Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Jul 18, 2023 at 3:19 PM Post #13,126 of 14,653
You want an airy and diffuse sound:
take the V2.

You want a direct, precise sound, with a lot of impact and punchy bass:
take the V2 Stealth.
I couldn't - for the life of me - describe my HE1000v2 as 'diffuse' - ANd seriously, I have all punch and slam and impact I desire.

Jul 18, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #13,127 of 14,653
I couldn't - for the life of me - describe my HE1000v2 as 'diffuse' - ANd seriously, I have all punch and slam and impact I desire.
The v2, having non-stealth magnets, has a bit of that" planar haze/sheen" i personally like.I get that in my S12pro IEMs .
That makes some people perceive the v2 as being difuse only in comparison to the stealth magnet HE1000v3,SE and Susvara which are separation and detail monsters.

Jul 18, 2023 at 6:33 PM Post #13,128 of 14,653
Yeah i tried/owned Sundara, XS, Ananda, Arya Stealth all. It was surprising to hear that their hierarchy was accurate. You can hear the jump. But also they all were going for different type of sound despite having very similar frequency response.
Arya and Ananda goes for that speaker like soundstage 60 degree in front. XS gives you surround kind of soundstage which works somewhat better for games and movies. Sundara is pretty much standard headphone in this front. XS goes for v shape sound, Ananda goes for romantic texture and mid, Arya goes for energetic fast sound, Sundara also aims for energetic fast sharp sound. XS sound somewhat loose, Ananda sound light and soft, Arya sound bold.

I'm very curious about HE1000 Stealth right now. Hopefully i will be able to get one. Slowly going up in Hifiman ladder :gs1000smile:
Arya Stealth kinda feels like combination of Sundara and Ananda to me from my memory. I hope HE1000 Stealth is like combination of XS and Arya Stealth.
Hek stealth is amazing!!!!! I own sendy peacocks s as me I did own abyss Diana v2s ( sold them). Hek stealths blow them all out of the water!!!!!

Jul 18, 2023 at 6:36 PM Post #13,129 of 14,653
The v2, having non-stealth magnets, has a bit of that" planar haze/sheen" i personally like.I get that in my S12pro IEMs .
That makes some people perceive the v2 as being difuse only in comparison to the stealth magnet HE1000v3,SE and Susvara which are separation and detail monsters.
The V2's treble presentation changes quite a bit depending on how you're wearing the headphones on your head. The V2 should sound very precise without haze if you've got it at the sweet spot.

Jul 19, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #13,130 of 14,653
Got myself a HE1000 stealth coming in a few days. I was actually searching for a V2 since I read that its character would better compliment the Utopias I have currently, but I stumbled across a really great deal on an almost brand new pair of stealth. Never owned a planar before (although have heard a few in the past) and this will be my first time hearing or owning a Hifiman headphone. Fingers crossed:fingers_crossed:
Definitely, if you want something that compliments the utopia even better its the SE.

Jul 19, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #13,131 of 14,653
Hey folks,

I'm thinking about purchasing a HE1000V2 stealth or non-stealth. Can't decide which to go for.. they seem to cost the same. Anyone able to share their personal opinion who has tried both versions and explain which you preferred and why? Thanks!

Jul 19, 2023 at 11:21 PM Post #13,132 of 14,653
Hey folks,

I'm thinking about purchasing a HE1000V2 stealth or non-stealth. Can't decide which to go for.. they seem to cost the same. Anyone able to share their personal opinion who has tried both versions and explain which you preferred and why? Thanks!
Seems like you'll be buying the HEKV2 because there is no Stealth Edition of the V2. In any case, I've not had the opportunity to hear the HEK Stealth or the HEKSE, but did listen to the original HEK in home and thought it sounded good, but just a bit too relaxing for me. I've owned both, the Susvara and HEKV2 at the same time for a cowpoke of months and I preferred the HE1KV2 to the Susvara and have had the V2 along side my original Utopia for 5+yrs now. Sorry I couldn't help you more specifically with your question.

Jul 19, 2023 at 11:40 PM Post #13,133 of 14,653
Seems like you'll be buying the HEKV2 because there is no Stealth Edition of the V2. In any case, I've not had the opportunity to hear the HEK Stealth or the HEKSE, but did listen to the original HEK in home and thought it sounded good, but just a bit too relaxing for me. I've owned both, the Susvara and HEKV2 at the same time for a cowpoke of months and I preferred the HE1KV2 to the Susvara and have had the V2 along side my original Utopia for 5+yrs now. Sorry I couldn't help you more specifically with your question.
Curious what was the amp used for the V2 vs Susvara comparison.

Jul 20, 2023 at 6:49 AM Post #13,135 of 14,653
There is a stealth edition.. the HE1000v2 was also updated to now use stealth magnets. There is a HEKv2 Stealth, HEKv2 Non-stealth (og with 3.5mm), and the HEKSE which sports the darker colorway. I know.. things are starting to get really confusing in their line-up. I think it's really just more to do with them discontinueing the old magnets..

Jul 20, 2023 at 7:19 AM Post #13,136 of 14,653
There is a stealth edition.. the HE1000v2 was also updated to now use stealth magnets. There is a HEKv2 Stealth, HEKv2 Non-stealth (og with 3.5mm), and the HEKSE which sports the darker colorway. I know.. things are starting to get really confusing in their line-up. I think it's really just more to do with them discontinueing the old magnets..
Haha - I was confused too at the start but quickly corrected by "those in the know". I had Edition XS, tried SEs and was blown away but couldn't afford them. Fast forward to 2023, I go in to buy the SEs as I loved them and I tried the stealths but AB'd vs the SEs. Even the salesperson didn't completely know the difference (but I did by now haha) - I was able to correct him. He thought the Stealths were V3. No - V1, then V2 (both non-stealth) then Stealth (not V2 or V3) and during this time, the SEs (Special Edition which happen to be Stealths too). I loved both the Stealths and the SEs but ended up buying the Stealths (and had $$ for SEs) due to extra treble emphasis which was in no way sibilant!! SEs were a bit too laid back in comparison and Stealths seemed clearer, punchier, more dynmaic (to my ears). Got em homa and DO NOT REGRET my decison 1 bit!!!!!! These could be my end gamers..........

Jul 20, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #13,138 of 14,653
Ok wow.. my confusion has been cleared up, ty all. What I’m referring to as the v2 stealth is actually properly called a he1000 stealth..

Has anyone by chance had a chance to compare a he1000v2 vs he1000 stealth vs Arya organic?

I’m curious if it makes sense to buy a hek of either type or Arya organic with the price difference only being 100$ between these models…

Note- I tend to prefer heavier bass, easy treble (not too emphasized) and I love good mids (especially lower mids for instruments and vocals).

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2023 at 9:51 AM Post #13,140 of 14,653

Stealth has sharper treble, v2 is warmer and wider. I kept the v2. Previously had the susvara, but got sick of the eternal amp/driving hunt. Sold it for meze elite. Think I will get the hifiman-need covered by v2. Also had the hekSE. They were close to sus but with a haze to the sound and sharper treble directly compared to susvara.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back