Hifiman HE-6SE and HE-1000SE announcement-
Aug 21, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #317 of 634
I wonder if HIFIMAN had continued selling the HE500 and HE6 at the original price forever, then would their company be more successful today? Marketing question I guess. Definitely more beloved as they hone down the manufacturing processes for reliability.

No way. Rapid "improvements" fuel excitement among audiophiles. How many more ARC products made it out the door vs. if they just said screw it - the SP11 is the best pre-amp that can be made? A lot.

As bad as the QC seems to be (according to others, I have no issues), it's the M$ model. Press forward with the new product, and wise buyers wait until the first main dot release comes out to even think about adoption of the line. The bleeding edge types may be upset... but all the other planar manufacturers seem stodgy - or in the case of Audeze hide substantial upgrades under the same name - LCD2 - how many vars and sub vars?

I'm pretty BS about the HFM price on the 6se, I predict they won't sell well until they discount under $1200, mombo sales under $900. It'll keep me from buying the original 6 now, maybe scoop up a used 6se for $625 in 2.5 years - unless one of the new new (as opposed to new old) ones really wins me over - still have to taste an Ananda.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018 at 8:28 PM Post #318 of 634
FYI - on Amazon as of 8/20:

A Classic Evolved
Unparalleled Musicality

The famed HE6 is one of the finest headphones in the world: the ultimate reference headphone for the most demanding of listeners.

Featuring HIFIMAN’s proprietary planar magnetic technology, the HE6se is a no-compromise headphone that delivers a transparent and completely natural rendition of the most complex recordings.

The HE6se is hungry for power, so it is important to pair it with an amplifier that feeds it substantial output, 2 watts per channel or more.

All-new Hybrid Headband lighter and more adjustable for maximum comfort, even after hours of listening.

New 3.5mm connectors angled at 10 degrees to reduce pressure, ensuring a long-lasting link between the headphone and the cable.

Supplied with a Crystalline Copper and Crystalline Silver cable for optimal signal transmission with near-zero signal loss.

Aug 21, 2018 at 8:54 PM Post #319 of 634
Looking at Verum new launch, I wonder how much margin does Fang make. That Verum exudes quality much more than $6000 Susvara. $350 shipped internationally? A friend from China once told me hifiman manufacturing cost is so low that I would probably be shocked. I guess he is right.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018 at 10:04 PM Post #322 of 634
This thread is still a thing??? :L3000:

Aug 21, 2018 at 10:43 PM Post #324 of 634
Nothing is wrong with people sharing negative experiences and nobody said that. The question is if the level of personalized hate being thrown around against hifiman and its CEO is still normal or if it has become an abnormal thing. My point is when you compare Hifiman to other companies, the Hifiman / Fang hating is way overboard in comparison. At this point there is not much Hifiman can do without being ridiculed here by parts of the community.

The ridicule and piling on is the whole problem. Head-fi supposedly prides itself as a serious headphone site, yet we chase off a major member of the industry who used to actively participate here. And to boot, a lot of members find it hilarious. Hifiman didn't even bothering announcing these two new cans, Sundara or Ananda (and possibly more) here. In the past Hifiman would make announcements and also engage the community here. There’s not many places where you could access and pick the brain of a major industry member, however Head-fi no longer has that access.

Aug 21, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #325 of 634
The ridicule and piling on is the whole problem. Head-fi supposedly prides itself as a serious headphone site, yet we chase off a major member of the industry who used to actively participate here. And to boot, a lot of members find it hilarious. Hifiman didn't even bothering announcing these two new cans, Sundara or Ananda (and possibly more) here. In the past Hifiman would make announcements and also engage the community here. There’s not many places where you could access and pick the brain of a major industry member, however Head-fi no longer has that access.

I really don't know how I sleep at night. I'll just have to take comfort that there's other great manufactures that are quite active here on HF like @zach915m @mrspeakers @Audeze @MezeTeam @Sennheiser @Jason Stoddard @iFi audio @Andykong etc...

Aug 21, 2018 at 11:40 PM Post #326 of 634
Aug 22, 2018 at 1:40 AM Post #327 of 634
It is very funny that Hifiman's promoters in this thread cannot review none of his headphones, so what is that? Personal love for Fang?

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2018 at 6:09 AM Post #329 of 634

Users who are viewing this thread

Back