Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Jan 16, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #722 of 14,653
  Yep, them spiders can spin a thin single thread of Buckminsterfullerine that is then woven in a purl fashion into a sheet.

The sheet is then coated with anisootropic amorphous iron crystals at 15 atoms thickness.

The whole process takes just 15 days per square metre.

The individual diaphragms are the laser cut and edge welded before being doped with unicorn tears and burnished with a piece of blarney stone under the scrutiny of specially trained leprechauns and tooth fairies.

Darn it, no snake oil ! I am so disappointed
frown.gif
biggrin.gif
popcorn.gif

Jan 16, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #723 of 14,653
SilentFrequency said:
Exactly, they really need to let some more head-Fi members hear them :)

My biggest question is will they be as accurate sounding as my hd800 which is the biggest selling high end headphone ever. Plus if they are as good then Sennheiser have some serious competition and may then if not already be working on the hd800 successor?

I would definitely pick them over the HD800. Personally I don't find the HD800 to be accurate. The HE-6 in my mind is a much more acurate and natural sounding hp.

Jan 16, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #724 of 14,653
  Yep, them spiders can spin a thin single thread of Buckminsterfullerine that is then woven in a purl fashion into a sheet.

The sheet is then coated with anisootropic amorphous iron crystals at 15 atoms thickness.

The whole process takes just 15 days per square metre.

The individual diaphragms are the laser cut and edge welded before being doped with unicorn tears and burnished with a piece of blarney stone under the scrutiny of specially trained leprechauns and tooth fairies.

ROFL! Jeez, don't give them any ideas!

Jan 16, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #725 of 14,653
Exactly, they really need to let some more head-Fi members hear them
smily_headphones1.gif

My biggest question is will they be as accurate sounding as my hd800 which is the biggest selling high end headphone ever. Plus if they are as good then Sennheiser have some serious competition and may then if not already be working on the hd800 successor?

The HE6 to me is already better than the HD800 . IF there's a hd800 successor - that remains to be seen and heard

Jan 16, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #726 of 14,653
they have done better than this. hifiman has contacted the aliens from the Roswell crash hidden at area 51 to work for them on the development of the new cans and amp. hence the alien look. sennheiser has used them too for the hd 800 ring driver technology. why bother with the human mind, when you can use alien technology. that explains also the escalation in prices. those aliens ain't cheap.

Jan 16, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #730 of 14,653
I've not heard the HE6 tbh but the hd800 is the best selling headphone in the world so maybe they are doing something very very well for sq?

It's all about preference! I've had both and driven them both properly and I prefer he6 because it's a lot more musical than the hd800. But soundstage wise, no way is he6 going to beat the hd800.

Jan 16, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #732 of 14,653
Great read on the HE-1000 and they are certainly very high on my interest list. Any word on the impedance value and efficiency?

Jan 16, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #733 of 14,653
  Great read on the HE-1000 and they are certainly very high on my interest list. Any word on the impedance value and efficiency?

Thank you!

The HiFiMAN HE1000 pre-production prototype's nominal impedance is 35Ω, and its sensitivity around 90dB. However, it's important to note that these values may change by the time the headphone reaches production.

Jan 16, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #734 of 14,653
Interesting that there's already been a production SNAFU (LOL. I had to mention it), and that the intended finish is a "brushed satin."  Time will tell, I suppose.
Nice write-up 
beerchug.gif

Jan 16, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #735 of 14,653
  I started posting CES 2015 highlights, beginning with HiFiMAN's HE-1000 (which I felt was "best sound of show"). Click on the CES logo below to get there.

Great summary, Jude, very much spot on to what I was hearing as well.

I saw somewhere that the diaphragm is so thin, it can only be manufactured by rare African spiders. Obviously there will be a waiting period.

If it is competing sonically with the Abyss, I would assume it is going to be in the $5000+ range.

I'd say based on my auditions of both, that the HE1000 is a much better performing headphone than the Abyss, whose price is more of a marketing tactic than anything having to do with its' actual performance.

Probably the hype.
biggrin.gif

Just what DXANEX said, thinner diaphragm, better magnets, some kind of wave guide under the pads, and an open-grill. I'm sure that EL1000 is a good part of the magic too.

It'd be nice for some shots of the insides but you can see something under the dust cover over the diaphragm:

As Jude wrote in the post cited above, the HE1000 sounded a bit better with the EF1000, but it was no slouch with the EF6.  There's quite a bit of magic right there in those giant drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back