= Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 =
Jan 11, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #1,471 of 1,710
  There was definitely some perfume or cologne in my Jergulor packet!

That was advise from me 100%.  Ask Ryan if you don't believe me.  
tongue.gif

Jan 11, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #1,472 of 1,710
OK, got mine installed. Had to use the "chisel" bit of my multitool to pop the clips on. Have not put the sticky tape mod on yet.

Sounds a bit more spaced out than the J$ pads. Improved separation but a bit thinner sounding sources as a result. "What's Going On" by Marvin sounds very airy like a live performance. "Yound Blood" by The Naked and Famous is another good demo track. Great growl from the strings on the bass in Radiohead's "These Are My Twisted Words". Don't know how much of that to attribute to the earpads, although I do feel that the bass floor is lower in general. Despite this, not much improvement for my core hip hop collection...

And now my flatmate just started vaccuuming so that's the end of the impressions for now :p

Jan 12, 2014 at 2:20 AM Post #1,473 of 1,710
Finally got around to completing some Jergpad mods (posted on the first page of this thread) for my HE400's:

I could only be bothered to do the inner and large middle ring of holes.

Didn't do any of the other mods, though of course removed the foam ring.

Been listening for a few minutes now and initially I thought I was missing some sounds. Though further listening revels that the sound is more cohesive so what I thought I was missing is just not as exaggerated as before (with velours).
I'm liking it. Thanks Jerg  
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 12, 2014 at 4:07 AM Post #1,474 of 1,710
@jerg Are you still sticking to the angled jergpads. Any negative remarks on the angled mod now that you've had them for a short while? Those photos seem to suggest you also removed the vents as well?

Cheers
nk88 (modded 2014 version)

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #1,475 of 1,710
Received my pads yesterday. Did the vent mod and fitted them. They are very comfortable but not had a chance to really listen for an extended period.
Considering what the pads cost to buy they are outstanding value, well done Modulor, really appreciate your efforts.

Jan 12, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #1,477 of 1,710
U know..now my code-x is on his way i am really wondering if the modulor pads would even improve it..i for sure will try the grill mod i had on my he500! Just to see if i can make the code-x even better. :D

So modulor..maybe i will order one ..even if its just to see if it improves my new code-x which is in transit to me right now.. :p

Jan 12, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #1,478 of 1,710
U know..now my code-x is on his way i am really wondering if the modulor pads would even improve it..i for sure will try the grill mod i had on my he500! Just to see if i can make the code-x even better.
biggrin.gif

So modulor..maybe i will order one ..even if its just to see if it improves my new code-x which is in transit to me right now..
tongue.gif

Based on measurements I've seen for the Code-X, and based on what jerg was trying to achieve with his pads, I don't think the jerg pads are necessary on the Code-X. It already has a very smooth response.

Jan 12, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #1,480 of 1,710
 You have to PM him, but Modular isn't taking any orders right now outside of the previous group buy, I want to get some myself.

I am one of the first group buyers... The early adapters.... When its time i will pm him..

@thujone: Where did u see those measurements? :wink:

Jan 12, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #1,482 of 1,710
I was replying to mishka, but I guess I forgot to quote him, lol. Anyways, I hope modular makes more, I really want one.

As one who had a pair on his he500. They are worth it!!!

Jan 13, 2014 at 8:28 AM Post #1,484 of 1,710
Modulor and Jerg, thank you so much for your work. My pads arrived a couple of days ago. I've been so busy that I've not had chance to give them a proper extended listen, but from what I have heard, I can say without question that these pads have cured the ills I had with these headphones. I am not longer going to sell and am over the moon with my renewed HE400s. I can't thank you enough!

I will be sure to post a review when I get chance.

Jan 15, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #1,485 of 1,710
this is for the Jergman and Mr. Modulor

just got my code-x..and as u both are the pad-men (and u specifically asked for pics of the pads used) i wanted to show u how the pads look... for more pics go to the code-x page..they look and feel SOFT!! its like u have real calf leather pads on ur ears...not like those hifiman pleather pads...sorry for pic quality..its taken by a simple iphone 4s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back