Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Jan 15, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #676 of 14,653
I listened to the EL8 at CES and yes, the styling is pleasing but nothing stood out like the HE1000. The BMW designing team may be awesome with cars, but for headphone it may be their first time. It is not bad with the EL8, but a totl product like the HE1000 requires a unique, all to its own styling and the HE1000 has it. Personally I would like the grill to be closer together (to better protect the nanometer gossamer membrane), but I am satisfy with what it's got now. If I own this beauty I plan to take it outside and wear it with my portable system for the world to enjoy.

I agree :)

This is such an aesthetically beautiful looking headphone that is deserved of "flagship" status, I think HiFiMan are to be so applauded for producing such amazing styling.

Please be careful that it doesn't rain though when you step outside with your fab HE-1000's though :eek: :)

Jan 15, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #678 of 14,653
Well, with words like hologragraphic, speaker like experience, out of head experience, nanometer gossamer thin membrane, non-symmetrical magnetic structure (whatever that means, I am a sucker for technology), Deep bass, top-to-bottom coherence, an effortless top end, wrapped up in a fully immersive and wildly out-of-the-head experience, the very best headphone on the market today, "maybe the best headphone experience I’ve ever had?” (Scot Hull), Very very good (Tyll). Call me a sucker, but I am all in. My listening repertoire consists of R-10, L3000, Orpheus HE90, SR009, all of Audeze etc, and I of course own the HD800 with a cable that cost more than the phone itself (just to show how irrational I am) Still, I doubt if I can use the above words to describe each of these phones individually. So, I am canceling all my purchasing plan until I audition and possess the beauty.

With that murderers row of headphones you own, your listening opinion I want to hear. 

Jan 15, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #679 of 14,653
I agree :)

Please be careful that it doesn't rain though when you step outside with your fab HE-1000's though :eek: :)

If I wear this outside, I expect, come rain or shine, others will come with their umbrella to shade me, to be close to me, and to worship me :wink:

Jan 15, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #680 of 14,653
With that murderers row of headphones you own, your listening opinion I want to hear. 

I am sorry to mislead you. When I say "listening repertoire" I mean I have listened to these phones extensively, more than just at a quick moment at show and I have discrete and succinct impressions of their character but I wouldn't describe them in those words.

Jan 15, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #681 of 14,653
HE-1000 looks like someone took a midrange planar speaker and attached a headband and earpads to it... seriously the thing is monstrous and I don't doubt it has some surreal spatial imaging and major advantages over smaller planar drivers. SoCal CanJam 2015 couldn't come any sooner?!?
confused_face.gif

Jan 15, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #682 of 14,653
^ true they are bigger but to be fair, I'm guessing the Asian model in the OP is probably a somewhat smaller girl. They look a little more reasonable on this
gentleman.

However if you've ever heard the similarly sized Orpheus, you'll know that cup size doesn't amount to a hill of beans when listening to world class TOTL sound (if they in fact sound as good as early reports).

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #684 of 14,653
  ^ true they are bigger but to be fair, I'm guessing the Asian model in the OP is probably a somewhat smaller girl. They look a little more reasonable on this
gentleman.

However if you've ever heard the similarly sized Orpheus, you'll know that cup size doesn't amount to a hill of beans when listening to world class TOTL sound (if they in fact sound as good as early reports).

They look really nice on Drew's head :)

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #685 of 14,653
Well, with words like hologragraphic, speaker like experience, out of head experience, nanometer gossamer thin membrane, non-symmetrical magnetic structure (whatever that means, I am a sucker for technology), Deep bass, top-to-bottom coherence, an effortless top end, wrapped up in a fully immersive and wildly out-of-the-head experience, the very best headphone on the market today, "maybe the best headphone experience I’ve ever had?” (Scot Hull), Very very good (Tyll). Call me a sucker, but I am all in. My listening repertoire consists of R-10, L3000, Orpheus HE90, SR009, all of Audeze etc, and I of course own the HD800 with a cable that cost more than the phone itself (just to show how irrational I am) Still, I doubt if I can use the above words to describe each of these phones individually. So, I am canceling all my purchasing plan until I audition and possess the beauty.

I am the same as you on the "all-in" bandwagon

Jan 15, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #686 of 14,653
^ true they are bigger but to be fair, I'm guessing the Asian model in the OP is probably a somewhat smaller girl.
[/URL]

Hee hee hee, you are so right, I know those Asian girls, they are about the size of a thirteen yr old American teenager. They will make any phone look big. I really don't mind the size of the HE1000 so long as they are comfortable which look like they are judging from the picture and early report.

Jan 15, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #687 of 14,653
Is there a high end headphone out there that we wouldn't say the same thing about?

I think the Abyss proves that, at the end of the day, we aren't that concerned about how they look when worn.

yep. the he-1000 isn't unique like that.

Jan 15, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #688 of 14,653
I really hope this will be priced within reach. They really seem like something I'd fancy owning :D

Jan 15, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #689 of 14,653
I really hope this will be priced within reach. They really seem like something I'd fancy owning
biggrin.gif

Let me know if you need it shipped to the states and then reshipped to you.  >.>

Jan 15, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #690 of 14,653
  Just spent some time with the HE-1000.  Very impressed.  So very fast, even more comfortable than the HE-560, and the styling is stunning.  Dr. Fang Bian has raised the bar yet again.

Here's a quick panning video of it for you all to enjoy.

/img/vimeo_logo.png 

Video model chiming in!  It's been a week since I heard the HE-1000, and I can't get it out of my head!  The combination of electrostatic speed and openness, with planar bass was simply sublime.  I'm glad more Head-Fiers will get the chance to hear it for themselves at the upcoming event in NY.  It's not too often I hear something I've never heard before, but this headphone certainly provided that sort of listening experience, the kind that makes you want to listen to all your music all over again, in a new way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back