Hifiman HE1000-SE
Dec 7, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #3,046 of 5,252
now i have a Schiit Jotunheim 1 multibit dac , do you think it's ok for now until i buy a better amp / dac, I plan to buy Violectric HPA V550 then dac Matrix - X-SABER 3, but in the meantime I would drive with cheaper amp / dac, tnx
I never had Schiit Dacs, but people like them and Violectric it is right choice, I had Violectric V281 and I real like this amp , on my taste much better than SPL Phonitor, maybe you should try rme adi 2 dac , i saw some one try to sale on Head Fi for 800 , I think it’s good deal . I have He1000se and they’re one of my favorite headphones how they sound and definitely most comfortable ones

Dec 7, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #3,047 of 5,252
I never had Schiit Dacs, but people like them and Violectric it is right choice, I had Violectric V281 and I real like this amp , on my taste much better than SPL Phonitor, maybe you should try rme adi 2 dac , i saw some one try to sale on Head Fi for 800 , I think it’s good deal . I have He1000se and they’re one of my favorite headphones how they sound and definitely most comfortable ones
everyone praises rme adi 2 dac but I think it is outdated, Matrix - X-SABER 3 I will take because it has a streamer and as it turns out also a very good Dac

Dec 7, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #3,050 of 5,252
What is "outdated" about it?
I think there are better ones today, the chip is outdated, but it's really something special, a lot of features, I won't tell you, everyone has their own beliefs, only sound counts, I think Gustard X26 Pro DAC is better and there is no such difference in money but I decided to take the Matrix - X-SABER 3 mainly because of the streamer and also the good Dac
Does anyone have an idea for a good streamer, I cast an eye on VOLUMIO3 and Bluesound NODE, if anyone else knows of a good streamer, please let me know

Dec 7, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #3,051 of 5,252
I think there are better ones today, the chip is outdated, but it's really something special, a lot of features, I won't tell you, everyone has their own beliefs, only sound counts, I think Gustard X26 Pro DAC is better and there is no such difference in money but I decided to take the Matrix - X-SABER 3 mainly because of the streamer and also the good Dac
Does anyone have an idea for a good streamer, I cast an eye on VOLUMIO3 and Bluesound NODE, if anyone else knows of a good streamer, please let me know
How much do you know about the chip technology and DSP algorithms to judge a chip to be outdated?

I can see your point if you prefer a built-in streamer but otherwise I don't see the basis, really. My ADI-2 DAC (also have the Pro version) is sitting on my $9000 T+A HA200, and I can say that I prefer using it as a DAC especially with its excellent DSP feature set, than the built-in DAC which is actually a TOTL quality device. It is a superb audiophile toolkit.

Dec 7, 2021 at 8:58 PM Post #3,052 of 5,252
How much do you know about the chip technology and DSP algorithms to judge a chip to be outdated?

I can see your point if you prefer a built-in streamer but otherwise I don't see the basis, really. My ADI-2 DAC (also have the Pro version) is sitting on my $9000 T+A HA200, and I can say that I prefer using it as a DAC especially with its excellent DSP feature set, than the built-in DAC which is actually a TOTL quality device. It is a superb audiophile toolkit.
in all probability you are right not everything in the chip also how is implement. What do you think is ADI-2 DAC better then Violectric DHA V590 MK2 build in Dac?

Dec 8, 2021 at 2:11 AM Post #3,054 of 5,252
Yup absolutely. I am waiting on a calibration set of headphones to arrive from Crinacle first, so I will see how far off my rig is from the GRAS standard rig and then maybe apply a compensation curve accordingly. But based on the measurements done so far for headphones (HD 6XX, Meze 99 Neo, HIFIMAN Arya, Audeze LCD-XC) it seems fine enough.
Thank you! When I apply Crinacles compensation EQ setting for HEkSE it sounds weird...

Dec 8, 2021 at 2:18 AM Post #3,055 of 5,252
Question for long term HEkSE user, will that excessive treble energy calm down over the time? And will sound stage depth improve too? I'm burnin my with pink noise because it that treble energy is killing me. :frowning2: End I perceive lacking sound stage depth (front-back) compared to ma AryaV2, left-right stage is nice. THX!

Dec 8, 2021 at 3:22 AM Post #3,058 of 5,252
No, but you can always apply a little EQ to tame it down.
Thank you! But I'm not a big fan of EQ, some said Arya is treble hot but I was perfectly OK without EQ with Arya. Overall HEkSE is superb but that treble is ruining it. Well recorded songs are OK, but listening to Radio paradise is no go for 90% of time for me. :frowning2: I'm afraid I need to return them and get Susvara or step back to Arya. :frowning2:

Dec 8, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #3,059 of 5,252
Thank you! But I'm not a big fan of EQ, some said Arya is treble hot but I was perfectly OK without EQ with Arya. Overall HEkSE is superb but that treble is ruining it. Well recorded songs are OK, but listening to Radio paradise is no go for 90% of time for me. :frowning2: I'm afraid I need to return them and get Susvara or step back to Arya. :frowning2:
You can always swap the pads with the ones I mentioned a few pages back. Those pads, along with the foam insert really does tame the treble of the headphones and brings it a little closer to neutral

Dec 8, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #3,060 of 5,252
Question for long term HEkSE user, will that excessive treble energy calm down over the time? And will sound stage depth improve too? I'm burnin my with pink noise because it that treble energy is killing me. :frowning2: End I perceive lacking sound stage depth (front-back) compared to ma AryaV2, left-right stage is nice. THX!
You should really consider your cables and DAC/Amp. With HEKSEs you need full copper cables I use the Moon Audio Black Dragon. But there are a lot of makers out there. The. Equipment should be on the neutral to darker side. Thea are amazing out of my TT2/M-Scaler combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back