HiFiMan HE4XX
Jan 17, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #901 of 1,381
Just a quick question for folks who have Balanced connections - where did you get your cables for the 4XX? I found a couple on Amazon but I want additional options. My Schiit Jotunheim is on the way so the cable upgrade is going to be wanted sooner than later.

Thanks for any info!

Jan 17, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #902 of 1,381
Just a quick question for folks who have Balanced connections - where did you get your cables for the 4XX? I found a couple on Amazon but I want additional options. My Schiit Jotunheim is on the way so the cable upgrade is going to be wanted sooner than later.

Thanks for any info!
My cable is from @alpha421 who runs Triton Audio Cables.

Jan 17, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #903 of 1,381

Thanks for any info!

I bought a cable on Amazon from Sukira. It depends on what termination you need. In my case I needed a 4.4mm termination for my Sony. It is a stiff, long cable (6.5ft) and very microphonic. However I only use it at my home listening station and the sound is great.

Shane D

PS: it also works with Denon's and Meze's headphones

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 10:09 PM Post #904 of 1,381

Thanks for any info!
I bought my cable from Periapt. So far I haven't experienced any issues.

Jan 18, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #906 of 1,381
My cable is 4.4mm termination so it is a little different.
I have a KK and A Sukira. I did a head to head last weekend and the Sukira is a superior cable. I did a little write-up in the Meze 99 thread. Because of that headphone I had to buy the second cable (Sukira) and it is noticeably better. Unfortunately it (in Canada) double the price. Also, it is long, stiff and microphonic. But for stationary listening, I don't think you can do better for the money.

Which is too bad as the KK is shorter, softer and cheaper.

Shane D

Jan 18, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #907 of 1,381
Thank you all for the Info! Much appreciated!

Jan 19, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #908 of 1,381
Just received my pair 12064 from a December order. Surprised to find it uses 3.5mm plugs. Plan to wait to buy any cables until your pair arrives. Amazed at how good these sound, especially for the price. They look less cheap and feel more comfortable than I thought they’d be, given my main pair are HD700, which feel nearly weightless in comparison.

Jan 20, 2019 at 1:17 AM Post #909 of 1,381
Just received my pair 12064 from a December order. Surprised to find it uses 3.5mm plugs. Plan to wait to buy any cables until your pair arrives. Amazed at how good these sound, especially for the price. They look less cheap and feel more comfortable than I thought they’d be, given my main pair are HD700, which feel nearly weightless in comparison.
I was surprised when I bought mine too. After hearing all the horror stories about broken yokes with the other Hifimans, I bought a set with more than a little trepidation. When I finally received them I was happy to find that the yokes were made out of metal and the rest of the headhpones felt very solid.

Jan 20, 2019 at 1:32 AM Post #910 of 1,381

Can you send a photo of the headphones with th HD700 cable? Suspect the plugs stick out quite a bit and may be touching the shoulders.

Jan 30, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #912 of 1,381
Just got my HE4XX in. This is my first set of $100+ headphones. The purchase was inspired by my first open back headphone (Audio Technica ATH-AD700X) i got about 7 months ago when my first baby was born. I got them so I could listen to music/play games/ watch TV with the baby sleeping and still hear her wake up. But I realized the sound was something I was definitely missing out on. Open back just sounded so much more, well... open. So I started shopping around for a set to take to work and decided to go planar since I didn't have any yet either. I must say I'm pretty happy with them so far. The first thing that got my attention was the channel separation. It just seemed so much better than the AKG IEMs I had been using at work. I've been playing some songs that I'm very familiar with and I definitely hear things I hadn't heard before.

I'm running them off Fulla 2 right now but now I'm considering upgrading to a better amp. Seems like open back is my gateway drug to the audio equipment addiction.

Jan 30, 2019 at 7:29 PM Post #913 of 1,381
Just got my HE4XX in. This is my first set of $100+ headphones. The purchase was inspired by my first open back headphone (Audio Technica ATH-AD700X) i got about 7 months ago when my first baby was born. I got them so I could listen to music/play games/ watch TV with the baby sleeping and still hear her wake up. But I realized the sound was something I was definitely missing out on. Open back just sounded so much more, well... open. So I started shopping around for a set to take to work and decided to go planar since I didn't have any yet either. I must say I'm pretty happy with them so far. The first thing that got my attention was the channel separation. It just seemed so much better than the AKG IEMs I had been using at work. I've been playing some songs that I'm very familiar with and I definitely hear things I hadn't heard before.

I'm running them off Fulla 2 right now but now I'm considering upgrading to a better amp. Seems like open back is my gateway drug to the audio equipment addiction.
What AKG IEMs?

Jan 30, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #914 of 1,381
What AKG IEMs?

Actually, the ones that came with my Samsung Note9. I actually think they sound really good for IEMs that are included in a phone's box. They were a huge upgrade from the Sennheiser CX200 I had been using up till then.

upload_2019-1-30_16-36-14.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-30_16-35-6.png
    upload_2019-1-30_16-35-6.png
    108.9 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back