HiFiMAN HM-801: Desktop-Class Digital Sound, To Go
Oct 28, 2010 at 1:47 AM Post #61 of 85

I just did my first a/b test on my portable dacs, the HM-801 and the Headamp Pico for the first time out of my macbook pro because one was sounding flat to me.  When i did the check it was very apparent which one was superior by a longshot.  Wanna guess which.
wink_face.gif

Uh, the one that's big enough to use as a makeshift weapon in the event of a home invasion? Haha! I just got a HM-602 and it's bigger than it looks in pictures, so I'm only assuming...
wink.gif

Nov 29, 2010 at 12:27 PM Post #64 of 85
I recently bought the HiFi Man  HM-801,with the Game Ampli Card.,and i´m really Atonished with the Sound Quality.Now i´m i try to Connect to my Old Denon 2500 A Preamplifier and don´t know ,w,,
how/where to connect.I have also a DAC Musical Fidelity M1. 
Can somebody tellme how to connect to the Denon DAP 2500A Preamply ? has Digital Connexions and Analogue.
http://www.audio-extasa.eu/popup_add_image.php?imagesID=3173 

Thanks

Nov 29, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #66 of 85
Quote:
I recently bought the HiFi Man  HM-801,with the Game Ampli Card.,and i´m really Atonished with the Sound Quality.Now i´m i try to Connect to my Old Denon 2500 A Preamplifier and don´t know ,w,,
how/where to connect.I have also a DAC Musical Fidelity M1. 
Can somebody tellme how to connect to the Denon DAP 2500A Preamply ? has Digital Connexions and Analogue.
http://www.audio-extasa.eu/popup_add_image.php?imagesID=3173 

Thanks

Do you mean to ask how to connect your 801 to external amp via the line-out?

You will need a 3.5mm mini plug interconnect (IC) plugged into the connection point near to the volume control. DO NOT plug in your headphone directly to this point as this is a line-out point and the volume is MAX and will damage both your headphone and hearing!

You can then connect the other end of the IC to the external amplifier.

Cheers,
Mark

Dec 1, 2010 at 3:25 AM Post #69 of 85
Nice review and really want to get a chance to try it out. Just wondering the 601's sound compare to the 801 and 602.

Dec 7, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #70 of 85
Did you try private messaging Fang (Nankai)?  He's usually responsive, and he takes customer satisfaction very seriously.

Dec 29, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #71 of 85

dallan said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for the review Jude.  I got mine in April or May and it is one of my favorite audio components too.  I have the new standard amp and use it at times with my JH13s and it works well.  I am curious about the Game amp, is it hard to put in?  It looked involved and i knew that i had the changed amp for iems but didn't know it that meant the game was standard now, i guess not.  I usually use the line out to my Pico amp only that i have and only use the internal amp if i am going lite.  Oh well thanks again for the review, I am right there with you on this one.
wink_face.gif

Many thanks to your description! It's quite useful.

Dec 30, 2010 at 10:48 AM Post #72 of 85
I use HM801 with stepdance and LCD2 , it's my best transportable set up so far.
Great player,really great

Jan 6, 2011 at 9:19 AM Post #74 of 85
I've never compared and actually  I can't compare my desktop amps to the stepdance.
It's not fair for the Stepdance,because the Source for my Desktop amp and the RCA-cable are better than HM801 and my Mini-mini.
(Source is CDP Arye CX7 e compared to HM801 and my RCA cable is better than my mini to mini).
It can happen if I have a good Mini to RCA cable,which will be used with the HM801 and then connect to my Home-amp.

I actually adore the Stepdance,but I don't feel that my transportable rig is better than my desktop rig and I don't think the Stepdance is better than my home amp.

someone said in the LCD2 thread,that he/she can't hear much different between rudistor rpx33 and Stepdance,when paired with LCD2,that was a very good thing to hear for the stepdance,but in my case I don't really feel that the stepdance is better than my homeamp.

( I used to own Darkvoice DV336 se,EF5,Auditor,Burson HA160 ,but I had sold them before I got the LCD2 and the Stepdance so can't talk much about them )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back