Hifiman HE1000-SE
Jul 7, 2021 at 9:30 PM Post #2,791 of 5,384
Same. Still loving them despite at one point or another owning Utopia, D8000 Pro, Empyrean, Rad-0, the entire LCD line..., and that’s because it‘s my belief that the high efficiency of the HEKse combined with (some of) Susvara’s technology make it a more versatile, lighter, smaller (albeit less detailed) Susvara.
And, like me, it loves EQ :wink:
Same, but add to that list the Abyss Phi CC, Diana Phi, the entire ZMF line, the Raal SR1a. This is my 2nd time owning the HEKse and I think I didn't give it enough EQ or more importantly pair it with a good amp for it to sound at its best. While I still split time with my ZMF Aeolus just because it's more laid back to get work done with, the HEKse never ceases to amaze when paired with my Eddie Current Studio Jr.

Jul 7, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #2,792 of 5,384
Susvara are better. But the HEXSE is no slouch and scale very well. The ear pads aren’t really that much smaller. They are just round where the HEXSE is oblong shaped. If you don’t have the amplification for the Susvaras stay away from them.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #2,793 of 5,384
Hi ! I currently have an Arya , and i decided to upgrade for an HE1000se, i hope that it's a good upgrade :) Did some of you did the same path?

Since it's not cheap at all , i had to do some concession, and i bought a used one, is it easy to replace pads? do you have some recommendation? Thanks.

Jul 12, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #2,794 of 5,384
Hi ! I currently have an Arya , and i decided to upgrade for an HE1000se, i hope that it's a good upgrade :) Did some of you did the same path?

Since it's not cheap at all , i had to do some concession, and i bought a used one, is it easy to replace pads? do you have some recommendation? Thanks.

People have different opinions of the differences, but for me it boils down to two things...The HE1000SE is significantly more resolving, while the Arya
has a significantly more vast soundstage and less air up past 10khz.
For me the Arya soundstage is very addicting and so the HE1000SE is not an end all be all upgrade.

Jul 12, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #2,795 of 5,384
People have different opinions of the differences, but for me it boils down to two things...The HE1000SE is significantly more resolving, while the Arya
has a significantly more vast soundstage and less air up past 10khz.
For me the Arya soundstage is very addicting and so the HE1000SE is not an end all be all upgrade.
dammm !
i hoped for an upgrade.
i love the soundstage of the Arya also, so i will probably wait patiently to receive the he1000se and compare before selling my Arya.

Jul 12, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #2,796 of 5,384
dammm !
i hoped for an upgrade.
i love the soundstage of the Arya also, so i will probably wait patiently to receive the he1000se and compare before selling my Arya.
Everyone's hearing is different. I bought both the HE 1000V2 and the Arya within the past month and the Arya sounded a little cloudy compared to the HE1000V2(Love the V2!)
I'm gonna try the SE upgrade through HiFiman. They said I had a month to try it out and if I don't like the SE as much as the V2, I can get back the pair I sent them.

Jul 12, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #2,797 of 5,384
Everyone's hearing is different. I bought both the HE 1000V2 and the Arya within the past month and the Arya sounded a little cloudy compared to the HE1000V2(Love the V2!)
I'm gonna try the SE upgrade through HiFiman. They said I had a month to try it out and if I don't like the SE as much as the V2, I can get back the pair I sent them.
thank you :)
it gives me some hopes .

Also the customer service of hifiman seems top notch !

Jul 12, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #2,799 of 5,384
I did not think that Arya's soundstage is a lot wider than Hekse. Maybe a little but imo Hekse soundstage is already wide enough for me and I have the HD800 as a basis for comparison.

Arya has a fuller tone. Hekse is more resolving for sure, as a few have pointed out.

He1000 v2 and He1000se is probably a better comparison. He1000 v2 seems to be in between Arya and He1000se but having heard all 3, my preference is definitely He1000se. It's all personal though. You could love any of these 3 headphones really especially the He1000s.

Jul 12, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #2,800 of 5,384
I've never heard the Arya, but it must have a seriously huge soundstage if it is significantly larger than HEKse. I had HD-800 in my stable forever, and HEKse soundstage is exceptional, even compared to HD-800.

Jul 12, 2021 at 11:41 PM Post #2,802 of 5,384
This is great to know because I've been wanting to compare the V2 (which I love) to the SE as well.
Looking forward to your comparisons as well. Enjoy.

Jul 13, 2021 at 4:17 AM Post #2,803 of 5,384
This is great to know because I've been wanting to compare the V2 (which I love) to the SE as well.
It does indeed sound like a good offer for hifiman to return your V2 if you don't get on with the SE.
However, as I understand it, you first have to send the V2 out to hifiman before they send you the SE, so you won't be able to directly compare the two.
All you can do is compare the SE with the memory of the V2 (which is what I had to do - and in my case the SE won quite comfortably :))

Jul 13, 2021 at 4:20 AM Post #2,804 of 5,384
dammm !
i hoped for an upgrade.

The HEK SE trades soundstage dimensions (except depth) for much sharper positional play. I found that to be a pretty good trade off as the difference is quite remarkable.

Jul 13, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #2,805 of 5,384
We love to hear what you are about to say. I myself also am considering in upgrading my V2s to SE because I cant stand the upper midrange forwardness of the V2. I prefer my 500s and 6s more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back