Hifiman HE1000-SE
Jul 4, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #4,186 of 5,202
Hello! I'm new here btw but been reading hundreds of pages lately 😅. Just wanted to get some inputs/thoughts on Bifrost 2/64, Headamp GS-X Mini and HekSE setup. Although I read that the GS-X Mini is not so good with soundstage which makes me think twice on getting this amp since I really like grand soundstage so to speak. Will I be better off with Violectric V280/1 or Burson Soloist 3XP( if yes which of the two is better for HekSE? ).

Would also love to hear any DAC/Amp recommendations that's around 2-2.5k range or maybe a bit more 😂 for the Hifiman HekSE.

Thank you!

Jul 4, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #4,187 of 5,202
Hello! I'm new here btw but been reading hundreds of pages lately 😅. Just wanted to get some inputs/thoughts on Bifrost 2/64, Headamp GS-X Mini and HekSE setup. Although I read that the GS-X Mini is not so good with soundstage which makes me think twice on getting this amp since I really like grand soundstage so to speak. Will I be better off with Violectric V280/1 or Burson Soloist 3XP( if yes which of the two is better for HekSE? ).

Would also love to hear any DAC/Amp recommendations that's around 2-2.5k range or maybe a bit more 😂 for the Hifiman HekSE.

Thank you!
Just received my HE1000se today (not even broken in yet), BiFrost 2/64 > Jot 2, absolutely stellar! Today will not be a productive day.

Jul 4, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #4,188 of 5,202
Just received my HE1000se today (not even broken in yet), BiFrost 2/64 > Jot 2, absolutely stellar! Today will not be a productive day.
Congratulations on your new HekSE!🎉
I'm sure you'll be spending lots of hours with that if not days 🤣

I read somewhere that it's quite a step up when upgrading from Jot 2 to GS X Mini. With that, I think I'll skip Jot 2 and go straight to something I can consider an "endgame" amp.

Thank you for this though 🙂

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2023 at 8:06 AM Post #4,191 of 5,202
There is no endgame
Well what about the Sennheiser HE1, Hifiman Shangri La & Warwick Acoustic Aperio? Those are the true endgame!

Jul 5, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #4,192 of 5,202
Any user impressions compared to HE1000 stealth model ?
Reviews saying Hekse more detail and have deeper soundstage, new Stealth model sounding wider and maybe having a bit more impact/bass. I'm curious what individual users think here who heard both.

Jul 5, 2023 at 9:00 AM Post #4,193 of 5,202
Reviews saying Hekse more detail and have deeper soundstage, new Stealth model sounding wider and maybe having a bit more impact/bass. I'm curious what individual users think here who heard both.
Plenty of users impressions through the 3d pages

Jul 5, 2023 at 9:29 AM Post #4,195 of 5,202
Boodi himself wrote a hefty, detailed comparison between HekV2S, HekV2 and HekSE

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hifiman-he1000-planar-dynamic-headphone.748334/post-17408332
I think this goes on up to page 806-808

@boodi - hope these comments of yours are still relevant and you still stand by it. You're one of the reasons why I end up on this thread and now eyeing for HekSE btw 🤣

Jul 5, 2023 at 9:57 AM Post #4,196 of 5,202
100%!!

Hekse for the win >> as for general purpose ( all genres besides female vocals ) and most advanced technicals ( air details position precision dynamics bass tightness and deep range easy drive ..you name it )

Hekv2 contender >> as for better timbral accuracy and softer relaxed presentation ( but all the rest goes to hekse ), definitely needs more power, gears matching

Hekstealth >> takes v2 sound on a closer more emotional presentation as it's richer on mids ( i.e. guitars/voices), which adds energy drive and entertains, but i 'd select it for niche genres i.e. metal , or old hard rock or small jazz , not for all )

Ymmv , just ime and imo etc

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #4,198 of 5,202
There is no endgame
Well, there is. There is simply no DAC/amp in the market, at any price, that can replace my ADI-2 Pro SE. I am sick and tired of HP source manufacturers repeating the same things over and over again in the name of "different sound signature" but skipping something absolutely useful called a parametric EQ. Develop something clean and add a proper DSP to do anything you want. Every time I see one of those nuclear reactor style amplifiers with a ton of weight and only a new outlook but inside the same old, same old inside, I feel lucky to have found my "endgame" that has everything I could ever want from a source device.

Jul 5, 2023 at 11:28 AM Post #4,199 of 5,202
Well, there is. There is simply no DAC/amp in the market, at any price, that can replace my ADI-2 Pro SE. I am sick and tired of HP source manufacturers repeating the same things over and over again in the name of "different sound signature" but skipping something absolutely useful called a parametric EQ. Develop something clean and add a proper DSP to do anything you want. Every time I see one of those nuclear reactor style amplifiers with a ton of weight and only a new outlook but inside the same old, same old inside, I feel lucky to have found my "endgame" that has everything I could ever want from a source device.
I am pretty sure you would take the DCS Bartok though....

Jul 5, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #4,200 of 5,202
I am pretty sure you would take the DCS Bartok though....
Naah, not at all. ADI-2 replaced a T+A HA200 that costs 4 times more and I didn't look back. Companies like DCS should stop reinventing the wheel and packaging in a fancy looking furniture, and rather develop tools that covers more use cases.

Anyway... Back to HEK. I am following the thread as a former HEKse and Susvara owner, checking the new line-up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back