Hifiman HE-6SE and HE-1000SE announcement-
Aug 11, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #61 of 634
Oh you mean the Shangri-la?

They did release it in case you were wondering.
Certainly. But I'm just poking fun.

Over on the Sennheiser HE-1 thread, there's a guy who owns both the HE-1 and Shangri-La. He said the Shangri-La is more than up to the task, but he was obviously tricked mind you, so I think it's only good for ogling his pictures. He also has a Viva Egoista 845 v2 + Susvara. More trickery there. It's all a very sad story when you get thinking about it. Hahahahaha.

Aug 11, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #63 of 634
Certainly. But I'm just poking fun.

Over on the Sennheiser HE-1 thread, there's a guy who owns both the HE-1 and Shangri-La. He said the Shangri-La is more than up to the task, but he was obviously tricked mind you, so I think it's only good for ogling his pictures. He also has a Viva Egoista 845 v2 + Susvara. More trickery there. It's all a very sad story when you get thinking about it. Hahahahaha.
Oh yeah I saw that.

To be fair, if you blow that much on headphones, you know you are getting swindled big time.

Aug 11, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #65 of 634
Aug 11, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #66 of 634
I quote:

"Why is so expensive? Because it sound good." - Fang Bian
He will never live that one down. That was too funny. I'm not sure if he had a game plan going into that question, but that reply is now infamous in our little niche. Always makes me laugh.
Oh yeah I saw that.

To be fair, if you blow that much on headphones, you know you are getting swindled big time.
Right?! That was pretty f'ed when I saw that. I was surprised when I saw even the first guy posting a year ago about buying an HE-1 system, but then Johnny Big-D comes in lately and shows what's really up. No hate on him, that's some nice crap and he seems pretty happy with is all, testing different combos, etc. Good on him, and thanks for the pics.
I see you are not familiar with friendly sarcasm? :beyersmile::ksc75smile:
You've got to have a bit of fun, we're discussing the rationale behind the pricing on an item that I have literally thrown out more freebies of than I'll ever own. Headphones are dumb, I hope the market price stays in some kind of check, but when you've got multiple +$4000 headphones on the reg and multiple $50,000 headphones, there's no "in check" left. It's all a farce. Buy used. Use a vintage receiver and go off the speaker taps. Be happy.

Aug 11, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #67 of 634
Those greedy business owners, trying to make money in a niche market where no one depends on their products. I can't stand them. You know what, I think I even heard HiFiMAN was going to release a $50,000 headphone, just to swindle us all out of house and home too. Worst people I've ever heard of, taking advantage of us like that with their high prices.
I see that you don't have a problem with it at all. Good for you, Benny boy.

My original HEKv1s have nosedived in resale value, but oddly, the dropping resale value and the release of other headphones by both HiFiMAN and competitors has somehow not seemed to have made my HEKv1s sound worse
Nah...HEKv1 already sucked since it came out. Won't make any difference at all.

I'll have to give the Empyreans a listen
You'll probably still love your hifiman though. But that's ok, right?

Aug 11, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #69 of 634
You've got to have a bit of fun, we're discussing the rationale behind the pricing on an item that I have literally thrown out more freebies of than I'll ever own. Headphones are dumb, I hope the market price stays in some kind of check, but when you've got multiple +$4000 headphones on the reg and multiple $50,000 headphones, there's no "in check" left. It's all a farce. Buy used. Use a vintage receiver and go off the speaker taps. Be happy.[/QUOTE]

I read sometime a go that apple is able to charge so much for iphons becouse people buy them in stead of laptops as they do 99% of what average joe need from laptop with benefit if calls and camera ( same with ipads) so i think that same happen in HPs world - people are willing to pay more for headphones as they do 75-90% of what hifi speaker system provides with benefit of still being cheaper and more portable and space saving.

I could be wrong thought :ksc75smile:

Aug 11, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #71 of 634
It's all a farce. Buy used. Use a vintage receiver and go off the speaker taps. Be happy.

Its hard to be happy when you run off of speaker taps and two drivers within nine months fail.

I'm actually a bit shocked that the price is "only" 1799.00. Given their recent history of gouging customers,I was expecting a price tag well over 2k.
Im going to wait until overzealous buyers report back extensively on QC before I begin to contemplate buying this headphone. Meanwhile I will be enjoying the rest of my collection,some of which are over 40 years old,and have yet to fail me.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #72 of 634
Honestly I never really had any issue with the way hifiman priced their v1 headphones. After all, "it sound good". The build quality isn't great though.
That being said, their v2s and v3s are basically a kick in the balls for everyone who bought v1 new.

Old HE-6 are uncomfortable, not too beautiful and with paint peeling off in certain spots, but I could honestly dig a hole using them and they'll work.
Can't say that about newer models, had Edition Xv2 for a while and BOYY putting it inside the box was the most stressful thing ever. I was sure they're gonna break in half.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back