= Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 =
Jan 22, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #121 of 1,710
May have just found an additional little (nondestructive) mod onto the jergpads to further enhance bass tactility and imaging/staging. Will evaluate for a day or two before I decide if it'll be on the chopping block or be added into the overall guide.

Jan 22, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #122 of 1,710
Quote:
May have just found an additional little (nondestructive) mod onto the jergpads to further enhance bass tactility and imaging/staging. Will evaluate for a day or two before I decide if it'll be on the chopping block or be added into the overall guide.

What?  You're going to keep us all waiting?  Whoa ... Is that in your contract?  
size]

size]

Jan 22, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #123 of 1,710
size]

size]

Not acceptable :D

Jan 22, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #124 of 1,710
Quote:

size]

size]

I just hate to type something up in detail, hyping everyone up, and then end up disliking it or discovering some major flaw.

So far so good though, a huge boost to comfort levels, and I think the sound is much more open and cleaner.

Jan 22, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #125 of 1,710
Incredible Hifiman have not done something better with their pads

Jan 22, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #126 of 1,710
Quote:
Incredible Hifiman have not done something better with their pads

Too much manual work. They're happy cranking out earpads that are made in 5 minutes from a line of automated machines.

Besides if they perfect the pads, then how can we owners have fun modding them? 
biggrin.gif

Jan 22, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #127 of 1,710
Quote:
Too much manual work. They're happy cranking out earpads that are made in 5 minutes from a line of automated machines.

biggrin.gif

Fun is definitely individual.

Jan 22, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #128 of 1,710
Fun is definitely individual.

Yep..i am waiting for ur last mod u mentioned now and then start my first nightmare..modding the pads :D

Jan 22, 2013 at 3:17 AM Post #129 of 1,710

biggrin.gif

But still..with so many hifiman owners around..there must be someone standing up and start actually making hifiman modded pads right? JERG?.how about JERG incorporated? :D

Jan 22, 2013 at 4:26 AM Post #132 of 1,710
Jan 22, 2013 at 4:30 AM Post #133 of 1,710
MOD UPDATED TO REV. 1.1!

Added the newly-devised "Backvents" mini modification as an optional step at the very end of the Protocol section. It is a non-permanent little mod that adds comfort and bass tactility, also giving a small boost to imaging/staging as well as the overall damping.

I'm sure lots of HE500 owners who try pleathers / jergpads in general will be quite happy about the comfort boost of not having to push their ears against the hard driver steel strut any more with this little mini-mod. Oh and the SQ benefits are a good bonus too of course.

Jan 22, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #134 of 1,710
Quote:
MOD UPDATED TO REV. 1.1!

Added the newly-devised "Backvents" mini modification as an optional step at the very end of the Protocol section. It is a non-permanent little mod that adds comfort and bass tactility, also giving a small boost to imaging/staging as well as the overall damping.

I'm sure lots of HE500 owners who try pleathers / jergpads in general will be quite happy about the comfort boost of not having to push their ears against the hard driver steel strut any more with this little mini-mod. Oh and the SQ benefits are a good bonus too of course.

2 hours ago you wrote "I think the sound is much more open and cleaner"! and now it's just a small boost! :xf_eek: Shame on you! :D

Jan 22, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #135 of 1,710
Nice anyway. Isn't it hard to attach the pads to the 'phone with the mod? Looking forward to try this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back