HifiMan HE6 V2 Adorama
Jul 21, 2023 at 8:25 PM Post #2,341 of 2,701
I have really loaded up on headphones the past few months. Between now and Christmas I am going to be moving several sets along. I already have my Schiit Loki up for sale and will probably move a few amps out too.
That’s too bad. I may sell Bee eventually but plan first to try and optimize with pads and EQ to see if its driver really has any benefits over HE500 or HE6se. I dont want to regret selling Bee because seemingly only a handful were ever made.

As to Pali Pads... on the SE v1 I thought they were meh at best.
Stock pads were mostly tolerable. But now I dislike using HE6se in headphone comparisons because its no longer stock so its no longer a common reference.

I got mine under $400
:> me too. Adorama was doing some promotion with Paypal which made the total $390shipped

Jul 21, 2023 at 8:41 PM Post #2,342 of 2,701
That’s too bad. I may sell Bee eventually but plan first to try and optimize with pads and EQ to see if its driver really has any benefits over HE500 or HE6se. I dont want to regret selling Bee because seemingly only a handful were ever made.
I enjoyed them after several hours and will continue through the weekend.
These and the ERA-1's are not likely to dislodge any favourites, at this point.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2023 at 10:12 PM Post #2,343 of 2,701
Stock pads were mostly tolerable. But now I dislike using HE6se in headphone comparisons because its no longer stock so its no longer a common reference.
I have been on the other side of that. If I can make the headphone/speaker/etc. a better listening experience I'm there. That's what got me into room treatments, fuzzor mods, bass resonance damping, and a lot more.

But I'm starting to look into equipment that won't require much of that, so I can have more time to listen, and less time for plotting/executing mods - due to age/waning time.

Jul 22, 2023 at 1:13 AM Post #2,344 of 2,701
I have been on the other side of that. If I can make the headphone/speaker/etc. a better listening experience I'm there. That's what got me into room treatments, fuzzor mods, bass resonance damping, and a lot more.

But I'm starting to look into equipment that won't require much of that, so I can have more time to listen, and less time for plotting/executing mods - due to age/waning time.
Somewhere I read that the difference between music lovers and audiophiles is that music lovers use their gear to listen to music, while audiophiles use music to listen to their gear! :)

Jul 22, 2023 at 8:31 AM Post #2,345 of 2,701
Somewhere I read that the difference between music lovers and audiophiles is that music lovers use their gear to listen to music, while audiophiles use music to listen to their gear! :)
I seek sonic excellence, because once I have it, I can relax into the music. After my downsizing in '16 (99% room speaker past) I thought I'd never get there again, but headphones have offered another path requiring less money. My exposure to the DCA Voce, Raal CA-1a, LCD-4, D9000, HEK v2, Susvara has made me again a bit restive with what I have. Shortly I will get a crack at my friend's new HEK Stealth too.

Jul 22, 2023 at 10:16 AM Post #2,346 of 2,701
I seek sonic excellence, because once I have it, I can relax into the music. After my downsizing in '16 (99% room speaker past) I thought I'd never get there again, but headphones have offered another path requiring less money. My exposure to the DCA Voce, Raal CA-1a, LCD-4, D9000, HEK v2, Susvara has made me again a bit restive with what I have. Shortly I will get a crack at my friend's new HEK Stealth too.
No disagreement, nor was I making anything other than a bit of a joke.

Jul 22, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #2,347 of 2,701
No disagreement, nor was I making anything other than a bit of a joke.
No problem, gave me an excuse to thumbnail my journey through these lands...

Just about everyone here is a mix of the two poles. C'est la vie/guerre....

Jul 30, 2023 at 5:54 PM Post #2,348 of 2,701
Found another of my new favorite pads for these besides the Pali pads - Ibasso SR2 small hole pads.

While I originally thought on the Ibasso SR2 they made those sound more bassy heavy and blunted at the top vs. the other set included on that headphone, that is preciously what I wanted to try on these.

The one thing that bothered me (slightly) on the 6SE was the hot top on occasion. Well, these pads reign that in just right while pushing the mids more forward and bass is enhanced. The sound is overall smoothened out with these pads.

These and the HE-500 are for sure my favorite open backed headphones I've owned, full stop.

I've sold all my other opens other than them and my HD600.

IMG_1433.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #2,349 of 2,701
If you want to enhance bass, beautiful mids, smoother treble - these are the ones here.

Since it tames those highs down, you can push more volume up into them too!

It's the small holed Ibasso SR-2 pads, the larger ones do not do it.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2023 at 10:35 PM Post #2,350 of 2,701
These are the pads guys! If you want these headphones to SLAM, beautiful mids, smoother treble - these are the ones right here.

Transforms them - absolutely awesome. Since it tames those highs down, you can push more volume up into them and damn, these are something else.

You mean Type A instead of Type B according to the options at this link?
https://hifi-passion.de/en/brands/ibasso/1067/ibasso-sr2-headphone-pad?number=0001700.A&c=236

Jul 30, 2023 at 10:44 PM Post #2,351 of 2,701
These are the pads guys! If you want these headphones to SLAM, beautiful mids, smoother treble - these are the ones right here.

Transforms them - absolutely awesome. Since it tames those highs down, you can push more volume up into them and damn, these are something else.

Where did you get them from?

Jul 30, 2023 at 10:44 PM Post #2,352 of 2,701
Yes, type A - if you are going to purchase please let me know. They are absolutely fantastic and I'll be keeping them on the 6SE going forward.

I would love if another would try it!

Jul 30, 2023 at 10:46 PM Post #2,353 of 2,701
Where did you get them from?
I had a pair of SR-2 that I just sold a few days ago but I kept the small hole pads for these.

I used it with a pair of those hifiman rings. A bit of work for sure to get them on but it deff works and well worth the effort.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2023 at 10:49 PM Post #2,354 of 2,701
I had a pair of SR-2 that I just sold a few days ago but I kept the small hole pads because they are incredible on these.

I used it with a pair of those hifiman rings. A bit of work for sure to get them on but it deff works and well worth the effort.
lol no one is going to order a pair of cans just for the pads.

Jul 30, 2023 at 10:50 PM Post #2,355 of 2,701
lol no one is going to order a pair of cans just for the pads.

No, I know that 100% agree - mine was just coincidence. But above @dstarr3 posted a link to them.

I want to try them on my HE-500 too at some point but for those I do really enjoy stock Hifiman donut velour on those.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back