Hifiman HE4xx vs Sennheiser HD58x / HD6xx vs Fidelio X2hr (or other)? For my purpose, which one and why?
Feb 22, 2020 at 2:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Ryuuji Voidstalker

New Head-Fier
THREAD CLOSED.

What would be the best $ 200 open-back headphone for Epic songs / soundtracks (lots of orchestral) and powerful vocals, especially the females one? Will be my first open-back headphone.

I was thinking on the HD6xx (HD650), but i saw a lot of reviewers saying that these headphones are definitly not "exciting" headphones by any means. Almost like the sound is just there and... that's it.

They say that these are REALLY good, will age well, but they lack of "epicness", if you can understand what im saying...
I want something exciting, energetic, that give me chills and make me vibrate with soundtracks from Hans Zimmer or Hiroyuki Sawano. Something that gives me that thrilling feeling while listening to music in general.

Two other options are the Fidelio X2hr and the Hifiman HE4xx. However, they say that the X2hr is very V-shaped, has too much bass, which bleeds in the mid blurring the vocals, and lacks of imaging even having a good soundstage. And some people say that the HE4xx have "away" vocals in the spectrum and many complain about quality problems on HE4xx, that would be a reeeally pain for me, because the Massdrop and Amazon dont delivers on my country, soo probably i will be buying it using a third party company.

I will be using it, in order of priority, for Music, Watching and Games. I'm very eclectic, but i listen more to Epic songs/soundtracks, soundtracks in general, eletronic, pop, rock, old rock, vocals and "modern" medieval songs. Soo, every recommendation will be welcome!

Note: Im using google translator, soo please don't mind the possible english mistakes.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2020 at 7:48 PM Post #2 of 2
What would be the best $ 200 open-back headphone for Epic songs / soundtracks (lots of orchestral) and powerful vocals, especially the females one? Will be my first open-back headphone.

I was thinking on the HD6xx (HD650), but i saw a lot of reviewers saying that these headphones are definitly not "exciting" headphones by any means. Almost like the sound is just there and... that's it.

They say that these are REALLY good, will age well, but they lack of "epicness", if you can understand what im saying...
I want something exciting, energetic, that give me chills and make me vibrate with soundtracks from Hans Zimmer or Hiroyuki Sawano. Something that gives me that thrilling feeling while listening to music in general.

Two other options are the Fidelio X2hr and the Hifiman HE4xx.
However, they say that the X2hr is very V-shaped, has too much bass, which bleeds in the mid blurring the vocals, and lacks of imaging even having a good soundstage. And some people say that the HE4xx have "away" vocals in the spectrum and many complain about quality problems on HE4xx, that would be a reeeally pain for me, because the Massdrop and Amazon dont delivers on my country, soo probably i will be buying it using a third party company.

I will be using it, in order of priority, for Music, Watching and Games. I'm very eclectic, but i listen more to Epic songs/soundtracks, soundtracks in general, eletronic, pop, rock, old rock, vocals and "modern" medieval songs. Soo, every recommendation will be welcome!

Note: Im using google translator, soo please don't mind the possible english mistakes.
If you don't have an headphone amplifier I would take the HD58x, it will work out of your phone or computer and it's very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back