dual Drivers over the RE0.

Feb 20, 2011 at 8:15 PM Post #33 of 34

Quote:
Maybe thats the end of the "limited Edition'
beyersmile.png
, Now they have TRS plugs.

They dont, emailed Head Direct today and they still have TRRS but they now have the 1yr. warranty

Users who are viewing this thread

Back