Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Mar 19, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #2,296 of 14,670
  the he1000 is NOT a direct successor to the he-6. there will be something else released in the future to replace the he-6.

It is in the sense that it will be the new flagship model.

Mar 19, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #2,297 of 14,670
I was expecting this kind of pricing, but $2500 was my best bet. Hope one day it'll come down to $2500 much like the HE500, HE6, RE600. Wish Fang devotes some time in making something like the HE Jade at a decent price level (within $1500) in the future. 

Mar 19, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #2,298 of 14,670
  the he1000 is NOT a direct successor to the he-6. there will be something else released in the future to replace the he-6.

Yeah, going to wait to see if something will be released. Leaning towards the HE6s now because I know I would enjoy them.

Mar 19, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #2,299 of 14,670

It is in the sense that it will be the new flagship model.

Yes, you are sorta right, but think of when Audeze announced the LCD-3. Yes, it was the new flagship over their previous LCD-2 flagship, but it was not a direct successor to the LCD-2. It was a higher-tier flagship as they were able to learn from their previous products and expand the potential much higher.

Mar 19, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #2,300 of 14,670
  Yeah, going to wait to see if something will be released. Leaning towards the HE6s now because I know I would enjoy them.

nothing wrong with waiting, but just be prepared to wait a while :)

(not based on anything official, just my personal thoughts)

Mar 19, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #2,301 of 14,670

I wonder if the release of the HE1000 might result in a price drop for the HE6? If nothing else, there should be a gaggle of them coming onto the sceond hand market as folks upgrade. There might be some opportunities to pick up a nice modded HE6 for a good price.

Mar 19, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #2,302 of 14,670

Has Fang come out and said this himself? (if so please post the link)  It really does not make any sense to me to release a so called HE-6 successor.  In my mind that's what these are.  You're saying ther're not - my question is why not?

I guess unless he's making a new catagory of HiFiMan headphoes with these.  The HE-x000 series.  

I mean the 560 replaced the 500 that replaced the 5LE, that replaced the 5.  So why isn't this replacing the HE-6?  It is HiFiMans new Flagship that's replacing the current Flagship - correct?

Mar 19, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #2,303 of 14,670

I wonder if the release of the HE1000 might result in a price drop for the HE6? If nothing else, there should be a gaggle of them coming onto the sceond hand market as folks upgrade. There might be some opportunities to pick up a nice modded HE6 for a good price.

Like these?  
biggrin.gif

Mar 19, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #2,304 of 14,670

Like these?  
biggrin.gif

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice
tongue_smile.gif

I am guessing (and it is just a guess) that many of the hardcore modded HE6 enthusiasts will be thinking hard about the upgrade to the HE1000 in the next 12 - 18 months. Do you keep the modded HE6 as a backup, just in case something bad happens with the HE1000, or sell it to recoup some $$$?

Mar 19, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #2,306 of 14,670

I think that the “price drop” will not hit the HE6 more than any other flagship, if anything I think the Stax SR 009 and Abyss will drop more in secondhand price?

Mar 19, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #2,308 of 14,670

I think that the “price drop” will not hit the HE6 more than any other flagship, if anything I think the Stax SR 009 and Abyss will drop more in secondhand price?

The impact on Abyss pricing is going to be interesting. First impressions I have read is that the HE1000 offers roughly equivalent (or better) SQ than the Abyss at a substantially lower price point. That has to have the JPS labs people more than a little worried? I think we might see a drop in the Abyss price in the next 12 months if the HE1000 dominates the high end planar market (as seems likely at this point - barring any catastrophic product QA issues).

Not so sure that what happens in dynamic / planar world crosses over all that much into the electrostatic arena. I don't know of that many folks that play in the high end of both camps. Financially that is a tough play. Could easily be wrong on this, of course.

Mar 19, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #2,309 of 14,670

I've already played the "can I sell enough of my headphones and buy this $3K beast?" game and I can do it while keeping most of my favorites.............but the HE-6 would have to go to make it work.  And that makes me pause.................

A year ago I didn't think a headphone/any headphone could sound as good as my HE-6 (yes, fully modded) sounds today and tho I'm pretty darn content with them I have a bit of wanderlust in me and I can only imagine how good the HE-1000 might be.  I'm with some of you tho - I'll need months of good reviews, no driver failures, consistent sound reports and then I may consider it.   I had a driver failure on my HE-6 two weeks into ownership that cost me $230 along with a week's worth of horrible mis-communication and frustration with a customer service person in China who just didn't get the point, and still I am considering investing $3K in this company.  

Time will tell but the HE-6 fed right is incredible.  I just had a week hiatus from them and when I put them back on Sunday it was such a reminder just how much I love their sound.  To think that the HE-1000 is a lot better boggles the mind.................

Mar 19, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #2,310 of 14,670
  Has Fang come out and said this himself? (if so please post the link)  It really does not make any sense to me to release a so called HE-6 successor.  In my mind that's what these are.  You're saying ther're not - my question is why not?

I guess unless he's making a new catagory of HiFiMan headphoes with these.  The HE-x000 series.  

I mean the 560 replaced the 500 that replaced the 5LE, that replaced the 5.  So why isn't this replacing the HE-6?  It is HiFiMans new Flagship that's replacing the current Flagship - correct?

Like you said yourself, the naming scheme is a dead give away.

no official source or quotes that i can give you.

there just appears to be a giant hole between the $900 he-560 and the $3000 he-1000. seems inevitable that a he-6xx will fall in between there in the future (esp considering the old he-6 retail msrp was $1.3k).

remember hifiman is directly competing with audeze & oppo as those are the only three companies that currently manufacture original planar dynamic headphones. would be foolish for hifiman to release an entry that undercuts their competition in price & a product that outperforms their competitors at a higher price, but forget to release one that directly competes at that price point between $1-$2k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back