Hifiman RE-800
Jan 17, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #213 of 270
I have a question, I've narrowed it down to 2 iems to go balanced on the Sony zx300- the oriveti new primacy and the hi fi man re800. Both look small and comfy and both have mmcx connectors. I'm leaning towards the re800 ( even though it's 400 dollars more ) because they look tiny like I'm used to, and I think the high treble energy would go good with zx300.

I feel the new primacy may be too smooth with the zx300, and the only iems I listen to have somewhat bright treble ( UE700, SM e80 ). Although I did like the xba n3, just not the fit. I think the synergy would be better, any thoughts?

Thanks.

Jan 17, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #214 of 270
I have a question, I've narrowed it down to 2 iems to go balanced on the Sony zx300- the oriveti new primacy and the hi fi man re800. Both look small and comfy and both have mmcx connectors. I'm leaning towards the re800 ( even though it's 400 dollars more ) because they look tiny like I'm used to, and I think the high treble energy would go good with zx300.

I feel the new primacy may be too smooth with the zx300, and the only iems I listen to have somewhat bright treble ( UE700, SM e80 ). Although I did like the xba n3, just not the fit. I think the synergy would be better, any thoughts?

Thanks.

I'll try my best to explain:

They are almost entire opposites

ONP sounds thick, with an enhanced bass, slightly forward midrange, and a smooth top end, yet with an open-sounding midrange

RE800 sounds natural and flat, with a tight and precise bass, a slightly recessed mirange and an enhanced top end. RE800 works (it is one of the best IEMs) for acoustic music. Also for certain types of metal.

ONP has a more friendly sound that works well with pop and maybe some electronic.

The detail level is good for the price of each, RE800 clearly has a more detailed presentation, and the tuning alone is able to bring more forward, it also has better overall revealing abilities.

Once agian, if you have 300$ or so to spend, ONP is probably a nice one, while if you want a higher-end IEM, RE800 is most probably going to satisfy you quite well!

Jan 17, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #215 of 270
I'll try my best to explain:

They are almost entire opposites

ONP sounds thick, with an enhanced bass, slightly forward midrange, and a smooth top end, yet with an open-sounding midrange

RE800 sounds natural and flat, with a tight and precise bass, a slightly recessed mirange and an enhanced top end. RE800 works (it is one of the best IEMs) for acoustic music. Also for certain types of metal.

ONP has a more friendly sound that works well with pop and maybe some electronic.

The detail level is good for the price of each, RE800 clearly has a more detailed presentation, and the tuning alone is able to bring more forward, it also has better overall revealing abilities.

Once agian, if you have 300$ or so to spend, ONP is probably a nice one, while if you want a higher-end IEM, RE800 is most probably going to satisfy you quite well!

Many thanks George :) I couldn't ask for a better explanation/comparison of both. I am going to go with re800, since I don't mind detail and treble (I can eq if need be) I'm more concerned about fit and comfort since I have so much trouble with my ears lately, re800 looks size wise - shape wise what I can tolerate in an iem.

Jan 17, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #216 of 270
Many thanks George :) I couldn't ask for a better explanation/comparison of both. I am going to go with re800, since I don't mind detail and treble (I can eq if need be) I'm more concerned about fit and comfort since I have so much trouble with my ears lately, re800 looks size wise - shape wise what I can tolerate in an iem.

I hope it will satisfy you well!

They are one of the most comfortable IEMs you can get, regardless of the shape of your ears :darthsmile:

Feb 23, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #217 of 270
HiFiMAN RE800 Review :)

https://audio123blog.wordpress.com/2017/11/20/hifiman-re800/

photo_2017-11-20_18-16-38.jpg

Jun 9, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #219 of 270
Can anyone tell me the sound differences between re800 with Oriolus Forsteni? despite one is DD and another one is Hybrid?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back