Hifiman HM-801 help
Apr 3, 2011 at 5:39 PM Post #62 of 68
I have never tried it, so I can't say it a bad sounding player as I'm looking SQ.  Sflo2 for example, I can put up with it because of its SQ.  Just curious how the SQ is like on the 801. I'm afraid of putting down the money, and end up regretting it.  Thats all.  If it was being sold from Amazon, I can get my refund without paying $$ for shipping back to China.

Quote:
So why didn't you like it high Q?...

Apr 4, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #63 of 68
sorry i misread your post, i see now!
yes, it's a bit of a risk, all i can say is i think it sounds amazing.
When it broke, i tried so hard not to like it, but i found myself really missing the sound.
It has a sort of airiness and space that i haven't heard on other players.

Apr 9, 2011 at 3:30 AM Post #66 of 68
You can also order the HM-801 from Headroom, who are based in the US (Montana) and are authorized dealers.

As for the GAME amp card, I think it's a good purchase if you listen to the HM-801 with sensitive IEMs, especially customs.  The standard amp card has too high gain for my customs, and the GAME card gives me some more wiggle room at low volumes without channel imbalance.  I don't think the GAME card sounds as good with full-size cans like my Edition 8 as the standard v.2 card though.

May 17, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #68 of 68
Here are the details of a guy/company we have used to repair a completely defunct ITALIAN PCB!!!!

The service and repair and timescales were excellent and NOTHING was too much trouble - 6 months on the PCB is working perfectly!

[size=10pt]John[/size]
[size=10pt]Greasley Electronics Ltd[/size]
[size=10pt]The Springboard Centre[/size]
[size=10pt]Mantle Lane[/size]
[size=10pt]Coalville[/size]
[size=10pt]Leicestershire[/size]
[size=10pt]LE67 3DW[/size]

khushy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back