HiFiMAN HM-801 Player Firmware Debug Thread
Jul 16, 2010 at 3:18 AM Post #287 of 480
I don't know wether this is hardware or software related, but I experienced an issue where the player pauses replay while I put it into my pockets. The keyboard was locked of course.

Also when I scroll fast through my artist lists I sometimes get thrown back to the startup menu.

Jul 16, 2010 at 7:58 AM Post #288 of 480
I have only encountered the 24-bit tracks being displayed as 16-bit with my 24/96 ripped tracks off of my DVD-As.  Songbird had confirmed them being 24/96, but on the HM-801 they show up as 16-bit.

The biggest single issue for me is still the inability to refresh the SDHC card content without physically ejecting and reinserting the card after every power-up.  Did anyone else experience that, or is it just my unit?

Jul 16, 2010 at 1:16 PM Post #289 of 480

Quote:

The biggest single issue for me is still the inability to refresh the SDHC card content without physically ejecting and reinserting the card after every power-up.  Did anyone else experience that, or is it just my unit?

Have you tried "Update Media File" at the very bottom in main menu? (firmware 0.19)

Jul 16, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #292 of 480

Quote:

What's the problem exactly?

Have you tried a different card or the internal memory?

Jul 16, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #293 of 480
Hi headfiers,
Just Receive my HIFIMAN HM-801 Batch 3 but it doesn't play flac files installed on the "Flash On Board" of the device? is it normal please? should I try to format the device in FAT32 on Windows? Tell me please

Jul 16, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #294 of 480

Quote:

What's the problem exactly?

Have you tried a different card or the internal memory?

Internal memory works fine.

The issue is that the player seems to lose the directory tree cache from the SDHC card if you power down the unit and the only way it can be made to successfully rescan the card is to physically eject it from the socket and reinsert it.  "Update Flash" can be triggered manually, but it is ineffective without the eject/reinsert.

I will try a different memory card.  Is there a specific requirement to be formatted?  I use a MacBook Pro, but it's still FAT.

Jul 16, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #295 of 480

Quote:
Can't help you. Definitely works for me. Perhaps flashing with lower firmware and back to 0.19 would help.

Cool, thanks.  I have to figure it out then.  Maybe it's the card, I don't know yet.  It's a Class 4 16GB Patriot.  Seems to work fine in every other way, except this particular issue.  Weird.  Will test it with another card.

Jul 17, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #296 of 480
Just bought a hifiman from a member who bought it new in may in downloaded the headfi sampler from hdtracks 24/96 it sounds awesome but it seems to randomly lock up sometimes the track will start skipping and then you can't pause it or stop the song or advance it's just locked the only way to fix it is to eject the card which is a pny optima 16 gb is this a normal issue it came with .15 firmware and I just upgraded to .19 but it didn't fix the problem it seems to work if you don't try and pause or advance but I can't replicate it every time. Also how can I buy the 2 year warranty.

Jul 18, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #297 of 480

Quote:
Cool, thanks.  I have to figure it out then.  Maybe it's the card, I don't know yet.  It's a Class 4 16GB Patriot.  Seems to work fine in every other way, except this particular issue.  Weird.  Will test it with another card.

I'll be darned, it was the stupid card.  Tested it with a newly formatted 4GB SanDisk and worked the way it was supposed to work.  I have now reformatted the old 16GB card and reloading the content, hoping it'll still after that.  Thanks for the suggestions.

Jul 19, 2010 at 5:04 AM Post #298 of 480
Update on my previous issue: I now have found a way to repeat my issue with the player pausing, while I put it into my pocket even though they keyboard lock is on. It actually happens when the 5 buttons next to the main screen are pushed in fast succession. I now start to wonder whether this actually is a hardware issue rather then a software one? Does anyone experience this problem as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back