HifiMan HE6 V2 Adorama
Nov 23, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #286 of 2,647
Has anyone tried one of those Sundara-like headbands?
https://aliexpress.com/item/1005003296916120.html

H2d33d26d1c6948b08d2ab61aba7ae47bz.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg_.webp

Nov 23, 2021 at 9:45 PM Post #288 of 2,647
I have started to second guess if my pair of HE6se V2 was bad batch or faulty, soundstage was small and dynamics flat as heck unless blasting 80 decibels or so volume , tested with plenty of amplifiers ranging from 2 to 10 wats but no remedy.
Okay, I played the new pair of HE6se V2 on a JDS Labs Atom for four hours last night. I came home from work today excited to see if the sound had improved. And, maybe it has??? I don't know ??? But, the bad news is that my old pair of HE6se V2 sounds amazing compared to this new pair! I am going to put it through some additional burn time on my Questyle CMA Twelve to get it some proper current flowing through it. If it does not improve, then HifiMan might be constructing HE6se V2 with varying degrees of quality and loose tolerances, which would be not cool for it's customers. I will let you guys know after I have determined my conclusion.

Nov 23, 2021 at 10:15 PM Post #289 of 2,647
IMG_1883.jpg

Burning in next to older brother.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #290 of 2,647
I'm eager to hear your findings. If I'm honest, hearing that Hifiman's extremely wide sample variance also extends to the HE6se would be the least surprising thing I'll have heard this month.

Nov 24, 2021 at 7:30 AM Post #292 of 2,647
All this talk of unit variance is giving me bigtime FUD vibes. Do I have a good pair? a bad pair? something in between? I'm tempted to buy another set just for the purposes of comparing and keeping the better of the two. I will say that I love the impact and dynamics of mine, and the imaging is nearly on the level of my STAX. Soundstage is kind of medium-wide, but that's not something I prize above other characteristics.

But I did always think they were a bit light in the low end (when comparing to others' reviews). I've ameliorated this from day one with EQ and just thought that was their sound signature. Maybe I'm wrong? I've also heard that with proper amplification, they are definitely not bass-light. I've got these on a Ragnarok 2, so there's no way under the sun that I'm not giving them enough power. They definitely sound "harsh" at times, sublime on other occasions.

I could probably hang onto them until Adorama sells out of their stock (I assume that'll happen at some point) and not lose money on the whole deal if I choose to go this route

Nov 24, 2021 at 7:47 AM Post #293 of 2,647
Ok, I just impulse bought another pair to compare to my originals. Ya know... for science and all. I'll be sure to report back my detailed findings.

Nov 24, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #295 of 2,647
The bass on mine is pretty neutral, only a little more elevated than on my Sundara. However, it is far more textured and has more impact and rumble. This is with my Drop balanced THX amp. With my Topping L30 my Sundara sound a bit better. Amplification is key.
With a better amp these Blow away your Sundara's by a large margin.
$599.00 or even $555.00 is a Great sale price! But only if you have the amp for it.

I see so many of these for sale that are almost brand new. These may not a "real" $1,800.00 headphone, but if you don't have a real strong amp it is going to cost you well over $1K (total price for HP's and amp) to get them to sing loud and proud.

Nov 24, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #296 of 2,647
Ok, I just impulse bought another pair to compare to my originals. Ya know... for science and all. I'll be sure to report back my detailed findings.
But what if you are comparing two duds? Oh, the insanity!

Nov 24, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #297 of 2,647
The only way to maximize your chances of getting two new samples from different manufacturing batches is by buying them from two different retailers.

Oh, wait...

Nov 24, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #298 of 2,647
I know we all love to bring news to the site. However this finding is pending although it seems it's rocking people. I don't know if I wish it true or false since the Adorama order sheet for the v2 is filled with my data and ready to go.

I do wish the findings were held until done and not for my order, but for group sang-freud.

Nov 24, 2021 at 6:46 PM Post #299 of 2,647
$599.00 or even $555.00 is a Great sale price! But only if you have the amp for it.

I see so many of these for sale that are almost brand new. These may not a "real" $1,800.00 headphone, but if you don't have a real strong amp it is going to cost you well over $1K (total price for HP's and amp) to get them to sing loud and proud.
They are a good upgrade from Sundara.

Price = HE6se + amp + balanced DAC = $$$

I would not have needed the amp and bal dac if it weren't fore these cans.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #300 of 2,647
Indeed. I got these with sundara at the same time. Sundara was put on sale the next day and I didnt look back.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back