HIFIMAN HE6se Loaner tour
Mar 15, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #16 of 163
I would like to try the HE-6SE please,
Toronto, Canada

I want to Know how it compares to the Original HE-6

Mar 15, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #17 of 163
I am in the Bay Area, CA USA and interested in participating in the tour.

I am a big planar magnetic fan and have previously owned several HIFIMAN models (400i, 560 v1, HEX v1, HEK v1 and HEK v2). I’ve also owned several Audeze models (LCD2C, LCDX, LCD3, LCD4 and extended MX4 audition). I’ve also owned the MrSpeakers Ether C Flow.

As a basshead, I've heard a lot about the old HE6 and always wanted to be able to hear it. I'm also curious to see if the Massdrop x THX AAA 789 has enough power to properly drive it.

Mar 15, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #18 of 163
United Kingdom, Hampshire.

I'd be interested to hear the HE6se on my own setup and do a proper comparisons against what I consider my end game, only heard the original once and was quite impressed. Will be using DNA Stellaris and WA5 so proper tube amps. I had LCD-3/4,HEK and Abyss, currently on HD580/HD650/HD800/K1000.

Mar 15, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #19 of 163
I would like to take part. The HE560 I own are one of my favorite pairs of headphones, and I'd like to make a comparison with that, as well as my LCD2, T1, and GS2000e. Would be trying it on 3 different amps. Lyr2 for single ended, Jotunheim for balanced, and a Vidar speaker amp (with Saga preamp) if the other two don't have enough power.
I am in Minneapolis, MN, USA

Mar 15, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #20 of 163
Ah the he6se eh? this is something i would really like to try out and I have just the power amp for it too!

I'm in McAllen, Texas United States. Ive been around here since 2011 and always been curious about the he6. I would love to finally hear it!

Mar 15, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #21 of 163
Hi, I would love to try this out as I have the original HE-6 with me right now. It would be great to
try different pads out on both such as the focuspad, palipad, etc. and also different amplifiers and do a little comparison.
I'm located in San Francisco, California United States.

Mar 15, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #23 of 163
Hi,

I'd be interested in the HE6SE a lot. Currently I own and love the HE-5LE, HE-500 and the HE-4. Never owned the HE-6 but listened to a modded one. Would love to see how the HE-6SE does in my system.

Mar 15, 2019 at 11:47 PM Post #24 of 163
Here at HIFIMAN we want to try to give back to the community and it is with this goal in mind that are initiating a series of Loaner Tours. We want to put select products in the hands of those members of the community to experience HIFIMAN gear in the forum that matters most and thus is the most important headphone community.

The second in our loaner tour series is the HE6se. Yes, the successor to the original HE6, the crazy power-hungry headphone that fans still rave about. It is back, driver unchanged but with new cups, new 3.5mm socket connectors and a new, much more comfortable Hybrid Headband on it. So power hungry is the HE6se that it ships with an HE adapter to facilitate using a speaker amp and giving you a fully balanced output.

Interested? If so, please note that at the moment, the program is operating exclusively in North America and Europe. In the space below, please confirm that you want to borrow the system and fill your city and country (we will PM you for your full details.) Then in a line or two say why you would like to take part. Also, we ask that you commit to posting your first impressions of the Jade II when it arrives, with a more detailed assessment after you had a couple weeks to spend some quality time listening to your favorite music.

T&C’s To take part you must be located in Europe or North America. We will select who takes part and in what order, we will inform prospective participants once they are next in line. This is to confirm they are available and allow us to ensure smooth handovers. Participants must also provide us with a photo of the item just before they pass it onward so that we can confirm its good condition when it left them. The duration of the loan will be two weeks from once it gets to your home. We will provide you with a shipping label if possible (in countries where we cannot you will be required to post to the next participant with tracked shipping, we can refund the shipping cost for which we will require the receipt as evidence.)
No Australia / New Zealand tour : (

I'd be happy to help coordinate one, it's a less expensive shipping cost to get here too!

Mar 16, 2019 at 12:54 AM Post #25 of 163
I'd be very interested in loaning the HE6se. I live in Philadelphia, in the USA.

The HE-560 were one of the first "real" headphones I owned, and I have been curious to get well acquainted with the HE-6 sound for a while. I've had quality time with many other HiFiMAN sets over the years, but I have only heard the HE6se at loud shows, and haven't had time to hear what they are capable of. I enjoy reviewing headphones, and it's been a few months since my last review. I would be happy to share impressions of the HE6se. I'm especially curious to hear how they scale with amplification!

Mar 16, 2019 at 1:13 AM Post #26 of 163
No Australia / New Zealand tour : (

I'd be happy to help coordinate one, it's a less expensive shipping cost to get here too!
Absolutely!!

as you know @TeamHiFiMAN i'd be all in for that so I could compare it with the he1000 series

if there's other Kiwis or Aussies here let's get this squeaky wheel oiled :)

ps best wishes to all Christchurch and New Zealanders out there at this time of tragedy (to say the least)
peter

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #28 of 163
Hi @mark2410 and all the rest of you great HiFiMen and women
I am Trev, veteran(?) Of many shows and many hifiman products, inc the magical massdrop iem, which I custom reshelled, the HE6 which @dill3000 and myself have modded and poked and prodded to within an inch of it's long and happy life.
Anyway, this is me. I am what I am.
Trev
England
Newton Abbot
HE6SE- let's meet

Mar 16, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #29 of 163
I have already applied for the Jade II tour, but I am also very interested in the HE-6.

HE-6 is a legend and I'd love to hear it. I think I have got a good enough gear to drive them. (Chord Qutest + Questyle CMA600i)

I'd compare the HE6 to my HEXV2 and LCD2C.

I'd love to participate in both the Jade II tour and this, but I try to enter at least one of these tours.
Location is still Salisbury, United Kingdom.

Mar 16, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #30 of 163
I’d love to participate in the tour, I’m based in Lexington, KY, they be driven by the Woo WA5 and Vinshine Reference R2R DAC/Hugo 2, while being compaired to the Utopia, Abyss 1266, ZMF Autuer, and Vérité.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back