HIFIMAN HE6se Loaner tour
May 8, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #91 of 163
Thank you hifiman for the opportunity to audition this legend on my own time and on my own gear, just got the package. Thankfully the WA5 should be just the amp to get the best out of them. This will be a fun weekend.

May 8, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #92 of 163
Thank you hifiman for the opportunity to audition this legend on my own time and on my own gear, just got the package. Thankfully the WA5 should be just the amp to get the best out of them. This will be a fun weekend.
Are you going to run it off the speaker taps of the WA-5? Usually for hp amps I think of pure tube as being better for high impedance like HD 800 and T1

May 14, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #93 of 163
I would like to participate in the tour- I am located at zip code 83202 in US.

I'm a huge fan of hifiman- have owned the he1k v1 and 2, Ananda, he 500, he-6, heXv2, and currently own the he-400 and he-560. also own an hd800 to compare, let me know if theres space on the tour. Thank you!

May 15, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #94 of 163
I would like to thank Hifiman for the chance to audition the HE6SE with my own gear on the loaner tour.
I have always been a Fan of Fangs creations,& currently own the Susvara,HE500 Hardwired with wire world eclipse 6 And the original Jade. I have owned the origional HE6 (but sold it & regret it because I didn't have a amp powerful enough at the time for them
Also have owned the HEK1000 V1 &V2 .
System I am currently using source, Emmlabs CDSD transport feeding a lampozator big seven GEN 4. Hegel p30 preamp feeding either
a Hegel H20 250 watt amp,currently using a Pass Labs XA25 class A amp
Also with sources I have used My Eddie Current Studio with the High fidelity Helix Headphone module.
On the power amps I have H20,Xa25 I am using a Stephan audio equinox K1000 cable hooked up to speaker terminals direct no resistor box(not needed) on the studio /.HF headphone module 1/4 plug cable was used.
I used the stock cable that came with the HE6se as I didn',t have any cables with the 3.5 connectors.,I bought some adapters 2.5to 3.5
to try my other cables but couldn't use them on the HE6se due to the counter sunk connectors ,the adapters where to big.

I like the new headband setup more so then the original one that comes with the HE500 & HE6,More even weight distribution.The HE6se does have a little to much clamping force ,coming from The Susvara ,but I can live with it.

The He6SE really excels with a quality amp that can power it,listening with any one of the amps I have it really shows the impact & dynamics of the HE6se ,It is a hard hitting headphone drums kicks are explosive Bass notes are well defined
Vocals are really done well,as well as hall space in a small venue,you can appreciate live recordings when the audience
Claps.

The Pass labs XA25(25 watt Class A) is a perfect match for the HE6se right off the speaker terminals but you would need a preamp to control the volume..
The He6se is avery capable headphone when powered correctly,which it does need quality power to get the best of what it can do.
I enjoyed my time with it,
AS soon as I get the next person in line info I will ship it out,I really enjoyed my time with it.

May 21, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #96 of 163
@TeamHiFiMAN

I would like to participate in the tour- I am located at zip code 83202 in US.

I'm a huge fan of hifiman- have owned the he1k v1 and 2, Ananda, he 500, he-6, heXv2, and currently own the he-400 and he-560, senn hd820 and ananda. also own an hd800 to compare, let me know if theres space on the tour. Thank you!

May 28, 2019 at 1:50 AM Post #97 of 163
Reminder bump, anyone in Australia looking to take part? (please speak if your name is already posted and I in my jet lagged and have a cold state have failed to spot you)

@Brooko any interest? They're heading my way shortly, and while they are in this part of the world.....

May 28, 2019 at 6:28 AM Post #98 of 163
Depends on when Rob. I'd love to hear them - but I am snowed with work. BTW - Ananda are ready. Are you next on list?

May 28, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #99 of 163
Just received the HE6-SE loaner this morning and have been listening to it at work through my GLMK2 and wanted to provide some initial impressions.

The presentation box is very nice...it stores and displays the headphones and cable nicely.

The headphones themselves are easily recognizable as Hifiman utilizing the standard headband structure and gimballs. They are quite comfortable with nice soft velour hybrid earpads and flexible support strap. These loaners are showing a bit of wear on the headband extension, both in the track and at the base where they rub on the slide housing. The earphone cups and pads are in great shape and feel solid and sturdy. The cable is a bit strange, although it is totally non-microphonic in my quick listenin. The cable is a rubberized tub that houses the individual wires, the texture feels a bit strange and it tangles easily and feels like it is somewhat delicate as compared to the robust headphones.

As to how they sound...

FYI...Been using HD660s and CA Cascades for general and travel listening, respectively.

The planar bass is really nice coming from the HD660s. The sound of the HE6SE is immediately fuller and more enveloping with a much better low end. They sound great with electronic music and alternative so far. Really enjoying them so far.

That is all for sound now...but I will update in a week or so, hopefully I will have my Auteurs by then for a direct comparison.

Keith

May 28, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #100 of 163
Depends on when Rob. I'd love to hear them - but I am snowed with work. BTW - Ananda are ready. Are you next on list?

Probably a couple of weeks, given the guy above had just received them and I'm next.

Feel free to fire the Ananda my way any time. Happy to send anything of mine in return, although to be honest you already own much of it!

May 28, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #101 of 163
Am i the only one thinking that a lot of comments on this thread are coming from setups where there isn’t enough power to do the he6se justice?

Though the comments/reviews are appreciated

(Just askin’)

May 29, 2019 at 3:21 AM Post #102 of 163
Or far from ideal synergy? Honestly I was super happy with how the HE6se sounded on the WA5 and Stellaris, technically can't really fault them and I forgot how good proper planar bass is compared to any dynamic can. In the end I'm a dynamics guy and need the emotion planars seem to lack for some reason.

May 29, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #103 of 163
Hello all,
Now wading in to the HE6SE thread, as mine arrived yesterday and I collected them this morning. By God they look beautiful! Quite a departure from the HE6 in the presentation of these things cosmetically, irrespective of what , if any, changes there have been under the hood. It looks as if someone has been listening to those of us still loyal to the HE6 and it's great great sound, especially when used with speaker amps. Some extra pads to try out have been included to. Looking forward to this

Jun 5, 2019 at 4:38 AM Post #104 of 163
Hi, I´d like to participate. I´m in Europe/Switzerland/Zurich. My living room setup runs on AudioGD Master11 and the HEK2e. My desktop setup connects either the HE560 or an Oppo PM-2 to various DACs and I´d love to audition the HE6se in both setups. I lent a V1 from a friend for a week some time ago and as much as I loved the sound, I found them not very convenient somehow. The new headband should resolve this, I guess.

Jun 5, 2019 at 5:38 AM Post #105 of 163

I agree with Mark, some will find the signature of the HE6SE to be too attention seeking, in other words, fatiguing. Careful attention to source material and just the right type of power and you can resolve this. I have done a live recording here of an analogue system which has been put through the speaker taps of a First Watt F6 Power Amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back