HiFiMan High-End Series Owners' Club (Enter with the Google Docs form!)
Feb 9, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #91 of 673
  Hey! Whatcha goin with that Mont Blanc ink there?

OT:  In green Montblanc is one of my favourite inks.  Can't say the same four their pens though, much overrated/priced.  If you're looking for a nice pen to sign that next hifi check I can recommend either Nakaya, gorgeous urushi-finish or (bit less but still good), Sailor, both Japanese.

Feb 9, 2014 at 1:37 AM Post #92 of 673
  What stand is that and does it come in black?

It's a Woo Audio stand, and yes, it comes in black.  I got mine used, but they're still available new.  Check here:
http://wooaudio.com/products/wahps2.html

It's quite heavy and has adjustable height, and the part where the headband rests is gently sloped so it's easy on the headband.  I like it a lot.

Oops, saw someone else already answered this.  Anyway, it's a nice stand.

Feb 9, 2014 at 1:53 AM Post #93 of 673
ADD ME

Here's my HE-500 w/ Norse Audio Skuld 2 cable.  (Kind of redundant that it's also my avatar.)  It's powered by an Audio-gd NFB-6 and sourced from an Audiolab 8200 CD player.  For me it's end game.

Feb 9, 2014 at 2:35 AM Post #94 of 673
You must use the format in the OP if you want to be added
This club will be way too hard to maintain if I can't streamline the process of adding new members. In order for me to keep up with the club I have to make it a bit easier for myself. If I have to read every post, look up which model headphone it is, make sure you aren't already in the club, copy your name, format a link to your post, for each person, it will take me 2-3 minutes per entry. And at this rate that's at least a half an hour a day.

I am looking into a Google Docs sheet.

How to join
Post a picture of your cans, the model, the revision (if applicable) and put "Add me" in bold at the top of the post. If you leave out "add me" it will be missed.

Feb 9, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #95 of 673
ADD ME

Here's my HE-400, running them from my computer through an Ifi DAC to my Project Ember from Garage 1217.
The 6dj8 bugle boys smooths them out so you don't have to use EQ,
I'm  about to upgrade but can't decide if i should wait for the 400i or go for the HE-500?

Feb 9, 2014 at 6:33 AM Post #96 of 673
  ADD ME

Here's my HE-400, running them from my computer through an Ifi DAC to my Project Ember from Garage 1217.
The 6dj8 bugle boys smooths them out so you don't have to use EQ,
I'm  about to upgrade but can't decide if i should wait for the 400i or go for the HE-500?

I'd wait...

Feb 9, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #97 of 673
+1, wait for the new models to come out and hear what people say about them or audition them for yourself.  If you were lusting after the 6 then I'd say purchase it now because given the pricing info I've heard, none of the new phones will be a flagship sinker.

Feb 9, 2014 at 8:02 AM Post #98 of 673
Add Me

HE-4 owner here. No longer have the Emotiva, working with Project Ember now. As a suggestion, maybe it will be easier to put all the club members in one location instead of under each headphone they own (people swap headphones quite a bit). I for one had to go through the HE-400 and HE-500 before I knew the HE-4 was for me.

Feb 9, 2014 at 8:28 AM Post #99 of 673
Does the Ember manage to drive the HE-4?
I was looking at them before I bought the HE-400, only problem is that we only have one reseller in Sweden and the shop is 4 hours driving away.
After reading all treads about He-400,500 and He-4 I think that that they will suit me.
Sorry about OT.

Feb 9, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #100 of 673
I was looking at them before I bought the HE-400, only problem is that we only have one reseller in Sweden and the shop is 4 hours driving away.
After reading all treads about He-400,500 and He-4 I think that that they will suit me.
Sorry about OT.

Easily
smily_headphones1.gif
. If you go a few pages back, you'll see an HE-6 owner that uses Ember (and I've read other HE-6 users love it as well).

Feb 9, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #101 of 673
Ok ok ok. I am subbed. Do we have to show pics to be in the club ? As proof of ownership. Lol.

Al

Feb 9, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #102 of 673
wow u are having FUN!
i love my DV336se...just cant find the coffeetablespace to park a 337. sighhhhhh

Yes thats true..u need lots of space for the 337.. And its heavy! :D

Feb 9, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #103 of 673
Ok ok ok. I am subbed. Do we have to show pics to be in the club ? As proof of ownership. Lol.

Al

Pics is mandatory, this way others get to see those goodies

Feb 9, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #105 of 673
Sorry about OT.

What was it about the HE-4 that made it better for you than the HE-400 or 500? Haven't read to much about the older line personally.

Thanks,

:evil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back