HiFiMAN RE0/RE-ZERO question
Jan 5, 2011 at 3:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

Windsor

1000+ Head-Fier
At this time of writing, I see that this site ranks the Hifiman RE0 as the number one in-ear headphones (and for only $79). 
smile.gif

For my in-ear headphones I currently use Apple In Ear Headphones (dual drive model), and was thinking of buying the RE0/RE-Zero. To anyone that has compared the above Hifiman and Apple in-ear headphones, is there that much difference between them in sound quality?

Many thanks
Windsor

Jan 5, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #2 of 34
I dont know if re0 is number 1 :D but it does compete with many higher end IEM for treble. You will notice a very big difference with both re0/RE-ZERO compared to your apple phones. I actually prefer the RE-ZERO. The mids and bass are better and more liquidy.

Jan 5, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #3 of 34

Quote:
I dont know if re0 is number 1 :D but it does compete with many higher end IEM for treble. You will notice a very big difference with both re0/RE-ZERO compared to your apple phones. I actually prefer the RE-ZERO. The mids and bass are better and more liquidy.

Thanks, JosephKim. 

Jan 5, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #4 of 34
the zero is a winner - and someone is selling a new one on the fs threads for 70$

great price.

Jan 6, 2011 at 1:39 AM Post #5 of 34
x2
Zeros win. More forward fluidy mids.

Jan 6, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #6 of 34
For treble and clarity, it is very good for it price. It doesn't get way better from RE0 technically even if you spend 3x or 4x your money, though you may get 3x or 4x musical experience with that money spent.

Jan 6, 2011 at 11:46 AM Post #9 of 34
I went from the zero the 252/262 which are superiors IEMs , but i still kept the zeros for a rainy day.

never sell a good IEM unless you have found a truly better one (or you willend up missing it)

Quote:
i miss my RE-ZERO. Sold it looking for my perfect IEM, but so far hasnt gotten better than the zeros.

Jan 6, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #10 of 34
That's not quite true :p

I have better earphones than the CK10 that I sold a while ago but I still miss it :p

The RE-Zero is a good earphone esp when considering the price and the fact that it comes with a TRS plug now. The only thing was that there wasn't much in the sub bass

Jan 6, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #11 of 34
I just bought RE-Zero headphones from the For Sale part of these forums (thanks for the reminder, proedros) and really look forward to hearing them with my own ears. 
smile.gif

Jan 6, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #12 of 34

Quote:
That's not quite true :p

I have better earphones than the CK10 that I sold a while ago but I still miss it :p

The RE-Zero is a good earphone esp when considering the price and the fact that it comes with a TRS plug now. The only thing was that there wasn't much in the sub bass

Can anybody confirm that all RE-Zeros produced from now on has that TRS plug?

Jan 6, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #14 of 34

Quote:
Quote:
Can anybody confirm that all RE-Zeros produced from now on has that TRS plug?

They all do - Link

Hmm? I don't get it. it's the same article I saw months ago, it's saying that it has the TRRS plug. Well the only reason I care is that mine is away for replacement and I'm just wondering what it will come back as...

Jan 6, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #15 of 34
probably all the ones produced now do.  The ones i got right before christmas has the new plug, but it also came from china instead of the american location, and i assume the american location has the older stock so some of theirs might have the adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back