Hifiman HE1000-SE
Jun 11, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #2,776 of 5,241
Anyone in UK interested in trading their HEKse under warranty for a DianaV2 under warranty let me know !

Jun 16, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #2,778 of 5,241
I've just tried these through my Macbook Air M1 3.5mm port and ummm...have a hard time telling the difference between that and the iFi, Chord amps that I currently use. With the Arya it made a difference, the HE1000SE seems so easy to drive and revealing with all of them.

Helps that the M1 has good USB jitter stats.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #2,779 of 5,241
I've just tried these through my Macbook Air M1 3.5mm port and ummm...have a hard time telling the difference between that and the iFi, Chord amps that I currently use. With the Arya it made a difference, the HE1000SE seems so easy to drive and revealing with all of them.

Helps that the M1 has good USB jitter stats.
That is very interesting, because I thought they sounded better on high gain with my Singxer SA-1. And that's 6.480 watts at 32 ohms. They had more impactful bass and a punchier leading edge/transient snap on high gain. Low gain was smoother but borderline too ethereal. They don't need much juice to get loud, but I think they sound more lively and dynamic with a better bass foundation with more power.

Jun 16, 2021 at 8:35 PM Post #2,780 of 5,241
That is very interesting, because I thought they sounded better on high gain with my Singxer SA-1. And that's 6.480 watts at 32 ohms. They had more impactful bass and a punchier leading edge/transient snap on high gain. Low gain was smoother but borderline too ethereal. They don't need much juice to get loud, but I think they sound more lively and dynamic with a better bass foundation with more power.
Oh yeah I agree proper equipment extracts more out of , but for casual listening I could totally see taking them around with just a laptop or phone.
Sold my SA-1 a couple of weeks ago, I think it would have paired nicely with these.

Yeah these have quite a bit more detail than the Arya and I have to dial down the 3.5, 6.5, 13khz frequencies to enjoy them fully. . The jury is still out there as to which will be sold. There’s something addicting about the Arya soundstage presentation to me.

I am burning them in 24/7 presently.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2021 at 10:46 PM Post #2,782 of 5,241
Oh yeah I agree proper equipment extracts more out of , but for casual listening I could totally see taking them around with just a laptop or phone.
Sold my SA-1 a couple of weeks ago, I think it would have paired nicely with these.

Yeah these have quite a bit more detail than the Arya and I have to dial down the 3.5, 6.5, 13khz frequencies to enjoy them fully. . The jury is still out there as to which will be sold. There’s something addicting about the Arya soundstage presentation to me.

I am burning them in 24/7 presently.
I agree that the Arya has a very cool and unique soundstage. It sometimes throws sounds way above your head or down below your neck. But I just wish the upper mids/lower treble area was less grainy. It just gets too sibilant on a lot of tracks.

Jul 6, 2021 at 9:32 PM Post #2,784 of 5,241
Hi, in a couple of months the HEKse will be 3 years old. That seems like a long lifespan for a Hifiman product. Does anyone have any thoughts about when a successor might arrive? I'm thinking of picking up a pair of these but not sure the timing is great given that an SEv2 might be imminent.

Jul 6, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #2,785 of 5,241
Get the HEKse. You’ll be glad you did.

Jul 7, 2021 at 2:05 AM Post #2,787 of 5,241
Still loving the Hekse despite the arrival of LCD4.
Same. Still loving them despite at one point or another owning Utopia, D8000 Pro, Empyrean, Rad-0, the entire LCD line...

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2021 at 2:51 AM Post #2,788 of 5,241
And @Spawn300Z isnt the only one who finds both the Susvara and HEKse such good cans (with just enough of a difference) that they keep both.

Jul 7, 2021 at 7:19 PM Post #2,789 of 5,241
Sorry I don’t really do Heavy Metal. But I’ve said this before in one of the other threads. At least for me.

Empyreans: Jazz focus on Woodwinds and Vocals, Blues, Funk, R&B, Neo-Soul and Country Rock, Reggae, Calypso

LCD-4Z: Jazz focus on brass instruments and drums, Jazz Funk, Funk, Rock, Reggae, Jazz Bass is also real good

HEKSE: Classical, Jazz with a focus on strings, horns (aka Trumpet) and piano, Latin, Folk, Soca

Susvara: Classical, Jazz with a focus on strings, horns (aka Trumpet) and piano, Latin, Folk, Soca. But I would also say music that highlights the Bass Player is just literally Killer here. Try listening to some Marcus Miller, Victor Wooton, Flea, Jaco Pastorius, Les Claypool, Charles Mingus and Stanley Clark just to name a few. You will really see what the this headphone has to offer.

I’m not saying these headphones aren’t more versatile then the genres I highlighted them for.

May I ask why you are keeping the HE-1000SE if you already have the Susvara?
They are different enough for me. I have multiple amp setups so sometimes the HEXSE pairs better with what I’m listening too. The Susvaras require power, where the HEXSEs can play nice with almost anything

Jul 7, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #2,790 of 5,241
They are different enough for me. I have multiple amp setups so sometimes the HEXSE pairs better with what I’m listening too. The Susvaras require power, where the HEXSEs can play nice with almost anything
Thanks for the answer. Is the Susvara better in every way/area or only in some? Would the soundstage suffer because of the smaller earpads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back