HIFIMAN HE-R10 Closed-Back Headphones Discussion & Impressions
Dec 11, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #1,126 of 1,227
I cannot speak to many of the DACS and Amps you all are speaking to. Although, I can speak to using the R10D with A&K35, Chord Mojo or Chord Hugo. I will refrain to speaking to the Bluemini. The Chord Hugo to many surprise is the least favorable sound signature. The bass is to loud and prominent. A&K35 provides 90% of sound bliss, but with the Mojo it is perfect. The sound signature sounds balanced. So far, this is the best combo so far. The Bluemini I use to watch TV or play video games. So, I am not analyzing the sound. It appears to me the R10D does not like to be overpowered.
I don't know why but, even though I didn't own it, I was somehow certain that with the Mojo the synergy would be perfect. Don't ask me why I knew... I don't know either... but I would have put my hand in the fire.

Dec 11, 2023 at 6:22 PM Post #1,128 of 1,227
Tonight with the help of the Venture Electronics RA2BFE the HE-R10D shine like stars...

ver10d.jpg

Dec 11, 2023 at 7:10 PM Post #1,129 of 1,227
Anyone compared these directly to things like the radiance and fostex th900?
I did compare it directly with the Fostex th900. I found the th900 to neutral, analytical and not as fun as the R10D. I have never heard the Radiance.

Dec 11, 2023 at 8:04 PM Post #1,130 of 1,227
I did compare it directly with the Fostex th900. I found the th900 to neutral, analytical and not as fun as the R10D. I have never heard the Radiance.
Gotcha thank you! I’m considering selling radiance for the r10, th900 sapphires or a used ZMF. Thanks 😊

Dec 11, 2023 at 8:17 PM Post #1,131 of 1,227
Gotcha thank you! I’m considering selling radiance for the r10, th900 sapphires or a used ZMF. Thanks 😊
That should get you just about two sets of R10D's. :slight_smile:
I would be curious to compare them. I was also debating about looking at some DCA Noire's.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2023 at 1:40 AM Post #1,132 of 1,227
Today I tested the dongle bluemini R2R again. And I noticed that at low volume a static hiss is quite loud and you really have to listen really loud to not hear it.
And it seems thatvthe internal volume is too high. When I switch it on or off its voice is very very loud.
Any idea?
Is there some kind of reset procedure?

Dec 12, 2023 at 2:49 AM Post #1,133 of 1,227
Today I tested the dongle bluemini R2R again. And I noticed that at low volume a static hiss is quite loud and you really have to listen really loud to not hear it.
And it seems thatvthe internal volume is too high. When I switch it on or off its voice is very very loud.
Any idea?
Is there some kind of reset procedure?
The hiss isn't there for me, but the volume is too high. So I turn them on before putting them on (after the connection beep I put them on) and turn them off after taking them off. For the reset procedure, try sending an email directly to Hifiman customer support and let us know if there is a procedure. Thank you.

Dec 12, 2023 at 7:16 AM Post #1,134 of 1,227
Well, I contacted the support (17th email). But I am a bit nervous.
I orderd a HE1000V2 refurbised - it was broken.
I orderd the R10P refurbished, got a R10D refurbished that works, but the bluemini is broken.
I still waiting for my R10P, and now I need replacement for the bluemini as I like to keep the R10D.
So chances are high that my R10P is also not working properly.
"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."
I hope it will not regret my hifiman - shopping - marathon.

Dec 12, 2023 at 7:35 AM Post #1,135 of 1,227
Well, I contacted the support (17th email). But I am a bit nervous.
I orderd a HE1000V2 refurbised - it was broken.
I orderd the R10P refurbished, got a R10D refurbished that works, but the bluemini is broken.
I still waiting for my R10P, and now I need replacement for the bluemini as I like to keep the R10D.
So chances are high that my R10P is also not working properly.
"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."
I hope it will not regret my hifiman - shopping - marathon.
If they haven't sent you the 10P yet, I would replace it with a new HE1000 Stealth, it costs half as much and performs twice as much. :wink:

P.S. In the end you will have a better HEK than the V2 and a fun closed HE-R10D that you didn't know about. You save money and get what you wanted from the start.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2023 at 9:04 AM Post #1,137 of 1,227
It's not that easy. I have no use for an open headphone. I live in a noise environment. And I use my canton refernence loud speakers when ever I can.
Audeze LCD 2, R10D and R10P is a good triple with different sounds.
It was only because I had read about the HEK V2... so I thought its evolution which costs half as much would be fine. :wink:

Dec 13, 2023 at 5:13 AM Post #1,139 of 1,227
Does anyone else experience a static hiss from the bluemini R2R at low volume and in silent parts of the song?
And 2nd, the volume of the bluemini is super loud already at 35% with my android devices.
The answer to your first question is no... but have you checked that the Bluetooth LDAC connection is enabled on your phone? The LDAC connection is specific for musical transmissions and could solve the problem you are experiencing.
The answer to your second question is yes... it sounds very loud and there is no need to go above 30% of the phone's volume.

Dec 13, 2023 at 6:29 AM Post #1,140 of 1,227
Yes I did. But the distortion is persistent.
I tested it without bluetooth with wired usbc connection. It's still distorted only the very loud artificial piercing sound when you stop the song is gone. You can test it easily if you listen to an audible book or classical music.
I guess it's damaged and I hope it's not a design flaw. Google reported some more users having that issue.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back