HiFiMAN RE0/RE-ZERO question
Jan 6, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #16 of 34

Quote:
probably all the ones produced now do.  The ones i got right before christmas has the new plug, but it also came from china instead of the american location, and i assume the american location has the older stock so some of theirs might have the adapter.

Oh, that makes sense. Well I'll see when I get it.

Jan 6, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #17 of 34
In terms of value the RE0s are definitely number here on headfi 10/10. The vocals are very beautifully textured and treble sparkles without sibilance (which is very hard to do as most high end headphones/IEMs are sibilant in one way or other).

Jan 7, 2011 at 5:34 AM Post #18 of 34

Quote:
Quote:
Can anybody confirm that all RE-Zeros produced from now on has that TRS plug?

They all do - Link

Maybe thats the end of the "limited Edition'
beyersmile.png
, Now they have TRS plugs.

Jan 7, 2011 at 5:46 AM Post #19 of 34
You need to get a perfect fit with these to get any good sound from them.

I've tries a lot of different tips, triple flange, Comply foam, all supplied with the RE-ZERO but none worked for me.

To be honest, up to now I'm very disappointed with them!

Jan 7, 2011 at 6:19 AM Post #20 of 34
Very true! You need to get a perfect seal with both the REO and RE-ZERO to get great sound from both of them. I've been using the large V-Moda clear silicon tips and they've been working out great for me. 

Jan 7, 2011 at 6:34 AM Post #21 of 34
The bi flanges work very well for me but if you really have seal problems try out something like the sony hybrids or any foam tips. BTW are you properly squeezing the complys before insertion? 

Jan 7, 2011 at 9:38 AM Post #22 of 34
get these fake sony hybrids

great fit/sound and really cheap

sth like 7$ for 9 pairs

i am very pleased with them , and they work also for my 252/262

here is the ebay link - highly recommended

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/earbud-replacement-SONY-EP-EX10A-WILL-FIT-MANY-TYPES_W0QQitemZ150438421011QQihZ005QQcategoryZ112529QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#shId
Quote:
You need to get a perfect fit with these to get any good sound from them.

I've tries a lot of different tips, triple flange, Comply foam, all supplied with the RE-ZERO but none worked for me.

To be honest, up to now I'm very disappointed with them!

Jan 12, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #25 of 34
Bought from me :)

Jan 15, 2011 at 8:27 PM Post #26 of 34
I just received the RE-ZERO headphones I bought and have given them some listening time; they're slightly bass-shy and a little fatiguing but really clear, transparent and awesome value-for-money. 

Feb 19, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #29 of 34
     Quote:
does the RE-zero limited edition cost the same or more expensive than the newer non-limited edition without adaptor?

Brand new, the RE-ZERO cost $20 more than the RE0, as on the Head-Direct website

Feb 19, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #30 of 34
Maybe thats a misprint, it still says "balanced" which is (TRRS) and under it says with an adapter for "standard" 3.5mm plug. That doesnt make sense, why would you need an adapter to make a plug "standard"(TRS) when thats what its already suppose to be? id check on that first before assuming it is now TRS.I ordered a pair last night and they shipped today so hopefully ill get them tuesday or wednesday,ill post back and tell you definitely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back