HiFiMan High-End Series Owners' Club (Enter with the Google Docs form!)
May 15, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #632 of 673
Would be interested to see how these compare... I own a pair of 5LE now.

May 15, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #633 of 673
Would be interested to see how these compare... I own a pair of 5LE now.

well you in the US want to send me your pair? We can Spilt Postage, I'm a little reluctant to send my HE 4 away, as I just got it back after it's been away for a month or so. Oh yea it's back with the wood cups on <3 looks great and Briant did a great job on my cable as well! 

May 15, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #634 of 673
  well you in the US want to send me your pair? We can Spilt Postage, I'm a little reluctant to send my HE 4 away, as I just got it back after it's been away for a month or so. Oh yea it's back with the wood cups on <3 looks great and Briant did a great job on my cable as well! 

Would love to but won't be able until at least a week later... I'm traveling right now. 
I have only taken off the silk screen behind the grill. Sadly I used those screen silk for making DIY ear pads so strictly speaking it's not reversible. But it looks like we won't be comparing stock configuration anyway, assuming that the wood cups affect their sound. (You did not convert them into closed back, did you?)

May 15, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #635 of 673
  Would love to but won't be able until at least a week later... I'm traveling right now. 
I have only taken off the silk screen behind the grill. Sadly I used those screen silk for making DIY ear pads so strictly speaking it's not reversible. But it looks like we won't be comparing stock configuration anyway, assuming that the wood cups affect their sound. (You did not convert them into closed back, did you?)

Oh no,  mine are still open back

Yes the headband is hideous 

May 16, 2014 at 5:05 AM Post #636 of 673
Oh no,  mine are still open back

Yes the headband is hideous 

You could use a pair of these:
http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/spare-parts/ohrmuschelsatz-33.html

May 16, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #637 of 673
You could use a pair of these:
http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/spare-parts/ohrmuschelsatz-33.html

Oh noes. I like the white pads, looks nicer again'st that brown imo! 

May 16, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #638 of 673
Oh noes. I like the white pads, looks nicer again'st that brown imo! 
Those pads are silver/grey. I know you have the pads but I do not get how you can see them as white. They are the beyerdynamic pads right?

May 17, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #639 of 673
Those pads are silver/grey. I know you have the pads but I do not get how you can see them as white. They are the beyerdynamic pads right?

SIlvery Greay what ever, lol I think they look good

May 17, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #640 of 673
I used black Beyer velour pads on my 5LE, it's more comfortable than Jergpads, only sounds a little bit light in upper mids region.

Jul 26, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #645 of 673
  Greetings from a fellow 5LE Rev 1 owner~

beerchug.gif

Cheers!

Btw, is your 5LE rubber coat become sticky?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back