Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Feb 23, 2023 at 4:06 AM Post #11,716 of 14,653
I’m wishing they would come out with a standalone himalaya R2R DAC. I don’t need or want the amp but a good affordable R2R DAC would be intriguing
Honestly at that price it could just be a r2r dac and a headphone stand lol.

Feb 23, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #11,717 of 14,653
There's a ton of R-2R dac options out there...I think HFM is aiming for convenience for the everyday user out there. I really like this new minimalistic design. Power output only seems marginally better but hopefully sound quality wise it's a big leap.

Feb 23, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #11,720 of 14,653
You paid more than a few bucks for coffee, just go straight to the support.
I probably could get a swap, I'm in the first month of return period
But I'm worried to receive an even worse unit: this one at least is pristine sonically, with perfect channel balance.
HFM and quality should not be put in the same sentence, unless you add a "not" somewhere in there :face_palm:
:face_palm: :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
True, but my Ananda and Arya were built less sloppily than this. I wonder if they had some trouble with the factory closing due to covid in the last months.

Feb 23, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #11,722 of 14,653
Last implementations of AK chips ( 4499 series , evolving rapidly ) provide a nice base> to be coupled with a muscolar clean amp. The results are convincing , smooth in transients ( no grain or edges ) , plenty of details and very good stage picture . I have one of them ..brand/name is " Gustard" ; but it is just one.

I can speak only for He1000 V2 original as I havent heard HE1000 Stealth version but can confirm this impression. He1000 V2 OG have excellent synergy with iBasso DX300 MAX (AK4499 based DAC with powerful amp section). Great bass/subbass, fantastic layering with holographic soundstage. Smooth midrange and even treble seems slightly tamed - at least in comparison with iBasso DX90 ( ESS Sabre DAC).
Anyway thank you all for your impressions and comparisons related to various Hifiman headphones. Its been an enjoyable read, especially for those who havent heard different Hifiman models of the HEK or Arya series.

Feb 23, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #11,723 of 14,653
There's a ton of R-2R dac options out there...I think HFM is aiming for convenience for the everyday user out there. I really like this new minimalistic design. Power output only seems marginally better but hopefully sound quality wise it's a big leap.
Their in-house made r2r solution is better than the one in most r2r dacs. They supposedly really improved the design.

This is what they say about it-
"
HIFIMAN’s Hymalaya Pro consists of an array of highly accurate resistors that use a “ladder” method of conversion. This approach converts the digital signal with maximum accuracy and overall musicality. Signal-to-noise ratio, total harmonic distortion, and energy consumption are at their musical and efficient best. Hymalaya Pro supports the common PCM signal transmitted by the most common IIS (Integrated Interface of Sound) audio interface, with a maximum 24Bit resolution.

The EF600 includes two Hymalaya Pro modules for unsurpassed sonic output, especially when compared to the more commonplace PCM1704k module. The Hymalaya Pro, with the added support of a new algorithm and 0.01% precision resistors, reaches a THD (total harmonic distortion) rate of -60dB 2%. In plain English, distortion is reduced to a previously unheard of low with no audible distractions."

Feb 23, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #11,724 of 14,653
Their in-house made r2r solution is better than the one in most r2r dacs. They supposedly really improved the design.

This is what they say about it-
"
HIFIMAN’s Hymalaya Pro consists of an array of highly accurate resistors that use a “ladder” method of conversion. This approach converts the digital signal with maximum accuracy and overall musicality. Signal-to-noise ratio, total harmonic distortion, and energy consumption are at their musical and efficient best. Hymalaya Pro supports the common PCM signal transmitted by the most common IIS (Integrated Interface of Sound) audio interface, with a maximum 24Bit resolution.

The EF600 includes two Hymalaya Pro modules for unsurpassed sonic output, especially when compared to the more commonplace PCM1704k module. The Hymalaya Pro, with the added support of a new algorithm and 0.01% precision resistors, reaches a THD (total harmonic distortion) rate of -60dB 2%. In plain English, distortion is reduced to a previously unheard of low with no audible distractions."
That's mostly marketing jargon to me...will see how good it is once it launches.

The original Himalayan DAC in EF400 wasn't bad, but wasn't anything special either. I think it was priced accordingly.

Feb 23, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #11,726 of 14,653
Feb 23, 2023 at 3:06 PM Post #11,728 of 14,653
for some reasons I don't think HifiMan are fit for producing good amps/dacs ,
it is like they are left with no options ( as someone said their totl lineup is hard to best and also update in a meaningful way possibly , maybe it can be done but .. it takes time research and who knows , so ..what to do in the meanwhile?.. nevetheless there's lot of market for r2r dacs and all-in-one combo now , so why not )

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #11,729 of 14,653
this is pure advertising :wink:
oh no doubt, it's salesmanship.
What I gleaned from it was -
-it's a revision, hopefully improved.
-there two dacs instead of one.
-they are calling out the PCM1704k an unequivocally claiming to best it.

My eyes just gloss over the marketing jargon lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back