Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Apr 19, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #12,151 of 14,689
Very helpful thank you! I'm still on the fence between which one to get. I can get stealth new for $1400 but V2 used for $1750. But the Stealth has so many mixed impressions between people compared to the V2 where everyone agrees that its good. So we'll see.
Comes down to sound signature preference.
He1000v2 is Netural Warm, and He1000 Stealth is Neutral Bright. They will need different DAC and amps pairings to cater to your preferred sound signature.

When I had the Arya Stealth (Neutral Bright) - it paired well with the Ares 2 (neutral warmish) and Singxer Sa1 (warmish). But when I got the He1000v2 that DAC and Amp combo wasn't ideal anymore, the sound signature became too warm, soft and liquidity.

Apr 19, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #12,152 of 14,689
Comes down to sound signature preference.
He1000v2 is Netural Warm, and He1000 Stealth is Neutral Bright. They will need different DAC and amps pairings to cater to your preferred sound signature.

When I had the Arya Stealth (Neutral Bright) - it paired well with the Ares 2 (neutral warmish) and Singxer Sa1 (warmish). But when I got the He1000v2 that DAC and Amp combo wasn't ideal anymore, the sound signature became too warm, soft and liquidity.
Very interesting. I might just go for the stealth for the deal and then get some really nice amp/dac. Especially since I have clear mg already that's warm. Sounds like the A90D and D90 stacks are not a really good pairing for the stealth, I'm guessing?

Apr 19, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #12,153 of 14,689
Yeah it is an amazing deal, So I might just pull the trigger on it. I have the Clear MG and SR325x, I'm just looking for as many different type of sound signatures to add to my collection :D Which one would you recommend personally, collection wise? Thanks again for the reply. Once again. I really appreciate the help!
I haven't listened to the Stealth version, so wouldn't be able to give you my honest opinion. Mostly got those impressions from others in this thread.

Personally, if I was in your position, I'd probably go for the Stealth. That's just too good of an offer to pass up. You could probably resell without much of a loss if needed.

Apr 19, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #12,154 of 14,689
I haven't listened to the Stealth version, so wouldn't be able to give you my honest opinion. Mostly got those impressions from others in this thread.

Personally, if I was in your position, I'd probably go for the Stealth. That's just too good of an offer to pass up. You could probably resell without much of a loss if needed.
Alright! I'll pull the trigger on the stealth now. Thanks again~ Now just for the Dac/Amp. I'll wait till more reviews come out for the EF600, or else I'll either get a singxer Sa-1 or the Topping A90D. Not sure about the dacs though, I haven't tried much dac but I don't know if its worth getting the D90 or not.

Or maybe the Xduoo-Ta22 since I've been seeing good reviews about them.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2023 at 5:34 PM Post #12,155 of 14,689
Alright! I'll pull the trigger on the stealth now. Thanks again~ Now just for the Dac/Amp. I'll wait till more reviews come out for the EF600, or else I'll either get a singxer Sa-1 or the Topping A90D. Not sure about the dacs though, I haven't tried much dac but I don't know if its worth getting the D90 or not.

Or maybe the Xduoo-Ta22 since I've been seeing good reviews about them.
TA-22 is very good. It pairs with Arya very well, but not so much with HEKV2. You may have better luck pairing with HE1000 Stealth.

My nitpick with TA-22 is similar with A90D is that it does not portray depth well.

Apr 19, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #12,156 of 14,689
TA-22 is very good. It pairs with Arya very well, but not so much with HEKV2. You may have better luck pairing with HE1000 Stealth.

My nitpick with TA-22 is similar with A90D is that it does not portray depth well.

I see, do you have any favourite amp for around similar prices? Also sounds like the TA-22 wont pair very well with the already warm clear mg.

Apr 19, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #12,157 of 14,689
Very interesting. I might just go for the stealth for the deal and then get some really nice amp/dac. Especially since I have clear mg already that's warm. Sounds like the A90D and D90 stacks are not a really good pairing for the stealth, I'm guessing?
Unless you like cold, bright and analytical.
You probably want to balance the He1000stealth with something warm.

Apr 19, 2023 at 6:16 PM Post #12,158 of 14,689
Yeah, I agree. My favorite amp so far has been the Burson 3xp for the HEKV2. But keep in mind the Stealth has different power requirements so it may be different in your case (you might not need all that power). A moderately powered tube amp might work for you. I'm hoping the EF600 shares some of the same qualities that Burson does well.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023 at 12:11 AM Post #12,160 of 14,689
Would anyone have some travel case to recommend fitting he1000 series? I struggle to take them with me on an airplane and I’m not willing to carry it in a hoodie in a backpack. Dekoni suitcase is the only option I see now, but sth smaller would be ideal
I think Hifiman has its own official carry case. https://store.hifiman.com/index.php/headphone-travel-case.html. I think this should fit the HEK series.
Yeah, I agree. My favorite amp so far has been the Burson 3xp for the HEKV2. But keep in mind the Stealth has different power requirements so it may be different in your case (you might not need all that power). A moderately powered tube amp might work for you. I'm hoping the EF600 shares some of the same qualities that Burson does well.
Unless you like cold, bright and analytical.
You probably want to balance the He1000stealth with something warm.
I see. I think I could actually find Burson 3xp. Yeah I think the stealth is less power demanding, but I'm just looking for a good amp in general for the future too haha.

Apr 20, 2023 at 2:24 AM Post #12,163 of 14,689

Attachments

• IMG_20230420_081010.jpg
    IMG_20230420_081010.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Apr 20, 2023 at 2:26 AM Post #12,164 of 14,689
Is the HE1000 v2 still worth it in 2023? Thanks
Yes, if you like realistic timbre, a big enveloping 3d soundstage (dependent on DAC / amp pairing, clean source, and power). Very comfortable (can listen for hours).

Weakness: not as dynamic as say Focal headphones, and requires quality DAC and AMP to shine (potentially costly). Needs adjustment on the head to find the 'sweet spot'.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back