Hifiman HE1000-SE
Jul 18, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #2,836 of 5,252
Jul 18, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #2,837 of 5,252
I bought these pads here:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/255002079644?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=554925600975&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

"Luckily" my original ones were disintegrating so I used their plastic rings to attach the leather pads too since they came with glue rings.

In my opinion these are the pads to get and should have been there out of the box - they mittigate all the gripes I (and many others) had with the tonality of this headphone.
These pads manage what I tried to do with analogue and digital EQ, diffferent amps,DAC's, tubes etc... - they turn the SE into a super HEK but, retain the unbelieveable imaging and precision of the SE while giving back the huge stage of the V1 and V2 without turning it diffuse like the HEK's (maybe a tad but thats no biggie in my book).

Together with the original pads for orchestral classic or big movie soundtracks these become some of the best and most usable all around headphones
you can get without paying through your nose for Abyss or Susvara, with technicalities being somewhere up there at utopias level showing you what the ultra high-end can do.

And god bless your wife.

I might have to try this. You sound too convincing.

Jul 18, 2021 at 5:17 PM Post #2,838 of 5,252
Jul 18, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #2,839 of 5,252
https://www.ebay.de/itm/255002079644?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=554925600975&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

"Luckily" my original ones were disintegrating so I used their plastic rings to attach the leather pads too since they came with glue rings.

In my opinion these are the pads to get and should have been there out of the box - they mittigate all the gripes I (and many others) had with the tonality of this headphone.
These pads manage what I tried to do with analogue and digital EQ, diffferent amps,DAC's, tubes etc... - they turn the SE into a super HEK but, retain the unbelieveable imaging and precision of the SE while giving back the huge stage of the V1 and V2 without turning it diffuse like the HEK's (maybe a tad but thats no biggie in my book).

Together with the original pads for orchestral classic or big movie soundtracks these become some of the best and most usable all around headphones
you can get without paying through your nose for Abyss or Susvara, with technicalities being somewhere up there at utopias level showing you what the ultra high-end can do.

And god bless your wife.
I would think they sound good on the V2 also?

Jul 18, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #2,840 of 5,252
I might have to try this. You sound too convincing.
I, of course, take all and full - non financial, legal or emotional - responsibilty if it turns out otherwise to your taste. ^^

Jul 18, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #2,841 of 5,252
Jul 18, 2021 at 6:32 PM Post #2,842 of 5,252

"Luckily" my original ones were disintegrating so I used their plastic rings to attach the leather pads to, since they came with glue rings.

These pads manage what I tried to do with analogue and digital EQ, different amps, DAC's, tubes etc... - they turn the SE into a super HEK but, retain the unbelieveable imaging and precision of the SE while giving back the huge stage of the V1 and V2 without turning it diffuse like the HEK's (maybe a tad but thats no biggie in my book).

And god bless your wife.
Nice find! Is there another thread discussing this pad? I know there was another HE1000 thread that mentioned a different eBay pad that was more expensive, and also didn't fit perfectly. This one looks pretty good, I just placed an order. Did you install with the 3M tape, or is it similar to the other pad from China that you have to remove the old pad's plastic mount to install?

Jul 18, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #2,843 of 5,252
Nice find! Is there another thread discussing this pad? I know there was another HE1000 thread that mentioned a different eBay pad that was more expensive, and also didn't fit perfectly. This one looks pretty good, I just placed an order. Did you install with the 3M tape, or is it similar to the other pad from China that you have to remove the old pad's plastic mount to install?
Yes, I had to use the original pads plastic mount. You can mont them directly tho.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #2,844 of 5,252
I just bought these. I’ll compare them when they arrive. Pads are such a cheap hack.

Jul 18, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #2,845 of 5,252
My little guy sporting the HE1000SE. It is surprising how good the bass is on these. did a comparison with the Kennerton Rognir last night. Rognir has a thicker sound. A little better with electric guitar For rock music. HEKSE is better for bass, soundstage and seperation. They are actually a great complimentary pair.
084D85EF-EA8C-4A85-9C43-8B45872A4A51.jpeg

Jul 18, 2021 at 7:05 PM Post #2,847 of 5,252
HE1000.

Jul 18, 2021 at 7:16 PM Post #2,848 of 5,252
It's interesting, I've said this a couple of times already, but I was so wowed when I got the V2 a couple of weeks ago, I thought the SE could only sound better, so I went for the upgrade.
The SE isn't doing the same thing for me that the V2 did so far. Maybe it needs burning in? The V2 I bought was an open box so maybe it was broken in already, the SE is new.
I may be the first person who goes back to the V2 :frowning2:

Jul 18, 2021 at 7:19 PM Post #2,849 of 5,252
It's interesting, I've said this a couple of times already, but I was so wowed when I got the V2 a couple of weeks ago, I thought the SE could only sound better, so I went for the upgrade.
The SE isn't doing the same thing for me that the V2 did so far. Maybe it needs burning in? The V2 I bought was an open box so maybe it was broken in already, the SE is new.
I may be the first person who goes back to the V2 :frowning2:
Yes it needs burn-in, but no amount of burn-in will mitigate the forward and tipped up tonality. Except for the leather pads I believe.

Jul 18, 2021 at 7:22 PM Post #2,850 of 5,252
Yes it needs burn-in, but no amount of burn-in will mitigate the forward and tipped up tonality. Except for the leather pads I believe.
..or a little EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back