Hifiman HM1000: Worlds first Quad PCM 1704 DAP
Jan 18, 2022 at 12:24 AM Post #346 of 585
Hi, HM1K owners, my HM1000 Quad has decided to go wonky on me. Taking longer time to react to button action and connecting to App. When it's connected, it's not showing the usual page of status but goes straight to Update Media, with or without SD card inserted, and then failing to connect wirelessly. Any idea what's going on? How do I do a reset? Thanks in advance.

[EDIT 1: It decided to fix itself after a day. Shrug 🤷‍♂️ But now it's selectively not showing some music files (flags), ie the files are there, confirmed in other players -- SP2K, 300Max, etc, just some random folders with 0 files. I tried reformatting the card and re-copying the files over, and same folders without same missing files! File types, file names, etc are all checked and verified to be acceptable. Anyone had this problem before?]

[Edit-2: Figured out what the problem was. But first, there’s a new firmware (ver 20211025) in case you're not as up to date. It seems the HM1K is fussy with folder names; I’ve not been able to figure out what it doesn’t like (it's not punctuations or spaces or special characters) but when I renamed a folder to something simpler, shorter, the files appear and play normally. This feels a little like a log of the lone captain of a doomed ship. Anyhow, there you go. Over and out.]

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2022 at 11:57 PM Post #347 of 585
rD7Mf2R_d.webp

Jan 30, 2022 at 12:03 AM Post #348 of 585
SXVB5Jq_d.webp

Jan 30, 2022 at 2:20 AM Post #350 of 585
Hi, may I ask what this is? Can it be used by an iOS or MacOS devices?
It is only something for windows user, it basically does the microSD scanning on your PC (at a faster rate) and produces a QR barcode which you than use phone app to scan and upload the command file containing your library database.

Jan 30, 2022 at 2:31 AM Post #352 of 585
Where did you get that case from?
same as the blue posted above, from easecase on ebay but also available on aliexpress. they do a great job although i wish it could be very slightly tighter but this is easy to fix. i plan to order 1 more with no holes except for the usb c and the jacks.
5bogpGa_d.webp

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2022 at 10:23 AM Post #353 of 585
Feb 5, 2022 at 12:40 AM Post #354 of 585
Not sure if it was covered already here but in case anyone is interested I found this link to a review of the new HM800. I have not myself tested the Himalaya Dac but the size and weight of this device are interesting although i would have preferred a conventional 4.4. or 3.5 output on it.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2022 at 12:29 PM Post #355 of 585
Not sure if it was covered already here but in case anyone is interested I found this link to a review of the new HM800. I have not myself tested the Himalaya Dac but the size and weight of this device are interesting although i would have preferred a conventional 4.4. or 3.5 output on it.
Wow, haven’t heard of this yet and it looks like an interesting new concept! The article seems to be a typical way of promoting Chinese technology though, I am pretty sure this website only exists for this reason. 😉Also never understood why such kind of articles always need to be so long (reminds me of Fiio telling their product development tales)?

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2022 at 8:41 PM Post #356 of 585
Wow, haven’t heard of this yet and it looks like an interesting and new concept! The article seems to be a typical way of promoting Chinese technology though, I am pretty sure this website only exists for this reason. 😉Also never understood why such kind of articles always need to be so long (reminds me of Fiio telling their product development tales)?
I must correct myself: Had a closer look at qucox.com and it seems they have reviews on a variety of products from all sorts of companies and countries - so it is NOT one of those typical promotion websites...I am sorry! :sweat_smile: Just the review is written in a style that somehow reminds of those sites...

Anway, I would be exited to read more about the HM800! I kind of like the idea of not having a dingledongle hang out of my pocket but in front of my chest instead. Just the cables they provide look a bit underwhelming and it might be difficult to get third party options!

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2022 at 4:22 AM Post #357 of 585
You maybe can try use manual in hm1000 let it update the media after done you try connect to your pc.
1. Please click "MANUAL" then operate as the operation guide
2. Please wait for the update of the mediahub, when it is finish, connect your phone and HM1000 to your computer and copy the generated file "HIFIMAN.DAT" to the folder "hifiman/incoming"
i use my android phone to get it work by wireless.
i put DAT file inside my phone folder inaide hifiman. incoming and same DAT to sd card
Hi there!
I've bought a HM1000 and try to make the Hifiman-remote .apk app work on android. Unfortunately my smartphone (samsung) didn't connect to the HM1000 because of a outdated bluetooth version (1.0047). So I decided to update the firmware of the HM1000 from hifiman support.

Now the question: How can I exactly update the firmware? I've tried so many things but the .IMG file is gone after putting the sd card back to the HM1000...and the firmware version is every time the old one. I recognise this by using an old iPhone...there are no problems to connect the HM1000 and take a look into the device settings like firmware version...but I want to use my everyday android smartphone with the HM1000...
Please help me guys...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back