HIFIMAN HE-R10 Closed-Back Headphones Discussion & Impressions
Nov 4, 2023 at 11:55 PM Post #1,066 of 1,218
I love them to death, but I still wouldn't recommend them just because my taste in headphones can be so odd. They're basically built for classic rock, though. They do rap and the like well, but any genres softer than those are ill-suited for these.

I do plan on keeping them though, and I feel like I got my money's worth, even disregarding all the extras they come with. To any sane person I would recommend the R9 over them, but if you've got a screw loose like me, R10D all the way.
I had the R9's, but moved them on. They lacked too much clarity for me.

I just fear I would take a beating on resale if I don't care for them.

But I am always wondering about that "hidden gem" that I might miss. :smile:

Nov 5, 2023 at 12:00 AM Post #1,067 of 1,218
If you weren't the biggest fan of the R9, you probably wouldn't like the R10D either. They do have greater detail and clarity, but not dramatically so, and their overall sound signature is pretty similar. In fact, I actually thought they used the same driver, and the change to the sound just came from the cups, but oddly, they do use different drivers.

Nov 5, 2023 at 12:09 AM Post #1,068 of 1,218
If you weren't the biggest fan of the R9, you probably wouldn't like the R10D either. They do have greater detail and clarity, but not dramatically so, and their overall sound signature is pretty similar. In fact, I actually thought they used the same driver, and the change to the sound just came from the cups, but oddly, they do use different drivers.
I really enjoyed the R9's for several weeks. I was building a closed back collection and trying to find a winner.
I ended up keeping two, the CFA Cascades (my guilty pleasure) and the Focal Radiance (the best closed backs that I have heard so far).

But I have not found any closed backs that can come close to my favourite open backs. That is why I passed on the R10's and went with the used Meze 109 Pro's.

But I still find it hard to pass what appears to be a killer deal. Although maybe it was for the best.

Nov 10, 2023 at 6:41 AM Post #1,071 of 1,218
Got them but cannot listen as i have one ear blocked at the moment.
I didnt know it has 2 x 3.5 mm connectors on the cups, great surprise, as i can use cables that i have (I though it was one side balanced only). One of them still balanced to use with the bluetooth thingy, which also came and I am looking forward to try. Shipment was from china via fedex, fast and reliable to UK. All looks perfect and basically looks like brand new, so initial impressions are good.I hope i can listening soon... Meanwhile i leave it burning in 24/7

Nov 14, 2023 at 8:57 AM Post #1,072 of 1,218
Just listened to them here in Tokyo. I really enjoyed the R10d. They remind me of old school sound. They are far from perfect, which is great. For $400, they are truly worth a try.

Nov 18, 2023 at 7:40 AM Post #1,075 of 1,218
I can report now
I love them
The bluemini is amazing
A revelation
For 400 i agree, no brainer
Taking into account that the bluemini costs 199, you are getting them for 200 usd... It is a joke
Pairs well with my M17 too
Did your open box version only come with only the 3.5m cable and blue mini stored in cardboard box with Styrofoam HP stand?

I'm not really complaining for $400, just not what I expected. Thought I was getting the full version. I'll be using them primarily for watching TV and playing video games.

After taking a harder look at the website, there is a wired and wireless version. Appears I bought the wireless version. They really need to better clarify this on the website. Again, I selected the correct one for my liking.

** Beware on website there is a non open box version that costs $200 more for the wireless version.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2023 at 8:49 AM Post #1,076 of 1,218
Did your open box version only come with only the 3.5m cable and blue mini stored in cardboard box with Styrofoam HP stand?

I'm not really complaining for $400, just not what I expected. Thought I was getting the full version. I'll be using them primarily for watching TV and playing video games.

After taking a harder look at the website, there is a wired and wireless version. Appears I bought the wireless version. They really need to better clarify this on the website. Again, I selected the correct one for my liking.

** Beware on website there is a non open box version that costs $200 more for the wireless version.
Yes

Nov 18, 2023 at 10:40 AM Post #1,078 of 1,218
Any issues connecting Blueminnie to Apple type products? Won't connect to Mac mini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back