HiFiMAN HM-801 Player Firmware Debug Thread
Mar 9, 2010 at 7:13 PM Post #136 of 480
Well one thing I can notice about 0.14 is that it finally reads FLAC ID3 tags!

Yay!

However.. the implementation is not complete and its still mostly useless as is.

When you go to ARTISTS, you can choose your artist, but it will not let you select ALBUMS from them, instead it'll just list ALL the songs as one folder.

I understand there is an ALBUM option as well as ARTIST but thats just a mess to deal with since there's no fast scroll option (I pity you if you have over a 100 albums and want to find one that starts with M)

So.. we're getting there ( I don't know yet what the other changes are in 0.14 until a change log is posted)

Lets hope Fang keeps it coming
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 10, 2010 at 12:40 AM Post #137 of 480
BRICKED!
Lets try again.

Left front button can scroll through the menu's but other than that it's bricked!

Damn!

Can anyone tell me what files are in their flash drive directory. Maybe I accidentally a deleted a file or hidden file or something or who the hell knows what happened.

0.14 = Bricked
0.12 = Bricked
0.08 = Bricked

It's just Bricked!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 10, 2010 at 2:47 AM Post #138 of 480
Quote:

Originally Posted by rxxdoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BRICKED!
Lets try again.

Left front button can scroll through the menu's but other than that it's bricked!

Damn!

Can anyone tell me what files are in their flash drive directory. Maybe I accidentally a deleted a file or hidden file or something or who the hell knows what happened.

0.14 = Bricked
0.12 = Bricked
0.08 = Bricked

Email replied. What is your original version?

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Mar 10, 2010 at 1:45 PM Post #139 of 480
Quote:

Originally Posted by rxxdoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BRICKED!
Lets try again.

Damn!

0.14 = Bricked
0.12 = Bricked
0.08 = Bricked

I had nothing but the IMG file on my internal flash directory

Mar 10, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #141 of 480
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had nothing but the IMG file on my internal flash directory

x2 i deleted everything before loading the img file.

It looks like the new firmware has cured the auto-play on startup but has added another problem. After transferring files to it, once you remove the usb cable the player hangs and has to be switched off and on again to fix it. Not a major problem but perhaps one you could add the list Fang
beerchug.gif

Mar 11, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #142 of 480
Tags work better. Unit seems faster (no a/bing but seems so). Still problems with the 88 kHz / 24 bit files from HDtracks.com. Unit cannot play any of them and it makes the player go into a loop where you have to press reset button to get it to work again.

Mar 12, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #143 of 480
Is anyone else having trouble playing 24/96 flac files from a memory card.

When i play them it causes the player to hang and become unresponsive and needing a reset. I have tried a Kingston and 2 different PNY cards (All class 4 16GB). The tracks play fine from the internal flash drive so i know its not the files. Could it be the speed of the card at fault
confused.gif

Mar 12, 2010 at 6:57 PM Post #145 of 480
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarmel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Worked perfectly. Thanks. So what did this change?

No one knows yet.. other then that ID3 tags can be read from FLAC files now which I checked myself. We're still waiting on a changelog to be published
frown.gif

Mar 12, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #146 of 480
Would like to add that the screen now freezes occasionally and requires a restart when it happens. The audio continues to play and the buttons still work but the screen freezes.

Mar 12, 2010 at 11:42 PM Post #147 of 480
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is anyone else having trouble playing 24/96 flac files from a memory card.

When i play them it causes the player to hang and become unresponsive and needing a reset. I have tried a Kingston and 2 different PNY cards (All class 4 16GB). The tracks play fine from the internal flash drive so i know its not the files. Could it be the speed of the card at fault
confused.gif

What 24bit FLAC tracks you are playing with?

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Mar 13, 2010 at 9:02 AM Post #149 of 480
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nankai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What 24bit FLAC tracks you are playing with?

Its the same with all of the 24/96 flac files that im using, here is a few from the HDtracks site.

Rebecca Pidgeon - Retrospective

Ottmar liebert - Up close

Various artists - The worlds greatest audiophile vocal recordings

Head-fi - Open your ears

The first track i play will start off fine but if you decide to move to the next track or the one after that the music will start to play, but the play timer at the bottom of the screen will stay at 0:00:00. After a few seconds you can hear very brief pauses in the sound almost like clicking noises as soon as this happens the player is then totally unresponsive to any button press and has to be reset.

If i load any of them onto the internal flash memory they play fine, so i don't think its anything to do with the latest firmware or the player itself.

Are class 4 cards fast enough to play 24/96 files?

Mar 13, 2010 at 11:52 AM Post #150 of 480
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I understand there is an ALBUM option as well as ARTIST but thats just a mess to deal with since there's no fast scroll option (I pity you if you have over a 100 albums and want to find one that starts with M)

If you hold down the centre button it cycles through the alphabet, let go when you get to the letter you want

Users who are viewing this thread

Back