HiFiMan High-End Series Owners' Club (Enter with the Google Docs form!)
Feb 9, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #106 of 673
I will post some pics I promiss .

Al

Feb 9, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #107 of 673
Here is a new amp and looking suitable for task at hand. And most likely many other cans as well. .

http://www.stereophile.com/content/benchmark-debuts-high-dynamic-range-amplifier

Al

Feb 9, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #108 of 673
  OT:  In green Montblanc is one of my favourite inks.  Can't say the same four their pens though, much overrated/priced.  If you're looking for a nice pen to sign that next hifi check I can recommend either Nakaya, gorgeous urushi-finish or (bit less but still good), Sailor, both Japanese.

Agreed, but when buying a highend pen like that, we buy them for the status symbol and Mont Blanc has always carried that. That being said I will def check out your suggestions. Thanks!

It's a Woo Audio stand, and yes, it comes in black.  I got mine used, but they're still available new.  Check here:
http://wooaudio.com/products/wahps2.html

It's quite heavy and has adjustable height, and the part where the headband rests is gently sloped so it's easy on the headband.  I like it a lot.

Oops, saw someone else already answered this.  Anyway, it's a nice stand.

Yep, figured that out thanks! Placed an order for the black single headphone version last night. $80 shipped was a lot more than I wanted to spend but I had been looking for a while and found nothing that even came close to what I wanted. That was the first I had come across.

Feb 9, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #109 of 673
I think that my ears need more linearity, sure I'm +40 so you could think my ears need that treble.
But i gett tired faster and faster the more I use them.
And second my music preferences has changed a bit since I bought my HE-400
What was it about the HE-4 that made it better for you than the HE-400 or 500? Haven't read to much about the older line personally.

Thanks,

:evil:

Feb 9, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #110 of 673
I have HE 400 paired with Audio GD 11.32.

Feb 9, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #111 of 673
ADD ME!

HE-500 and HE-5LE

A crappy pic taken with my iphone in my dimly lit room:

On the picture you see my he-5le in the foreground, he-500 behind it to the right. Behind that is my MF x-can v8p hybrid tupe amp. My DAC is seen to the left behind the ps3, and behind that is my 'beautiful' stax sigma on top of my stax t1 amp.
It's a mess of connections, and equipment really..

Feb 9, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #112 of 673
What chair is that?  It looks real comfortable.

It's an Ekornes Stressless (Sunrise model). It's very comfortable. Fortunately I have an Ekornes dealer near me and I was able to sit in all of the models. They are definitely not a one chair fits all kind of chair. The first model that I brought home killed my lower back after extended use, which helped me know what to look for when I went in to exchange the chair... They make a lot of models in various sizes that fit a wide variety of body types and sizes.

Feb 9, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #114 of 673
  Here's my HE-400, running them from my computer through an Ifi DAC to my Project Ember from Garage 1217.
The 6dj8 bugle boys smooths them out so you don't have to use EQ,
I'm  about to upgrade but can't decide if i should wait for the 400i or go for the HE-500?

lol i am wondering the same thing. i saw the he-500 at $530ish which is a pretty sick deal.

edit: lol just wondering what is the point of having everyone's names filed? i feel like there are probably hundreds of hifiman owners & people upgrade/sell headphones every day... hahah good luck w/ keepin everything updated

Feb 9, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #115 of 673
Attention

I switched to a google docs sheet for the owners' form. I have added a few of the entries on my own. If you see yours isn't there, please add fill out the form. You MUST have picture proof.

Feb 9, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #116 of 673
An xcell form this is crazy.
Lol
Al

Feb 9, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #117 of 673
I've added all members to the new spreadsheet. If you aren't on there, add yourself with the form in the OP. If something is incorrect, please tag me in a post. I'll delete the old entry and you can make a new entry.

An xcell form this is crazy.
Lol
Al

huh?

Feb 9, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #119 of 673
No problem!

I'm gonna email HiFiMan and tell them about this thread, see if they have any input, any resources, etc.

You guys have anything you want me to ask them?

Feb 9, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #120 of 673
Add me

Quote:
I've added all members to the new spreadsheet. If you aren't on there, add yourself with the form in the OP. If something is incorrect, please tag me in a post. I'll delete the old entry and you can make a new entry.

How to tag someone in a post? 

Anyways I'd like to make a new entry. Like this:

HE-500 - Pleather with damping holes, UPOCC silver cable, 26AWG 1% gold - Danish Audio Design DAC 05 - Musical Fidelity X-Can V8P / Emotiva Mini-X

HE-5LE - Danish Audio Design DAC 05 - Musical Fidelity X-Can V8P / Emotiva Mini-X

Users who are viewing this thread

Back