Hifiman HE6-SE
Nov 30, 2020 at 1:27 AM Post #782 of 3,881
HE6se v2 vs 6-screw?
HE6se v2 vs HE6se v1 ,, not the HE6 old versions ,, btw i started a burn-in for the new one , maybe thats what it need .

Nov 30, 2020 at 1:30 AM Post #783 of 3,881
HE6se v2 vs HE6se v1 ,, not the HE6 old versions ,, btw i started a burn-in for the new one , maybe thats what it need .

Have you owned any of the older variations?

Is v2 any more efficient as far as amplification than v1?

If pads, dampening and headband are the only differences from my old 6 screw. I won’t need the se v1 or se v2

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2020 at 3:11 AM Post #784 of 3,881
Just received the HE6se V2 and i can confirm that the driver and and the look inside is exactly like the V1 but it doesnt sound the same ,not sure yet what is the difference maybe unite variation, but i like my V1 more.
This is a little concerning. They should sound somewhat the same. Hopefully burning it will made a difference

Nov 30, 2020 at 5:01 AM Post #785 of 3,881
I used Black Friday to research and shop for my first pair of planar headphones ($500 to $700 range). After lots of reading and shortly after placing an order for an open-box Ananda, I came across the $699 deal for an HE6SE v2... so I did what I had to do, and placed another order :)

From people's experience, which of the following would provide the best listening experience for the HE6SE:
  • Monolith THX 887 [on order] (driven with either 2V or 4V input from DAC) -- and which is the optimal Gain level?
  • Emotiva A-100 (no headphone jack model) -- should I use terminal block or HE Adapter?
  • Emotiva LPA-7 (no other speakers connected) -- should I use terminal block or HE Adapter?
  • None of the above... in which case, what is best recommendation in the $500 or lower range?
FYI, my current headphone is a Sennheiser HD 600 and I primarily listen to classic rock, folk/indie rock, roots, and jazz. I usually listen at moderate volume or, if listening while also working, at low volume; and only occasionally "crank it up" for more longer than a few song.

I am curious if I will prefer the HE6SE's over the Ananda based on my listening preferences. I know the HE6SEs need power to reach their potential and have a fair shot; so looking for your wisdom on which amplification would be best. (Yes, I know the proof will be in my ears... but I am in the midst of moving right now, and some other life areas demand a lot of my attention; so I am limited in the amount of hours I can throw at testing all of the various amp combos before I loose the 30 day return period for the pair I won't be keeping.)

Thanks.

Nov 30, 2020 at 7:56 AM Post #786 of 3,881
This guy should be fired. How can v2 become close back and the only difference to v1 is just a style change. They conflict each other. 😂

That was my first thought exactly haha.. The answers from both paragraphs contradicted each other.

[/QUOTE]
I dont believe they actually know what they have. I have a pair in hand ordered that were open. But yes the cup colors are a bit different and headband was changed vs V1. Except hes saying only the color and headband changed... but the V1 was open, so then what is the answer? They have a great 30 day return policy so just take a dive if you dont trust us and lean on the return policy.

Haha.. Don't worry I am planning on keeping them as part of the HE6 collection as they have different colour cups and headband and also possible sound difference to the v1 reported by some members here.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #788 of 3,881
Quick question for fellow owners - any recommendations for a carrying/storage case? I really love the hardshell case for my Audeze headphones. Anyone use something similar (or different)?

I think you want this. $15.99 plus shipping/tax

Check the measurements, but you may be able to insert the headphone packing inside the cardboard box into this case for better protection.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #789 of 3,881
Screenshot_20201201-082431_Outlook.jpg

Sounds like this guy doesn't know what he is talking about as many members here said it is definitely open back like the v1.

Nov 30, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #790 of 3,881
I think you want this. $15.99 plus shipping/tax
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=12679

Check the measurements, but you may be able to insert the headphone packing inside the cardboard box into this case for better protection.
That looks kind of small, I used the 9L Monoprice hard case (11.0" x 7.9" x 6.7") (+ a satin sheet) to store my HE1000's (see post below).

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hif...namic-headphone.748334/page-676#post-15961376

Here's a photo of the 9L Monoprice hard case (sitting atop of an Audeze hard case [sold in the Audeze store]) as compared other headphone boxes/cases:

20201130_132714.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #791 of 3,881
Does anyone have an actual photo of the v2? Supposedly it's blue but in the photo it kind of looks like the piano gloss color of the OG HE6. The price certainly is tempting, considering getting it if is anything like the original HE6.

Nov 30, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #792 of 3,881
Does anyone have an actual photo of the v2? Supposedly it's blue but in the photo it kind of looks like the piano gloss color of the OG HE6. The price certainly is tempting, considering getting it if is anything like the original HE6.
My HE6se V2's are due in Wednesday. From the photos, the color looks a lot like the original HE6's. I'm just wondering if Hifiman went all the way and went back to the root sound of the original HE6's as well.

Nov 30, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #794 of 3,881
V2 to the left. He6 4screw to the right. He6 4 screw look basically black in person. He6se u can tell is a dark blue.
How does the sound compare?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back