Hifiman HE6-SE
Dec 2, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #812 of 3,902
I will let you know once I will receive my adapter to connect the headphones to my integrated amplifier :wink:
Where did you order the adapter from? I will be honest, I am a bit annoyed to find out that the HE6SE (which I ordered because they included that adapter) no longer include the adapter. I contacted HIFIMAN, and they charge $90 + $30 shipping, increasing the cost of the v2 from $699 to $819.

I'm sorry, but IMHO, charging $120 for a small metal box, a few inches of wires, and a few resistors is insane. I'm a bit turned off right now towards this company... especially after all of the effort they spent telling everyone how wonderful and necessary the free included adapter was in the initial marketing of the HE6SEs. Only to find that when I finally ordered these, the conveniently no longer include it.

Dec 2, 2020 at 12:36 AM Post #814 of 3,902
Just an FYI, after hifiman switched to 3.5mm sockets they've been using the same crappy PJ-301 socket on all their headphones including the $6K Susvara. These socket are literally 10 cents a piece on taobao (cheaper even if you order in bulk), and they are the weakest link in the entire headphone. If you find the socket wiggling, making a loose connection, or sound cutting out, you should do yourself a favor, open up the headphone and replace that garbage socket. Anything above $1 will last you a lifetime.

And just as I typed these down I placed an order for the 6SEV2 :L3000:

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #815 of 3,902
Tried to find how long is the cable in this adorama special but found nothing online. Anyone help?

Dec 2, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #816 of 3,902
Tried to find how long is the cable in this adorama special but found nothing online. Anyone help?
Answering the question myself: it is 2m (6ft)

Dec 2, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #817 of 3,902
I cannot control my hand this morning and ordered the HE6se, after I saw the XLR<->banana plug in the previous pages. Can't wait to test on my Marantz MM7025 (140w per channel).

I also heard that not all stereo amps work well with HE-6, and the power doesn't matter (that much...)

Dec 2, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #818 of 3,902
My HE6se V2's just arrived. Initial impressions are very positive. I also really like the color. They are not as blue as it shows in photo. Somehow the flash really brightened them up. They sound like HE6se V1 from what I recall with a much better fit to my ears. The new headband is big improvement comfort wise. I'm using the FocusPad-A's at the moment. They have been my preference so far on my HE-500's, when I had them, and old HE6se V1's. They give the HE6se's a nice bass boost. They also bring the treble down a notch, while not deviating to far from the base sound more than any other pad I've tried. They are extremely lively in the treble region right out the box. @ksorota you'll be happy to know that the HE6se V2's headband does swivel.

IMG_0636.jpg

Dec 2, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #819 of 3,902
My HE6se V2's just arrived. Initial impressions are very positive. I also really like the color. They are not as blue as it shows in photo. Somehow the flash really brightened them up. They sound like HE6se V1 from what I recall with a much better fit to my ears. The new headband is big improvement comfort wise. I'm using the FocusPad-A's at the moment. They have been my preference so far on my HE-500's, when I had them, and old HE6se V1's. They give the HE6se's a nice bass boost. They also bring the treble down a notch, while not deviating to far from the base sound more than any other pad I've tried. They are extremely lively in the treble region right out the box. @ksorota you'll be happy to know that the HE6se V2's headband does swivel.

What looks like you painted your he6se!!!! Strong flash!

Dec 2, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #820 of 3,902

IMG_0636.jpg

Yes, they are very comfortable. Are stock pads the regular focus pads with perforation inside?

Dec 2, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #821 of 3,902
Yes, they are very comfortable. Are stock pads the regular focus pads with perforation inside?
I think they are the new Pali pads. They are okay but I like the FocusPad A’s more for the extra bass presence and the smoother treble response

Dec 3, 2020 at 12:38 AM Post #823 of 3,902
Dec 3, 2020 at 12:52 AM Post #824 of 3,902

IMG_0636.jpg
We'll pretend you didn't use a flash. Those look very nice.

Where is LFF when there is a revival! :wink:

Dec 3, 2020 at 12:57 AM Post #825 of 3,902
Mine just arrived. Man these cans are hard to drive. This is the only can that I can max out the volume on my Darkvoice.
Yeah, they are even a little bit harder to drive than my Susvara’s. I’m moving the volume knob up a little more to reach a satisfactory sound level. But boy do they sound good out of my modded FA-10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back