1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hifiman HE1000-SE

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by ufospls2, Aug 10, 2018.
First

Back
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Next

Last
  1. UsoppNoKami
    The HE1000SE has very nice tonality, musical and superb extension in both the bass and top end. It's really enjoyable out of both tubes & SS amps.

I owned the Arya after hearing a HE1000V2 and liking it, but in a direct A/B recently i found that the Arya had a bit more bass than the HE1KV2 and a touch less clarity, whilst the HE1KV2 was smooth but lacked some kick. The HE1000SE has everything and more, the soundstage / imaging is even better with the improved clarity that the SE brings to the table.

Highly recommend this to anyone sitting on the fence :)

IMG_20190208_110920.jpg IMG_20190205_093116.jpg IMG_20190208_133325.jpg

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    llcook51, dcguy73, Articnoise and 2 others like this.
  2. thecrow
    How does the he1000se compare to the he6?

I have hekv2 and wondering which way to go

3. Zowie1
    Has anyone used these headphones with Ifi Pro iDSD? If you have, how was the sound?

4. weasel1979
    The he6 is not a step up from the 1000v2. (Resolution, staging, bass, seperation... ) Unless you seek a very bright headphone. The 1000se is a step up, according to almost every review.

UsoppNoKami likes this.
  5. dcguy73
    Guess I'm joining this group. I just mailed my pair of HE-1000v2 headphones to Hifiman for the upgrade to the HE-1000SE version. I really wanted to demo the 1000SE before committing to the upgrade, but there are no local stores that have them available for demo. I've loved my HE-1000v2 headphones since I got them a year ago. Their soundstage is amazing, but they were a little too laid-back for me. I'm hoping the SE version will be a better all-rounder. :)

6. Articnoise
    Lovely pictures man!

Any chance that you can tell me how the Liquid Platinum sound driving SE compared to the amp in the AudioGD Master-11.

7. chimney189
    I sometimes get the same feeling from the HE-1000v2. I hope to hear your impressions when you get them!

dcguy73 likes this.
  8. Articnoise
    To me the stock HE6 has too much treble energy and need to be modified to sound good. The HE6 is also very hard to drive and really requires a powerful amp to shine. Even with mod the HE6 can be a bit raw and almost aggressive sounded compared to the more sophisticated sounded HE1000se.

The HE6 is overall rawer and more forcefully sounded and has a bit more punch in the bass, but the bass can sound a bit overpowered and bloomy compared to SE that has a bit deeper and clearly better defined bass.

The mod HE6 mids and treble are good and has god dynamic and definition, but the mids and treble are not as refined, delicate and nuanced as the SE.

The sound of the HE6 is not as open and effortless sounded as on the SE. The tonal balance is good on my modified HE6, but not as balanced as the SE.

If I had to choose only one HP it definitely would be the HE1000se, but that’s me.

Turdski, thecrow and dcguy73 like this.
  9. Hifi59
    I felt the same way but it turned out to be an excellent decision going to the SE. To me, they address any shortcomings that the V2 may have had and then some.
    Beautiful soundstage, improved transparency, even less distortion and not as laid back. Perfectly balanced to my ears.

Gibson59 and dcguy73 like this.
  10. Hifi59
    I have both and on my gear (Wells Audio) the HE-6 are not bright at all. They have a superbly open and clean high end and like you said, a more raw and forceful sound.
    Bass is not boomy at all imo, but is deep and tight. Same for the HE-1kse, but slightly more rounded and refined. My HE-6 (6screw) are not modded but I am using the newest HiFiman PaliPads ear pads, and they sound fantastic, especially in the bass department. Tighter and even deeper. Very nice. Having said all that, I do prefer my HE-1k SE over the HE-6.

11. llcook51
    I feel the same way. I am sending my HEKv2 in tomorrow, for the upgrade to the HEKSE.

dcguy73 likes this.
  12. chimney189
    Interesting, because I've read some reviews on that state the HE-1000 V2 is too bright. :p
    To me it feels more like a painting with perfect transitions from one color to the next, yet the HE-1000v2 is lacking some distinctness.. am I bashing cohesiveness? :O

13. macx
    Hey just got a pair of he1000se and wanted to use my lazuli reference cable from my utopia with them, I would need what appears to be a female lemo to 3.5 any recommendations?

14. dcguy73
  15. auricgoldfinger
First

Back
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Next

Last