HIFIMAN HE-R10 Closed-Back Headphones Discussion & Impressions
Sep 22, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #436 of 1,219
In the late 1980s, Sony engineers went all-out to make a statement headphone, the MDR-R10. Too bad you'll probably never get to hear it. Production started in 1989, and at $2,500 a pair at that time, it was the most expensive headphone in the world. Unfortunately, SONY stop manufacturing this masterpiece 30 years ago. This is a huge loss for the entire headphones industry and head-fi community.

Sony did make a few other headphones -- MDR-CD3000, 1991, MDR-E888 in 1995, MDR-CD1700 in 1996, and the MDR-CD2000 in 2000 -- but those headphones never attained the stature of the MDR-R10. No, it's never just one thing that makes the great ones great, it's the whole design.

Until now, Fang, inspired by R10 design, brought this world-class audiophile headphone back to new life again with Hifiman Susvara Diaphragm and Bluetooth capability.
He intends for the HE-R10 to surpass the Sony R10. It's fair to assume the HE-R10 was created to surpass the original. Fang is staking his ENTIRE reputation on this, it's fair to expect he will deliver on his intention for his HE-R10 to surpass the Sony.
Lamest advertisement ever.

Sep 24, 2020 at 2:15 AM Post #437 of 1,219
@ciber

You might literally be the only person in the world who has these headphones in hand, AFAIK not even Jude has a pair. If your a legit person posting stuff like that makes you look like a shill. If your part of Hifiman team your making a bad situation much worse.

Sep 25, 2020 at 2:03 AM Post #438 of 1,219
Well, after this stunt, Fang's reputation is lower than it has ever been. Regardless of what he will deliver, he has already failed.

I consider this is the major R&D technology breakthrough for Hifiman. For the first time, Hifiman has its own TOTL flagship dynamic driver and planar magnetic driver closed back headphones capable of beating all other TOTL headphones in the world.

Sep 25, 2020 at 2:50 AM Post #439 of 1,219
I consider this is the major R&D technology breakthrough for Hifiman. For the first time, Hifiman has its own TOTL flagship dynamic driver and planar magnetic driver closed back headphones capable of beating all other TOTL headphones in the world.
You're completely missing the point again.
Please define "beating all other headphones in the world"? - you can't. It's simply impossible.

Sep 25, 2020 at 5:30 AM Post #440 of 1,219
You're completely missing the point again.
Please define "beating all other headphones in the world"? - you can't. It's simply impossible.
His point was that this is Hifimans first dynamic driver flagship, playing in the League of other dynamic flagships.

Before that Hifiman had only planar flagships.

These new cans aren't listed on the Hifiman Website yet, when are they supposed to be released so that we can expect some reviews?

Sep 25, 2020 at 5:32 AM Post #441 of 1,219
His point was that this is Hifimans first dynamic driver flagship, playing in the League of other dynamic flagships.
Yes.
I can read.

Sep 25, 2020 at 7:35 AM Post #442 of 1,219

Edit (5th Dec 2020): now comments and fellow headphone community enthusiasts who are strongly but honestly critical of this headphones are now being removed and blocked from commenting on this thread. No matter what you do, Don't believe the hand picked reviewers!

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2020 at 8:56 AM Post #443 of 1,219
In what category? Falling apart and failing? Who needs it.

Please, don't play us as dumb and part of the great unwashed. We're not.

Sep 25, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #444 of 1,219
In what category? Falling apart and failing? Who needs it.

Hey hey hey...they are planning to use suede instead of pleather. You can't ask for more.

What, did you expect them to change the design of their pads so they don't fall apart after a couple of months? That's just too much to ask. Their headphones are already so cheap that they could not possibly make any money if they didn't make some extra revenue from pad replacement sales.

Also, Hifiman's QC issues are a thing of the past. Just remember that the last time a new Hifiman owner reported receiving a headphone with bad drivers was months...err...actually, it was five days ago...but things are getting better, damn it.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #445 of 1,219
It may yet be a good headphone but I would be more tuned in if headphone companies would put forth the product before promoting it, which makes me wonder if they are sometimes just testing the waters and creating a market but don't actually have a finished product to listen to. This is nothing new, of course, but it can be the source of frustration and over-speculation which helps no one. Nothing beats the 'facts' of an item you can hold in your hand and listen to.

Oct 10, 2020 at 10:42 PM Post #446 of 1,219
071130nu88xu7bicug4r7b.jpg

Oct 10, 2020 at 10:52 PM Post #449 of 1,219

Users who are viewing this thread

Back