Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Mar 19, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #2,251 of 14,798
Hmmm the thing I want to know is when someone will have the balls to modify such an expensive headphone:evil:

Mar 19, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #2,253 of 14,798
Im serious. My savings are not in the bank, and I save in the bank only enought for what I wish to buy. 
I dont have any outstanding credit, so i can manage that sort of movements, but take in consideration that in the USA, in terms of dollars, wages are usually higher than in Poland by a rather wide margin (most of the times in terms of X times).

Its in a this kind of product is one you look at and say, OK, ill buy it in 5 years, when inflation has dropped its price by half, and perhaps even more due to newer products.

I know in the USA 3K is not THAT much, but few people in Poland have a paycheck of 3K... and im quite sure that the same would go for most countries that are not as strong as Germany economically speaking :D.

Catspaw, the streets here are not paved with gold, $3,000 is still a lot of money for a luxury toy.

Now, I really don't need that extra kidney :wink:!

Mar 19, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #2,254 of 14,798
also, personal opinion. how many ppl here have multiple cables or other extra components they really dont use in addition to their main setup? 4 'high quality' cables ends up being $2k. i'll bet you that if most serious memebers here tally up their gear, u spent ~$3k+ anyways... just spread out over time so seems more afforadable. just have to think what stuff is worth the money, but i think a lot of ppl whp think they cant afford smtg like this alrdy spend more than $3k on this hobby over time.

I got no extra cables... Only an asgard amp, using the Z-5500 module as a DAC... So nope, I aint overspending :D.

Mar 19, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #2,255 of 14,798
Catspaw, the streets here are not paved with gold, $3,000 is still a lot of money for a luxury toy.

Now, I really don't need that extra kidney :wink:!

Yeah, I know. but I lived in the US and was making far more cash then in Poland at this point (and in Poland the job I am at is harder :D).

Mar 19, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #2,256 of 14,798
I guess $3000 isn't too unreasonable if they're as good as they sound so far. What's one weeks pay for a lifetime of musical entertainment.

See I'm already slowly convincing myself to buy these, the hard part will be convincing the wife!

Mar 19, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #2,257 of 14,798

Why would they price them around the top of the range Audeze models when (by all accounts) the latter aren't competative in performance? 
Though no doubt Audeze are breathing a sigh of relief.

Same technology (orthos). When you jump $1000, you're getting into high-end Stax territory, not taking the amps into account. I consider the LCD-3 overpriced at 2k, I don't think going to 3k does anyone any good, not when the previous Hifiman flagship was $1300. And not when I get two brand new HD800's at that retail price (3 used!)

Mar 19, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #2,259 of 14,798
And for people saying $3000 USD is not a lot of money...yes it is. Especially for a luxury "toy". Maybe not in terms of $20,000 speakers and $30,000 DAC's, but in real life, it's a lot of money.

Mar 19, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #2,261 of 14,798
Hmmm the thing I want to know is when someone will have the balls to modify such an expensive headphone:evil:

hahah... you know i think dr. fang does appear to be taking into account how ppl like to do grill mods & such, and he is already incorporating as minimal grill as possible for the best possible sound into the current design. looks like he removed even more grill since the last prototype. good to see him fine-tuning things even more & i am excited to see how much more performance he can get outta these since the very impressive version I heard previously. methinks even jerg will have a hard time finding a way to mod these for improvement as these seem to alrdy be "grill modded" hahah.

Same technology (orthos). When you jump $1000, you're getting into high-end Stax territory, not taking the amps into account. I consider the LCD-3 overpriced at 2k, I don't think going to 3k does anyone any good, not when the previous Hifiman flagship was $1300. And not when I get two brand new HD800's at that retail price (3 used!)

i personally also think the lcd-3's msrp is too high in comparison to the rest of the market. however, they still do sell quite well. the he1k does seem very pricey of course, but compared to the current market & pricing and considering the target audience & their targeted performance, they do appear quite reasonably priced. whether they are personally affordable is a very different matter all together hahah!

For something technically on par with the best electrostatic headphones in the world and doesn't require a specific amp at the same price - 3k is a bargain (in our world).

+1. i agree with this.

Mar 19, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #2,262 of 14,798
  For something technically on par with the best electrostatic headphones in the world and doesn't require a specific amp at the same price - 3k is a bargain (in our world).

At 3k, it BETTER be. There really is no goodwill or forgiveness of minor faults at that price. From my experience, I have yet to see or hear a "perfect" Hifiman unit (amp or headphone).

Mar 19, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #2,263 of 14,798
Looking forward to trying them out. The price is quite high though hopefully they live up to it.

Hifiman need to upgrade their warranty though. One year is ridiculous for the prices on their stuff. They do have good customer service but build quality wise my experience with them has been pretty spotty. No way I'm gonna pay 3000$ on a one year warranty...even the he-560 was pushing it.

Mar 19, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #2,265 of 14,798
  Looking forward to trying them out. The price is quite high though hopefully they live up to it.

Hifiman need to upgrade their warranty though. One year is ridiculous for the prices on their stuff. They do have good customer service but build quality wise my experience with them has been pretty spotty. No way I'm gonna pay 3000$ on a one year warranty...even the he-560 was pushing it.

That's very good point, I think Audeze is 3 years, Senn 2 years (Canada), Hifiman should offer at least 3 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back