HiFiMAN HM-801 Player Firmware Debug Thread
May 27, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #226 of 480
Any update on v0.18?

May 27, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #227 of 480
v0.19beta

down.head-direct.com/HM-801-0.19beta.rar

fixed:
1. manual problem. Playing page can go back to upper manuals step by step now.
2. memorize last playing track (pause status) after restarting player

Keep working on gxxxxxs.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
May 27, 2010 at 10:52 PM Post #229 of 480

Quote:
v0.19beta

down.head-direct.com/HM-801-0.19beta.rar

fixed:
1. manual problem. Playing page can go back to upper manuals step by step now.
2. memorize last playing track (pause status) after restarting player

Keep working on gxxxxxs.

Thanks

The memorize last playing track is not working properly. After restart it goes to the main menu instead of the track, to get back to the track you have to press the front left button, not good. As for having it pause, I would like to see this as a setting - pause/play on restart, I myself just want to press the on button and have it autoplay from where it left off.

The navigation is better but when you play a track/tracks from a folder and then press the front left button it goes to the top of the folder, it should either position back in the folder to the first track selected or the last track played

May 28, 2010 at 10:24 AM Post #231 of 480

Quote:

Reduced brightness setting is very harmful to sound.

Didn't realize that; thank you for letting us know (and for the new firmware!). Sound quality is obviously much more important than any battery gains.

By the way, regarding an improved amplifier module for high impedance phones - is there a chance something like this will get released in the not-too-distant future ? What about a successor to the HM-801 ?
wink.gif

Quote:
This has happened to me on v0.12 but not very often

In my case, the 'random song selection' bug happens relatively frequently. Because of this, I consciously try to navigate slowly through folders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ade_hall /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The navigation is better but when you play a track/tracks from a folder and then press the front left button it goes to the top of the folder, it should either position back in the folder to the first track selected or the last track played

I agree with ade_hall. This would be a nice addition, especially when dealing with dozens of files in a single directory. Nevertheless, navigation has definitely improved 
smile_phones.gif

Also, is it my impression or is the player a bit more responsive now while playing 24-bit flac files? In previous firmwares it would always react in slo-mo, like the CPU was severely stressed. Now it happens some of the time, for example during the sideways transition effect in menus.

May 28, 2010 at 12:29 PM Post #232 of 480
Thanks for the v0.19 firmware.

May 28, 2010 at 7:48 PM Post #234 of 480
In my opinion the top buttons should work as transport buttons and not control the menu navigation, e.g. if you play a track then go back to the main menu, pressing pause does nothing, it should pause.

Also, is the top play/pause button upside down? mine is ||< if I look at it from the front

May 29, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #237 of 480

Quote:

Also, is the top play/pause button upside down? mine is ||< if I look at it from the front

This has been noted pages ago; seems all units have the button misplaced.

Quote:
Does 88 kHz / 24 bit work now?

Nope. Only 96 kHz. Perhaps just yours and mine are loopy? Have a feeling it is not software related, sadly.

(Having been gone for awhile, this site changed quite a bit...still getting used to it.
smile.gif
)

May 30, 2010 at 9:00 AM Post #239 of 480
I don't know if this problem has been mentioned before, but...

my problem is that in the SD card navigation screen, the items seem to be put in time order instead of name order, which kind of bothers me, coz I place my songs according to artist name order, and now Lil Wayne is stuck between Akon and Backstreet Boys......

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

May 30, 2010 at 4:00 PM Post #240 of 480

Quote:
Damn, was hoping to be able to play my 88 kHz files soon. Perhaps it has to do with the level of flac encoding and 88 kHz playback?

Nope, again.
tongue.gif
  Tried with compression levels 0 to 8 and still got beans. Just a feeling of déjà vu: from the shop and now back again (i. e., hardware related, pretty sure). Actually, not much use of 88/96, so this wonky issue is no biggie.

Quote:
I don't know if this problem has been mentioned before, but...

my problem is that in the SD card navigation screen, the items seem to be put in time order instead of name order, which kind of bothers me, coz I place my songs according to artist name order, and now Lil Wayne is stuck between Akon and Backstreet Boys......

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

Not much of a solution, but, yeah, seems like all folders in the SD screen are placed by chronology (renaming will not help). However, song files are OK—if renaming is needed (both in the SD screen and folders within the screen; that is, “SD screen/folder1/songs” and “SD screen/songs”). I guess the consolatory thing is that this glitch affects only the SD path: you can always go to the Artists or Album path—the folders and songs are alphabetically in ordered. It really does not bother me much, since I have only few folders in the SD screen (cut and paste from another drive to the unit still leaves this sequential issue, by the way). That said, I suppose, it is always best to remember to place the folders chronologically (a nuisance, I know). Here’s hoping for future improvements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back