Hifiman HE1000-SE
Jul 18, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #2,851 of 5,216
..or a little EQ.

And a DAC/amp that has better synergy with the HEKse. As many have recommended, a warmer amp +/- warmer DAC will pair well with the HEKse. Warm vs. cool DAC may be a point of contention with some who think all DACs sound alike, but when I switched from a Schiit Gungnir Multibit to a Holo Audio DAC, I could immediately use the HEKse without as much EQ because the treble was attenuated and bass was a little thicker. On top of that, a warmer tube amp (may also depend on what tubes are used) will be likely bring the biggest change. Couldn't stand the HEKse when I trialed it a couple years back with a Liquid Platinum. With my current EC Studio Jr and warmer Gold Lion 300B tubes, everything is perfect for my ears that are pretty sensitive to treble.

Full leather earpads are interesting, and I'm looking forward to see if this helps tame the treble even more. With ZMF pads the full leather pads can add some unpleasant treble peaks, while suede types typically are a little smoother, despite being overall brighter/more neutral.

Jul 19, 2021 at 10:25 PM Post #2,855 of 5,216
…Couldn't stand the HEKse when I trialed it a couple years back with a Liquid Platinum…
Funny, I love my Liquid Platinum ==> HEKse, as long as I put warmer tubes in. Siemens CCa are great.

Jul 19, 2021 at 11:28 PM Post #2,856 of 5,216
It's interesting, I've said this a couple of times already, but I was so wowed when I got the V2 a couple of weeks ago, I thought the SE could only sound better, so I went for the upgrade.
I still haven't heard the SE but I'm thinking it's more of a matter of preference between the V2 & SE, not an upgrade but rather a sidegrade although most everyone seems to feel the SE is an actual upgrade from the V2.

Jul 19, 2021 at 11:35 PM Post #2,857 of 5,216
I still haven't heard the SE but I'm thinking it's more of a matter of preference between the V2 & SE, not an upgrade but rather a sidegrade although most everyone seems to feel the SE is an actual upgrade from the V2.
That's it for me. I felt the V2 and my amp were made for each other. Don't feel the same with the SE. I'm going to get my V2's back.

Jul 19, 2021 at 11:42 PM Post #2,858 of 5,216
Thinking of going back to the V2's after trading my SE's for a set of HE-R10P's.

Jul 19, 2021 at 11:45 PM Post #2,859 of 5,216
That's it for me. I felt the V2 and my amp were made for each other. Don't feel the same with the SE. I'm going to get my V2's back.
This is why I will not give up my V2 before hearing both side by side.
Do you have the serial# from your V2? I'm asking because I'd like to know if you're actually going to get your V2 back or just any V2 that is available from the trade.

Jul 19, 2021 at 11:48 PM Post #2,860 of 5,216
This is why I will not give up my V2 before hearing both side by side.
Do you have the serial# from your V2? I'm asking because I'd like to know if you're actually going to get your V2 back or just any V2 that is available from the trade.
I do have the serial #, They said I would get the same pair back.

Jul 20, 2021 at 12:05 AM Post #2,863 of 5,216
True. There are folks who prefer v1 to v2 or se.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back