= Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 =
Jan 5, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #1,456 of 1,710
  How's the long distance rates to Moscow? If he answers the phone, will Putin be listening in?
Where did you get the Q701 pads. A quick look at Amazon and Google bore no fruit. I don't want to get funky knockoffs.

Skype, and Duh...

Assuming you're in the US, and not Moscow... or Gitmo, get them direct from AKG/Harman.

Specify part # 2458M12020

Frank Rodriguez
Customer Service Administrator
E-mail: frank.rodriguez@harman.com
Phone: 818-920-3279
fax: 818-830-7881

I paid $14.74 per pad + $7 FedEx Ground.

You could always try the K702 Anniversary/K712 pads, which are memory foam and far more comfortable.  When I tried those on my Q701s they completely muddied the sound, plus they're more expensive.  I'm not advising it, just giving another option.  I sold mine on, so I can't compare them to the Q701 pads.

Jan 5, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #1,457 of 1,710

Skype, and Duh...

Assuming you're in the US, and not Moscow... or Gitmo, get them direct from AKG/Harman.

Specify part # 2458M12020

Frank Rodriguez
Customer Service Administrator
E-mail: frank.rodriguez@harman.com
Phone: 818-920-3279
fax: 818-830-7881

I paid $14.74 per pad + $7 FedEx Ground.

You could always try the K702 Anniversary/K712 pads, which are memory foam and far more comfortable.  When I tried those on my Q701s they completely muddied the sound, plus they're more expensive.  I'm not advising it, just giving another option.  I sold mine on, so I can't compare them to the Q701 pads.

Bummer about the memory foam. I'll call during the week, I'm sure they're off today.

Jan 5, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #1,458 of 1,710
  Bummer about the memory foam. I'll call during the week, I'm sure they're off today.

I'm pretty sure they're a M-F 9-5 kinda shop.

re: memory foam, I'm not saying they wouldn't sound good on the HE-500s, just didn't do it for me (and at least one other) on the Q701s.  Maybe someone who has the K702 Annies or K712s + the HE-500s could try it for us 
biggrin.gif
  I'd love to hear the combo, esp. as compared to the jergpads, but $60 or whatever they cost is too much for me to experiment (again) with.

Jan 5, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #1,459 of 1,710

I'm pretty sure they're a M-F 9-5 kinda shop.

re: memory foam, I'm not saying they wouldn't sound good on the HE-500s, just didn't do it for me (and at least one other) on the Q701s.  Maybe someone who has the K702 Annies or K712s + the HE-500s could try it for us 
biggrin.gif
  I'd love to hear the combo, esp. as compared to the jergpads, but $60 or whatever they cost is too much for me to experiment (again) with.

That's another $60 that's best put into the HE-600 fund.
wink_face.gif

Jan 5, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #1,461 of 1,710
  That's another $60 that's best put into the HE-600 fund.
wink_face.gif

Yes, please fund the development of the HE-600 
wink.gif

They might beat me to the punch and announce it soon. Start saving and figure out how to negotiate with the boss. Just think of all the fun you'll have when you start all over, jerging with your new pads. Jerg probably needs something new to tinker with as well.

Jan 5, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #1,462 of 1,710

I'm worrying about this too. On one of my pads the white foam is literally bursting out of the holes, perhaps because they were cut too big. I'm a little worried with time the pads will rip, and they may not make it unscathed through a washing.

The foam looks like that because I used a hobby knife to cut the holes, and in doing so it cuts a bit into the foam in the same pattern.  You can kind of push it back in a bit, but it should last you a while...though if anything happens to them I can try to repair or replace if necessary.  The goal was to get as much surface area exposure as possible so the holes are slightly bigger in this batch.  A gentle rinse and try should be sufficient depending on how sweaty they get, you may just need to de-lint them periodically.  I've not needed to wash my original pair yet and they get regular usage, so YMMV.

Jan 6, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #1,463 of 1,710
  The foam looks like that because I used a hobby knife to cut the holes, and in doing so it cuts a bit into the foam in the same pattern.  You can kind of push it back in a bit, but it should last you a while...though if anything happens to them I can try to repair or replace if necessary.  The goal was to get as much surface area exposure as possible so the holes are slightly bigger in this batch.  A gentle rinse and try should be sufficient depending on how sweaty they get, you may just need to de-lint them periodically.  I've not needed to wash my original pair yet and they get regular usage, so YMMV.

Ah ok, I'll try push it in later on. I generally don't wash my pads though so i'm not too worried though, de-linting seems like the way to go.

Jan 9, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #1,465 of 1,710
Hi, how much are the jergpads for the he 400 and is it possible to order them still? My wifi is kind of slow, so going through the pages would take awhile.

I believe he was selling them for $60 plus shipping in his group buy. Modular isn't taking any orders right now outside of the previous group buy, I wanted to get a pair for myself also, but wasn't able to join in time.

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #1,466 of 1,710
My pads left Alexandria on December 31st bound for Merryfield were they had a brief 3 day rest before the onward journey to Chicago. That was a bit much for USPS. They have been stuck in the windy city since January 4th. God knows when they will arrive in the UK.

Jan 10, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #1,467 of 1,710
My pads left Alexandria on December 31st bound for Merryfield were they had a brief 3 day rest before the onward journey to Chicago. That was a bit much for USPS. They have been stuck in the windy city since January 4th. God knows when they will arrive in the UK.
Same here - mine are still in Chicago from the 4th.

Jan 10, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #1,468 of 1,710

Users who are viewing this thread

Back