Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Jul 13, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #4,981 of 14,683
A good glass would go very nicely around now!
biggrin.gif

Here you go:

Jul 13, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #4,982 of 14,683
Jul 13, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #4,985 of 14,683

Not good - the best
wink_face.gif

Got a few in the fridge, it's quite nice. Then again over here it's just a good beer you get at the supermarket. Do try Westmalle, Chimay, Delirium and Karmeliet if you have a chance.
Off topic? Not really, I'm listening to the HE1000 as I type
rolleyes.gif

Jul 13, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #4,986 of 14,683
... Do try Westmalle, Chimay, Delirium and Karmeliet if you have a chance...

Yes to the first two, haven't tried the last two. Have to try to hunt them down - might be difficult where I am (New Zealand - end of the Earth).

What could be more HeadFi than relaxing with a favorite beverage while enjoying some great music?
beerchug.gif

Jul 13, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #4,987 of 14,683
I'm going to be sending my he1k's back. They are a very nice headphone but lack refinement build quality wise and are a bit too polite in their sound for me. I also think I got a beta ver. as the headband is on the smallest setting and I have a normal sized head.

Jul 13, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #4,988 of 14,683
  I'm going to be sending my he1k's back. They are a very nice headphone but lack refinement build quality wise and are a bit too polite in their sound for me. I also think I got a beta ver. as the headband is on the smallest setting and I have a normal sized head.

Shame, they really come alive after 100 hours or so. The build quality on mine is pretty good, better than my Audeze's but not tank like the Abyss which is a good thing as they are very comfortable to wear for a while.

Jul 13, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #4,989 of 14,683

what is polite sound? I heard this about billion times yet I cant imagine how any headphones can sound polite,I can only imagine people sounding polite

Jul 13, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #4,990 of 14,683
  what is polite sound? I heard this about billion times yet I cant imagine how any headphones can sound polite,I can only imagine people sounding polite

Read: Original RAW photo after applying softening filter in Photoshop.

Jul 13, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #4,991 of 14,683

I would guess laid back. . .:^)

To me a polite sound would be less dynamic and not as extended as what would be often heard, on average, from other headphones. I don't find them less dynamic or lacking in frequency extension from lows to highs nor would I call them polite as the dynamics at times startles the heck out of me. 

Jul 13, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #4,993 of 14,683
What amp are you using?

Jul 13, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #4,994 of 14,683

What amp are you using?

And compared to what headphone(s)?

Jul 13, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #4,995 of 14,683
Got the He1000 a few days ago, and found something strange.

If I slap (lightly) the 2 sides against each other (ie. against their earpads), there is a rattling noise on the right side as though something is loose within tthe transducer housing/earcup. Left side does not have such rattling noise.

Apparently, the retailer has several sets that have this rattling noise on just one side as well. Was advised that this was part of the design of the nano diaphragm. But if it is part of the design, shouldn't it be observed on both sides?

Has written to Hifiman but no response yet.

Anyone else encounter this?

Hifiman responded and offered exchange without questions.
So all is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back