HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW .
Nov 10, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #1,532 of 3,445
I read this in the Company's answer in the link you have put.(I used Bing translator).

"I must apologize to everyone is plagued by the use of, the classic card, please send it back to us. Have any questions, please feel free to contact our customer service, 4,000,038,566".
top.gif
Posted: 2013-11-07 17:13 | 14 floor .

Nov 11, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #1,534 of 3,445
I am liking the way the new board is sounding. It went through a warm funky stage but is opening up now and is very enjoyable. 

Nov 11, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #1,536 of 3,445
  Boot up is the same but the library scanning  is at least 10 times faster. Very noticeable when you use a full 128gb SD card

+1 scan time is a lot faster... I still get system freeze sometimes hence I carry a paper clip to poke that reset button...I am suspecting the system freeeze is caused by the "microsd to sd card"adapter that I am using...

Nov 11, 2013 at 7:48 AM Post #1,537 of 3,445
for those of you who have access to taobao.... hifiman is doing 50% discount on iem and minibox cards....today 11 Nov.... (China time...)

http://toulingsm.tmall.com/search.htm?spm=a220o.1000855.w5002-3385563492.1.6khhA2&search=y

Nov 11, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #1,538 of 3,445
I have to give kudos to Hifiman's customer service.  My HM-901 had issues with the volume wheel.  They took the unit back and replaced it no questions asked.  It took a little while to get the replacement but it came today and it's working great.  I couldn't be happier with their response to the problem.

Nov 12, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #1,539 of 3,445
Hi all.
I have the good old 801,looking to go for a 901,but reading about the issues,I don't want to be a beta tester,having give a lot of money.
The 801,has not any problem,so I stick with it .
If they can solve all the problems,then I could give it a try.
Until then,I can wait.
Theodore.

Nov 12, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #1,540 of 3,445
I have the 801 and 901 and I have no regrets getting the 901 and plan selling my 801 soon. The 801 may not have the issues the 901 has, but then it has others: high or moderately high output impedance from all amp cards, it doesn't play 88.2kHz files and it has channel imbalance at low volume. And if you want balanced output you will have to live with the extra box sticking out on the back of the DAP. Furthermore you don't get album art, but that's of course not important to everyone.

I have basically zero problems with my 901. However, the firmware on the 901 certainly has room for improvement. This could easily be said about the 801 too...

Nov 12, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #1,541 of 3,445
I have a feeling like Hifiman is quite slow about improving the firmware. They may or may not be comparable but I think FiiO and iBasso works faster. Though, all of them has issues with their firmwares
redface.gif

Nov 12, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #1,542 of 3,445
  I have a feeling like Hifiman is quite slow about improving the firmware. They may or may not be comparable but I think FiiO and iBasso works faster. Though, all of them has issues with their firmwares
redface.gif

I really dont care about the firmware side of thing at the moment with the 901... albeit it still has random freezes at times and finding ways to poke the reset button on the go is a pain ..... it is a beautiful sounding device but the build quality is really questionable..... the accessories that come with the device are also very shabby... e.g. the power adapter cord is already torn.... another challenge I have right now is that all of my phones are now terminated with trrs so to use with the 901 balance... but apparently it is very hard to find a quality trrs female in order to build a trrs to rsa/hirose/4 pin balance adapter.... so that means I need to buy additional cables...... the build quality side of thing is really making me hesitant to get the 802 as well..... (the best joke i read so far is that 802 will release together with the 901 dock.... i.e. like never....)

enough of my rant... i sort of knew what to expect before buying anyway..

Nov 12, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #1,543 of 3,445

I really dont care about the firmware side of thing at the moment with the 901... albeit it still has random freezes at times and finding ways to poke the reset button on the go is a pain ..... it is a beautiful sounding device but the build quality is really questionable..... the accessories that come with the device are also very shabby... e.g. the power adapter cord is already torn.... another challenge I have right now is that all of my phones are now terminated with trrs so to use with the 901 balance... but apparently it is very hard to find a quality trrs female in order to build a trrs to rsa/hirose/4 pin balance adapter.... so that means I need to buy additional cables...... the build quality side of thing is really making me hesitant to get the 802 as well..... (the best joke i read so far is that 802 will release together with the 901 dock.... i.e. like never....)

Well, I see we have an official dealer in Europe and the price is acceptable, not like usual Eu ripoffs because the product comes from overseas. So I have to admit, it made me think about it again, should I wait more and buy HM901 for the ultimate end. Then all those build quality issues, firmware problems, battery life etc etc pushed me away. Funny though, I have no problem with it's size.

At the end we come to the ultimate balance, how much we are willing to sacrifice for sound quality? Surely it depends on person, in my case, I am not gonna throw away everything for the best ever sounding dap.

Too bad, we can't have the best of both worlds.

Nov 12, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #1,544 of 3,445

Any particular pattern to the freezes - I know you said random but completely random?

I've actually only used the reset once but that was back in 1.074 dodgy cue, and I had a cue file. I've not needed to hit reset since.

Nov 12, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #1,545 of 3,445
After organizing my folders like this: genre > artist > album > tracks, then I have found that the dysfunctional tag browsing is not a problem. I would of course have liked that it worked flawlessly, but as it is with folder browsing it gets the job done nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back