Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Jan 31, 2024 at 7:33 PM Post #14,117 of 14,653
99% sure you'd be better off with them cut
Yes unless you want a slightly more veiled sound. The OG pads or Dekonis don't come with mesh. And just FYI folks, I couldn't for the life of me get the OG off - I thought I was going to break something. I watched YT vids and it all seemed easy. Watched DEkoni vid and he slips a prying tool in first. I got my daughter's Lego tool and it worked beautifully. And @Slackaveli, in Oz, there is a wait until mod-end of March for Dekoni pads (only sold in 1 store apparently - Addicted to Audio.....and on DEkoni site it was going to cost me $196 USD with is over $300 AUD......... guess i'm waiting......

Update - called Addicted to Audio and they had 1 pair in stock, despite saying OOS. Bought and they are sending out!!

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2024 at 10:46 PM Post #14,118 of 14,653
Is the He1000Se will have a new update in the near future? Worried if i get this now and there is a newer update in the very near future.

Jan 31, 2024 at 11:08 PM Post #14,119 of 14,653
Is the He1000Se will have a new update in the near future? Worried if i get this now and there is a newer update in the very near future.
I have never heard this mentioned but I did hea r rumour that the Sus may get an update, making existing Sus (still almost impossible to drive haha) much cheaper. But take this with an absolute pinch of salt at this stage. And even if the HEKSE did get upgraded, the current iteration is magnificent IMO, so I wouldn't be worried getting it at all... Just my $0.02

HPs like Focal Utopia OG apparently had flaws and the new iteration of them is a huge step up (I've only tried Utopia 22) but as I said, the current iteration of STealth and SE is fabulous.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2024 at 11:13 PM Post #14,120 of 14,653
That would be a legit concern if it was still $3499, but, it's $1999 and well worth I think.

Feb 1, 2024 at 12:12 AM Post #14,121 of 14,653
I haven't tried V2 (but a mate has one he thinks its better than Stealths.
I don't like to use the word "better"--I also prefer my v2 to the Stealth which I just returned to HiFiMAN yesterday after listening to them on my chain for ~3 weeks. Nothing wrong with the Stealth, at all--it's definitely an excellent sounding headphone and in my opinion you'd be hard pressed to find a headphone in this price range that sounds this good. Definitely a TOTL headphone without the TOTL pricing, and an endgame as well--but again, just my preference.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2024 at 2:02 AM Post #14,123 of 14,653
FWIW, when I looked earlier today (January 31 still for me) at a couple online shops (audio46 & headphones.com), including Hifiman online store **other than refurbished**, I could not find HEKSE listed....

EDIT: check that; just went to headphones.com and found them...I swear they weren't there only a few hours ago. Still not showing at audio46 when searching by brand.

4cv6qe.gif

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2024 at 2:18 AM Post #14,124 of 14,653
FWIW, when I looked earlier today (January 31 still for me) at a couple online shops (audio46 & headphones.com), including Hifiman online store **other than refurbished**, I could not find HEKSE listed....

EDIT: check that; just went to headphones.com and found them...I swear they weren't there only a few hours ago. Still not showing at audio46 when searching by brand.

4cv6qe.gif
For all those in USA (I'm In Oz but have bought from Underwood before), check link-price is same as Hifiman store but they advise calling for a better deal!!!! I'd ;love to know what the deals are...
https://www.underwoodhifi.com/products/hifiman

Feb 1, 2024 at 2:21 AM Post #14,125 of 14,653

4cv6qe.gif
I dont get it what are you trying to say.

Feb 1, 2024 at 2:25 AM Post #14,126 of 14,653

4cv6qe.gif
Audio46 is just out. they got them at Soundapproach rn. https://soundapproach.com/hifiman-he1000se-planar-magnetic-over-ear-headphones.html $1799 when you get in cart it gives you 10% off automatically.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2024 at 6:36 AM Post #14,127 of 14,653
Even if there is an update, it doesn't mean the original instantly is bad

Feb 1, 2024 at 3:06 PM Post #14,128 of 14,653
Even if there is an update, it doesn't mean the original instantly is bad
And the update wouldnt be $1999 either. Probably back to 2499 or 2999.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back