= Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 =
Dec 31, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #1,411 of 1,710
  Just got a pm that they're on their way.

o2smile.gif

beerchug.gif

Dec 31, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #1,412 of 1,710
Just a quick update:  Sent a bunch of US orders out last night, have a bunch of internationals going out today, and the last few pairs on the list that will be going out this coming Sunday/Monday.  Again (and I clearly cannot stress this enough) thank you all for your patience with the delays...it's been quite an undertaking 
redface.gif

Dec 31, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #1,413 of 1,710
and I hereby declare modulor MASTER SEWER of Head-fi.  There's no way anyone can surpass modulor's sewing skill and technics.  
biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

Dec 31, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #1,414 of 1,710
and I hereby declare modulor [COLOR=FF0000]MASTER SEWER[/COLOR] of Head-fi.  There's no way anyone can surpass modulor's sewing skill and technics.  :D :beerchug:  

I agree also..i had the luck to have owned modulor pads also..as everyone was deeply impressed...even two professional sewers in my friends circle who worked for wellknown fashion designers :D

Jan 1, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #1,416 of 1,710
Just thought I'd share my experiences in making a pair of Jergpads with the aid of a soldering iron.

It probably wasn't a good idea to do the bigger holes with the iron, I found that I ended up with a lot of black gunk fused to the foam on the inside. I was able to clean the holes up a little by picking off the gunk (with a fair bit of the foam still attached to it though). The smaller holes were much more kind to me. A lot of the gunk decided to stick to the tip of the iron as well, so it's probably best to use something that you don't plan on using for actual soldering. It pays to be gentle and use just the very tip of the iron, as it will easily melt the foam underneath the black material.

Also, the pair of pleathers that came to me from HiFiMan came with this weird lip of vinyl that I couldn't see on any of the images in the guide - you can see it in the second picture. I ended up trimming if off, but it looks like it was an extension of the mounting ring vinyl, but it wasn't an even width around the pad. The picture shows it at its widest.

Sewing using black thread late at night was a royal pain though. I'm very happy with the comfort of the pads, although they do get squashed down very easily. I think I might need to reduce the clamping force of the headband a little to help with this.

Jan 1, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #1,417 of 1,710
  and I hereby declare modulor MASTER SEWER of Head-fi.  There's no way anyone can surpass modulor's sewing skill and technics.  
biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

One could take that two ways. You know Norton from "The Honeymooners." Now he was a Master of the Sewers. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 1, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #1,418 of 1,710
If someone could make replacement earpads for the Sennheiser Around Ears Momentums with larger openings for the ears, they could sell them without an end in sight. $$$$$$$$$

Jan 1, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #1,419 of 1,710
  If someone could make replacement earpads for the Sennheiser Around Ears Momentums with larger openings for the ears, they could sell them without an end in sight. $$$$$$$$$

Speaking of alternatives, I'm intrigued by the Oppo ortho earpads; they have these micro damping holes all riddled on the inside faces of the pads, pretty nifty.

Jan 1, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #1,420 of 1,710

Speaking of alternatives, I'm intrigued by the Oppo ortho earpads; they have these micro damping holes all riddled on the inside faces of the pads, pretty nifty.

They're not even available yet. They look really stylish, perhaps people that bought Beats and figured out they weren't really deaf will go for these.

Jan 1, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #1,421 of 1,710

They're not even available yet. They look really stylish, perhaps people that bought Beats and figured out they weren't really deaf will go for these.

Apparently the R&D of the drivers behind the Oppo ortho is pretty substantial, before they even started designing the aesthetics. We'll see maybe at CES or a few more months down the line when people start getting chances to hear these, if they are a real deal or not.

Jan 2, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #1,423 of 1,710
  Apparently the R&D of the drivers behind the Oppo ortho is pretty substantial, before they even started designing the aesthetics. We'll see maybe at CES or a few more months down the line when people start getting chances to hear these, if they are a real deal or not.

Once they go live there will be no hiding behind press releases. They do like nice, much classier than Beats - hahaha.

Jan 3, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #1,425 of 1,710
Finally my pair came in. Excellent build quality many previously have mentioned. But something strange, it seems the modulor pair is noticeably stiffer than my regular pleather pads. In fact they seem a lot like the stiff velour pads 
confused.gif
. If someone hadn't told me they were jergpads I would have mistaken them for stock velour. It kind of boggles my mind. I'm thinking it may be because they've been outside in the mailbox all day, so maybe the cold weather is to blame. I'm hoping with time and heat they'll get softer.

Sound wise, they sound identical to my personal made jergpads I did many months back, but of course they feel and look much more professional. The current version of the mod has come a long way compared to v1 which I did. I opted to not do the back vent mod because I want full bass extension so I taped the entire circumference down with the provided tape, sub-bass seems improved. I think my attempt at the sub-bass mod with my older pair wasn't the best.

Overall very happy with my jergulors :) I've already found a new home for my old pair, in a drawer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back