1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hifiman HE1000-SE

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by ufospls2, Aug 10, 2018.
First

Back
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Next

Last
  1. auricgoldfinger
    The midrange will fill out after 150-200 hours.

2. dcguy73
    Woo hoo! I thought the sound might change after burn-in. Thanks for confirming it!

3. llcook51

dcguy73 likes this.
  4. llcook51
    Thanks. It is good to get a preview.

5. Articnoise
    Normally vocal and all lead instruments just pops out so visibly from a black background. However I have also occasionally perceived that on some songs the vocal can sound a bit more laidback and buried in behind the rest of the sound than on my other headphones. My guess is that the SE is just showing flaws in the recordings that always been where, just not as noticeable with less transparent headphones.

That is one more thing that I really like about the SE. It’s wonderfully clear from top to bottom, revealing and have great transparency without ever sounding analytical.

Gibson59, Turdski and dcguy73 like this.
  6. Zowie1
    Any recommendations for a balanced cable for these headphones? I would need one with a 2,5 mm connector since I just bought Ifi Pro iDSD.

Edit. Already contacted Lavricables, I'll just get my current cable reterminated.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  7. tunes
    Norne Audio has a great selection at fair prices.

8. dcguy73
    Seconded. :thumbsup:

@Zowie1, I already owned a Norne Audio Draug 3 copper cable when I got my SE. I've been using it with my SE as they break in, and there's good synergy there. After another few days of burn-in, I'm going to experiment with some silver/copper and pure silver cables that I have to see how they change the sound.

Wildcatsare1, Articnoise and llcook51 like this.
  9. llcook51

dcguy73 likes this.
  10. Zowie1
    Thanks for your answers! I'll probably send my Grand 20 Core Silver cable back to Lavricables to be reterminated.

11. dcguy73
    Wow, that's a nice cable!

12. dcguy73
    @llcook51, rest assured I will continue to report in.

42 hours of burn-in so far. I've been listening to the HEKse every night, so the changes over time seem subtle to me. What stands out most is the clarity of sound from top to bottom. It surprised me when I sat down to listen the first time, and as I explore my music catalog, it continues to surprise me. It's only in retrospect that I think the v2's laid-back nature and giant soundstage diffused its sound in comparison to the SE.

13. tunes
    Giant sound stage? I thought the SE had as large a sound stage as the V2?? So does the Susvara have an even larger sound stage than the V 2 or SE?

14. dcguy73
    (edited a bunch of times for clarity)

I probably shouldn't have referenced the v2's giant soundstage. My point was that the SE possess a focus that the v2 lack (for example, the SE make it much easier to pick out the various instruments playing in an orchestra, a lot like the clarity and precision that I heard during the time I spent auditioning the Focal Clear). I speculated that is because the V2s are so laid-back (and maybe their giant soundstage contributes?) while the SE are a more-forward pair of headphones.

I'm honestly not sure how to describe the SE's soundstage. It's different from the v2's, but I want to wait for more burn-in and do more listening before commenting on that.

llcook51 likes this.
  15. koven Contributor
    Norne audio is the way to go for cables.

Wildcatsare1, llcook51 and ufospls2 like this.
First

Back
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Next

Last