Hifiman HM1000: Worlds first Quad PCM 1704 DAP
Apr 21, 2022 at 12:49 AM Post #376 of 585
Any chance you had it side by side with p6p to compaire them? Ive been wanting to do this comparo for a while but how hard it is to sell the hm1k has put me off it :/
Hi there!
I have the quad one and compared it with the P6 Pro. To my mind the P6 Pro is a little bit clearer, but has a too "analog" sound for me. It's quite good, but a little bit boring. The HM1000 quad is more dynamic and has a better bass for me. It's a lot of more fun by having nethertheless a very clear and airy sound!
If anybody is interested in, I have listed my HM1000 in classifieds

Apr 23, 2022 at 7:13 AM Post #377 of 585
Excellent pairing with Pico Origa!
IMG_20220423_164656.jpg

May 19, 2022 at 4:39 AM Post #380 of 585
which one do you prefer?
Without any doubt a HM1000 black. But usability of app is not good.

It is hard to believe but it have no listening mode without repeat — a basic function that any player has. For checking a battery charging percentage while playing I should exit from play screen. Stupid moving turntable (?) that cuts embedded art going me crazy. And still no support of folder picture.

These shortcomings, apart "endless repeat" are not really big, but Hifiman support seems unwilling to fix bugs.

May 19, 2022 at 5:39 AM Post #381 of 585

It is hard to believe but it have no listening mode without repeat — a basic function that any player has. For checking a battery charging percentage while playing I should exit from play screen. Stupid moving turntable (?) that cuts embedded art going me crazy. And still no support of folder picture.

These shortcomings, apart "endless repeat" are not really big, but Hifiman support seems unwilling to fix bugs.
I must admit the remote app and OS of the HM1K is as dogsh*t as the sound is good. With up to 4x PCM1704K in an R2R configuration, only the LP6 and it’s variants with up to 4x AD5790 is on par in terms of DAC performance. Amp wise, well, LP wins hands down, but they have OS issues of their own to contend with too snd doesn’t offer streaming capabilities or other iOS/Android perks.

On sheer sound quality, it is my most honest opinion, that there is no portable DAC/DAP better than the HM1K and LP6 and their respective variants today. I say lets enjoy them for what they do best than be aggravated by what they suck at… 😬

Last edited:
May 19, 2022 at 5:52 AM Post #382 of 585
confirm all negative facts about HM software. I don't know how it possible to create so bad soft in 2022 and even not update it. Just take a look on date of last update for IOs remote app, jeeez Hifiman please....
So far soundwise they are just great daps:)

May 19, 2022 at 6:11 AM Post #383 of 585

is sq such a big jump? r2r2k black already is better than anything i've tried so far

May 19, 2022 at 8:10 AM Post #387 of 585
I don't know how it possible to create so bad soft in 2022 and even not update it.
Welcome to the World of Hifiman. :L3000: I totally did not understand the same thing with the R2R2000 (I got rid of it because of that) - but at least I had hopes they would improve this with the HM1000. Nope..

May 19, 2022 at 8:10 AM Post #388 of 585
i recall someone saying the exact opposite actually haha, are you talking local files HO or LO + amp / bluetooth?
R2R when properly implemented delivers the most natural sound. I listen to both local hires and streaming music, with more demanding IEMS, I line out to an Aroma power stack and so far, that’s been quite unbeatable.

May 19, 2022 at 8:16 AM Post #389 of 585
R2R when properly implemented delivers the most natural sound. I listen to both local hires and streaming music, with more demanding IEMS, I line out to an Aroma power stack and so far, that’s been quite unbeatable.
yeah, these r2r chips in particular are a cut above the rest.

is the hm1k headphone out a big ste up from the r2r2000 black too? i'm getting my r2r2k black modded, but still wondering about the hm1k, that one may come in the future :)

May 19, 2022 at 8:21 AM Post #390 of 585
yeah, these r2r chips in particular are a cut above the rest.

is the hm1k headphone out a big ste up from the r2r2000 black too? i'm getting my r2r2k black modded, but still wondering about the hm1k, that one may come in the future :)
I can’t tell you that, don’t have an R2R2K to compare, although the HO in and by itself shouldn’t have an noticeable impact on the SQ right? What mod are you doing?

I think if you could catch a good deal, you should seriously consider. There are no more PCM1704K chips and they are still at the top of the ladder, R2R wise. 😉 You just have to be willing to bear with app and OS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back