HIFIMAN HE6se Loaner tour
Apr 9, 2019 at 11:23 PM Post #61 of 163
Almost done, I’ve had to do some traveling back and forth to Nashville, it appears I’ll be having a small procedure next month.
All the best with your health

And thanks for the reply

Apr 11, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #62 of 163
Sadly, I've only a few days left with the HE6. May I request the contact info (in PM of course) for the next in line so I may have it ready? Thank you.

Apr 12, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #63 of 163
Almost done, I’ve had to do some traveling back and forth to Nashville, it appears I’ll be having a small procedure next month.

Best of luck to you, it has always been my contention that there is no such thing as a small procedure if you are one it is being done to.

Apr 12, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #64 of 163
I'm in Annapolis, MD right now, I'm interested because I always like the HE560, but afraid of quality issue. Also after the recent disappointment of Mrspeakers product (from my POV) I want to venture out. I do want to note I am more interested in the arya however HE6SE also go me intrigued.

Apr 14, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #66 of 163
I'm still looking for that end game headphone and have heard and read many great things about this hifiman he6SE. So I would really like to give it a whirl. I live in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.

Apr 14, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #67 of 163
I really wanted to give the HE6se a listening while at Axpona but they did not bring them to the event. :frowning2:

I went back today and low and behold they had a pair. It did not seem to be popular request. I still enjoyed getting a chance to listen to it even with the very limited music selection. I will say, the default cable looks really cheap but it looks like the one on the HE1000se.

Apr 15, 2019 at 12:39 AM Post #68 of 163
No Australia / New Zealand tour : (

I'd be happy to help coordinate one, it's a less expensive shipping cost to get here too!
Fyi: addicted to audio ins Sydney received one last week that I was able to demo straight out if the box - in case you wanted to hear the he6se

Apr 15, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #69 of 163
How late am I to this party? If not too late, please PM me and add me to the list, location: New York City.

I want to compare its characteristics to the Susvara, driven off a couple speaker amps (see my sig).

Apr 15, 2019 at 7:23 PM Post #70 of 163
(I did also post this in the he6 thread) For those that have tried the he6se i am wondering:

Has anyone found the vocals to be forward?

I demoed.a pair that was literally straight out the box. Using my solid state cayin. 7w at 32 ohm

Everything was great except that the vocals specifically were forward. Perhaps shouty might be the term.

Has anybody found this?

I did find the upper range of the ananda forward when i first bought it but after a couple of weeks there was no issue for me. However the he6se vocals were more in my face than that

TIA

Apr 16, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #71 of 163
Hi All, first I want to thank HiFiMan for generously sponsoring the tour of the HE6se and providing an opportunity to experience them in my system.

My System: Hugo2/Vinshine Reference R2R DACs>Woo WA5/Liquid Spark >ZMF Vérité/Aeolus, MrSpeakers Ether2, HifiMan HE6se

False Start: I began my evaluation using the same 1/4” connection that I was using with the E2 and ZMFs, the HE6se sounded good, but not great. Decent bass, but the treble was a bit hollow and bright. Being a bit slow, bless my heart, as they’d say here in Kentucky, I realized I had the high out put XLR Connection that I hadn’t tried.

Ah Much Better: Just like the it’s predecessor, the HE6se require the greater output to come into their own. The body was now full and voluptuous, the bass, powerful and hard hitting, now I was ready for comparisons.

Ether 2: The natural first stop, the E2 and HE6se are more similar than dissimilar, save at frequency extremes. The bass digs a bit deeper on the HE6se, this was true with electric bass, Nirvana, The Who, or the organ on Munch’s Version of Saint-Saëns, Symphony No. 3 “Organ,” and the power of the tympani on Bernstein’s Stravinsky “Le Sacre du Prentemps” (like rolling thunder on the HE6se). To be honest, I found the E2 to be a bit too polite, similar in intonation to the ZMF Cans, but not quite there, bass similar to the HE6se, but again not quite there.

ZMF Verite & Aeolus: I absolutely love both of the ZMF Cans, they truly excel in intonation, the Aeolus being a bit richer an darker (in a good way, think of great Turkish Coffee), and the Vérité in being very close Utopia in dynamics, micro and macro, but doing so with excellent tone, timbre accuracy, with an expansive soundstage.

So how does the HE6se fit with the aforesaid ZMF Cans, planar bass and slam in spades, neither of the Dynamics can match a properly driven HifiMan! The HE6se provides a good stage and timber, but oh that planar bass. The HE6se, when properly driven, offers incredible power in bass and dynamics. If I primarily listened to rock, electronica, or metal, I could easily live with the HE6se as my only headphone.

Conclusion: The HE6se is a bassheads dream headphone, when driven well its slam is some of the best I’ve heard. If you’re primarily into metal or hard driving rock, these may be the headphones for you. In my case, I’m strongly considering picking up a pair for just those genre, recommended, please feel free to PM if you have any specific questions.

PS. The clamping force is a tight, those with big noggins may want to contact HifiMan to see if they have any recommendations on how to expand and loosen the grip of the HE6se.

Apr 18, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #72 of 163
I received the He6se loaner last night.build quality has improved from the origional HE6 I like the new headband makes the headphone more comfortable
The case & packaging is more upscale Hifiman has picked up its game on the HE6s
I only listened for about a hour so sound impressions will come later,but so far I like them.

Apr 20, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #74 of 163
I just received a shipping notice from HiFiMAN so they may be here early next week and I can post my initial impression. :)

They have arrived.

The first picture is a comparison to my current HE6. I had added the leather headband and converted them from the mini coaxial to the Audeze connector via a pigtail. In between the two is a pair if Norne Audio adapters for the Audeze connector to the mono plugs of the HE6se. I plan to use the same cable to compare them. The cable is an early @Wywires Platinum.

IMG_20190420_101540.jpg IMG_20190420_101453.jpg IMG_20190420_100228.jpg IMG_20190420_100612.jpg IMG_20190420_100321.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back